Hard decisions must be made

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

timtam
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
timtam wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Pies fans are signing up this week in force it looks like...we have two now in this thread.....
You are kidding right? Can you not read:

Perhaps try reading mate before you jump to conclusions!
I did read. You were advocating being in Fraser...

timtam wrote:
13) Bring in Fraser (if he is up to scratch) Fraser gives you that 'unknown' factorand his inclusion would worry a few of the teams (I know for a fact that a player from Geelong was concerned about Frasers possible inclusion a couple of weeks back as he is a wildcard)

....a guy that has not played a football games for months into a pressure final.

Pies fans would love that.
Yep, I certainly was. He couldn't play or look any less fit than Kosi, especially at the moment. Might be just what we need up forward. He has been training the house down and has dropped some weight and though he may lack match fitness, as I mentioned previously, he certainly couldn't play any worse than what Kosi has for most of this year. I love Kosi, but something has to give as he is not performing.

Don't argue with an idiot - people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
BallyIsBest
Club Player

stinger, after reading your last ridiculous post re: Scarlett, you are the reason why we come across as one of the most hated teams in the AFL.

Pull your head in or I will do it for you.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

BallyIsBest wrote:Pull your head in or I will do it for you.
It's popcorn time!

BallyIsBest
Club Player

Its always popcorn time for the cheer squad.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

mmm...donuts!

BallyIsBest
Club Player

Krispy Kreme's?

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

BallyIsBest wrote:Talk about being shot down?!

I'm not surprised with the responses, all through history geniuses are often ridiculed because their thinking is against the grain, rather than the sheep mentality of the rest of you.

YES, we all agree/know Harvey WAS a great player and will go down as one of the VFL/AFL all time most talented/skilled/couragous/ambasadors but that time has long passed. He is now a liability (it pains me to say that but like the title of the thread - hard decisions must be made for the benefit of the club). Mediocrity has flowed through our veins for too long.

Mark my words, if Harvey plays on Saturday, not only will we be fare welling him, but we will be fare welling yet another wasted season. Its little wonder this club has been so unsuccessful over 100 years with the soft sentimental attitude of people on here.

Its time for tough decisions and maybe dropping Harvey will wake a few others up, a few ruthless decisions may help finally put this club on the right track or maybe we should do things the old St kilda way: glorify a few individuals, over rate the average performers, reminisce a few past glories, and when it all goes wrong sack the coach.
Your no genius dipshit! Idiotic post of the year reward for you :twisted:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BallyIsBest wrote:stinger, whats your point??

But you highlight the crux of my whole argument.... you may have been to every Sainters game for the last 45 years, but how many premierships have you seen??????????????

Now is the time for change. NOW. "For the greater good, tough decisions must be made"

one more than you troll......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

BallyIsBest wrote:stinger, after reading your last ridiculous post re: Scarlett, you are the reason why we come across as one of the most hated teams in the AFL.

Pull your head in or I will do it for you.

you're on troll.......flowerwit..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

you that toothless creep that wears the gold jacket.........or the one in the hob nail boots....tess isn't it??????

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BallyIsBest ...Nexus back yet again it would seem.....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:BallyIsBest ...Nexus back yet again it would seem.....
you are probably right.....

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:why the f*** would you drop banger,
are you stupid.
clearly you are.
make a contribution don't post crap
I completely agree with you but the irony is amazing... in both of the quoted posts.

On the topic... Kosi seriously needs to put in a bloody good effort this Saturday, surely not just our patience is running thin, but the club's as well.

On the Harvey point.... you cannot be serious!
He is the club's greatest ever player and the embodiment of the St Kilda Football Club.
He is respected by all in the footy world... what kind of a message would Ross be sending to the players and the media if he was to drop such a champion going into what is one of his last matches?

BallyIsBest
Club Player

Well, I am not in my lonesome with my theory....

Grant Thomas on SEN this arvo reaffirmed my sentiments.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
Saint Mik wrote:I do agree with you Kossi posts though and it saddens me, just look at my SIG :cry:

CMON KOSSI LIFT FOR FARKS SAKE PLEASE.
I know this is a little bit off topic but I reckon Sheedy was a wily old fox.

Sheedy pumped Kosi up saying he would win a Brownlow - but he is far from winning one.

He also pumped up Dal Santo and compared him to Ian Stewart.

His mind tricks have worked well on both of them!
EXACTLY what i was discussing with my compatriots....Dal has NEVER been the same since Sheedy said that...

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

I'm trying to conceive of leaving out Harvey... I can get as far as Sunday not being a great performance... but the guy has a run or two on the board I think ;)

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

BallyIsBest wrote:Well, I am not in my lonesome with my theory....

Grant Thomas on SEN this arvo reaffirmed my sentiments.
bulls*** he did ! Drop harvey, did he say that? No he didnt. In fact I didnt hear him say anything about harvs. Even if he did, your post about dropping harvs was so f****** stupid it makes you look like a utter fool!

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Hard decisions do have to be made, but Harvs' isn't involved in them.

Dal Santo is the player that worries me most. Since Lyon has taken over Dal has become incredibly inconsistent and his workrate has not improved whatsoever (in fact it has probably become worse). He's not performing in big games and generally doesn't give us any value.

He would still have huge trade value, and if we could get a top 5 pick (Rich, Hurley or Naitanui) for him I think we should jump at it. The alternative would be to wait until next year and if he still doesn't improve we could get a top 3 pick from the GC.

X Clarke is also a huge concern. He just can't stay fit and as soon as he cops an injury he loses all fitness, confidence and touch for the rest of the season. I would be happy with a top 20 pick for Xavier (though that could be a stretch now).

Then obviously we have a lot of dead wood to cut off (Rix, Ferguson, C.Gardiner and unfortunately Leigh Fisher), while I'd like us to make the hard decisions on Maguire, Baker and Attard (though it won't happen).

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

BallyIsBest wrote:If he gets a heavy knock, he is basically out of the game.
Ever been on the receiving end of a bump from Josh Hunt? Tipping even a younger body would take a long time to recover from a bump that was given out like that.

It wasn't just Banger that copped a mauling and a going over yesterday.

That's one of Harvey's traits - to cop a pummelling, get up and get to the next contest when he can. That's probably why more than a fair few players in the AFL rate him as one of the hardest and most courageous players playing at the moment.

He had lots of mates yesterday that would count the game as not one of their finest 120 minutes of football.

BTW If you want to ramble on about hard decisions being made, Robert Harvey made the hard decision a few weeks ago by not going on next year. How hard do you think that was?

Make no mistake, Robert Harvey will be busting his ass to come out breathing fire next week. Having said that we will all anxiously await your apology next week.

BallyIsBest
Club Player

[quote="TimeToShineFellas"][quote="BallyIsBest"]If he gets a heavy knock, he is basically out of the game. [/quote]

Ever been on the receiving end of a bump from Josh Hunt? Tipping even a younger body would take a long time to recover from a bump that was given out like that.

It wasn't just Banger that copped a mauling and a going over yesterday.

That's one of Harvey's traits - to cop a pummelling, get up and get to the next contest when he can. That's probably why more than a fair few players in the AFL rate him as one of the hardest and most courageous players playing at the moment.

He had lots of mates yesterday that would count the game as not one of their finest 120 minutes of football.

BTW If you want to ramble on about hard decisions being made, Robert Harvey made the hard decision a few weeks ago by not going on next year. How hard do you think that was?

Make no mistake, Robert Harvey will be busting his ass to come out breathing fire next week. Having said that we will all anxiously await your apology next week.[/quote]

Need to clarify a few things:

1. the bump was from Rooke, not Hunt as you mentioned.
2. That WAS one of Bangers best traits "cop a heavy bump then get back to it". But sadly, no longer. Did you see how long he stayed down, and then how ineffective he was after it. A younger player would bounce back much quicker.
3. about Harvey making the 'hard' decision to not go on next year. Dont know what planet you are on, but it seems a pretty bloody obvious decision to me (and if he did not make the decision, I dare say someone would have made it on his behalf).

Reality check mate. Dont live in a dream.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

F*** off troll.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BallyIsBest wrote:

Need to clarify a few things:

2. That WAS one of Bangers best traits "cop a heavy bump then get back to it". But sadly, no longer. Did you see how long he stayed down, and then how ineffective he was after it. A younger player would bounce back much quicker.
3. about Harvey making the 'hard' decision to not go on next year. Dont know what planet you are on, but it seems a pretty bloody obvious decision to me (and if he did not make the decision, I dare say someone would have made it on his behalf).

Reality check mate. Dont live in a dream.

How about we make the EASY decision and ban the Troll from Planet Nexus...????

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
BallyIsBest
Club Player

[quote="joffaboy"]F*** off troll.[/quote]

Cop out.

If you disagree, explain 'why' you disagree rather than dribbling that cr@p.

Last time I checked I thought this was a 'Forum' where different ideas/opinions were discussed/debated rather than everyone slapping eachother on the back and just agreeing.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Grant Thomas did not back you up, he said that if he hears one more person say "lets do it for Harves" and that "teams win premierships, not individuals" how that translates to dropping him for this weeks game

State your opinion how ever much we disagree with it, but have the intestinal fortitute to back it up yourself instead of claiming "GT backed me up" :roll:

MACEwasACE
Club Player

BallyisBest and TimTam. P*s Off you stupid id*ots. Go back to Filth Park.

Having been watching this forum for so long, it is quite obvious when trolls post their first post as being negative , followed by a coule of limp and pathetic follow-ups , and then dissapear like Paris Hiltons knickers.

IF It is to be it is up to me.