Ross Lyon on SEN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ball_Breaker
Club Player

Ross Lyon on SEN

...after 6pm news

Lost in the St. Kilderness
stevos2151
Club Player

Recap based on memory:

KOSI: played some very good games...agrees need to be consistent. Ross agrees that he sometimes struggles in the wet

BOTTOM 6 PLAYERS: doesnt expect them to be Ablett. Just to go hard when its their turn. Defended Raph.

COLLINGWOOD: Gotta be intense and pressure the ball carrier as they have a high kick to hb ratio

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

stevos2151 wrote:Recap based on memory:

KOSI: played some very good games...agrees need to be consistent. Ross agrees that he sometimes struggles in the wet
must have a different take on what constitutes a very good game.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

playing as a ruckman.....and full forward...have to be two of the hardest gigs in the game........kossi is made to play both...in the same game........pretty tough on the young man.......he actuallyplayed a lot better that roo on the week=end but has to suffer the crap posted on here and printed in the papers......robbo is just a fat-f***.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

stevos2151 wrote:Defended Raph.
good. what was said and what was ross's response?

steph
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:

was referring to the bottom 6 question, when he went through each player that was mentioned he stated he thought raph was unfairly and harshly criticised this week, and that he has really turned his form around.

good to see raph get some support i say.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

steph wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

was referring to the bottom 6 question, when he went through each player that was mentioned he stated he thought raph was unfairly and harshly criticised this week, and that he has really turned his form around.

he wasn't our worst player..

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

steph wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

yeah. i like it how even when he makes mistakes it doesn't stop him from trying again.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:playing as a ruckman.....and full forward...have to be two of the hardest gigs in the game........kossi is made to play both...in the same game........pretty tough on the young man.......he actuallyplayed a lot better that roo on the week=end but has to suffer the crap posted on here and printed in the papers......robbo is just a fat-f***.....
I reckon he was talking him up to increase his trade value.

Ouch! :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
rexy
SS Life Member

The good thing about the game of both Raph and X on Sunday was they were two of the only guys who kept presenting all day. From where I was sitting a lot of our boys went in to self preservation mode and stopped presenting so that they would not be responsible for a turn over.

Maybe this year?
steph
Club Player

rexy wrote:The good thing about the game of both Raph and X on Sunday was they were two of the only guys who kept presenting all day. From where I was sitting a lot of our boys went in to self preservation mode and stopped presenting so that they would not be responsible for a turn over.
agreed that raph had a good game, gotta remember the defence was under attack with the amount of supply the geelong forwards were getting.

disagree about X. thought he was nothing short of woeful. outbodied in every contest, went to ground at every contest, couldn't stick a tackle, and fumbled like crazy. simply shocking.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

steph wrote:
rexy wrote:The good thing about the game of both Raph and X on Sunday was they were two of the only guys who kept presenting all day. From where I was sitting a lot of our boys went in to self preservation mode and stopped presenting so that they would not be responsible for a turn over.
agreed that raph had a good game, gotta remember the defence was under attack with the amount of supply the geelong forwards were getting.

disagree about X. thought he was nothing short of woeful. outbodied in every contest, went to ground at every contest, couldn't stick a tackle, and fumbled like crazy. simply shocking.
X was atrocious. Probably the worst performance from a single player i've seen in a while.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Saintschampions08 wrote:
steph wrote:

X was atrocious. Probably the worst performance from a single player i've seen in a while.
Unfortunately consistant with a player that has missed heaps of footy then steps into a final...X is much better than that display and will improve if he gets another chance...the question is can we afford the luxory or do we play it safer with Armo or Allen...mmmmmmm?

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
stkfc1
Club Player

FFS.. X comes back from how long out of the game, in finals pressure, against the best team in the comp. Was everyone expecting him to win the game of his own boot? IMO shouldn't have played at all. When fit and in form X definatly in our best 22, but too little too late. We should have stuck with Birss who is in form. Problem was at the selection table not with X's performance. Hopefully if he plays again this week the run would have done him some good (doubt it would have done much for his confidence though).

stinger
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote:FFS.. X comes back from how long out of the game, in finals pressure, against the best team in the comp. Was everyone expecting him to win the game of his own boot? IMO shouldn't have played at all. When fit and in form X definatly in our best 22, but too little too late. We should have stuck with Birss who is in form. Problem was at the selection table not with X's performance. Hopefully if he plays again this week the run would have done him some good (doubt it would have done much for his confidence though).

sensible post....few and far between around here.....

steph
Club Player

stkfc1 wrote:FFS.. X comes back from how long out of the game, in finals pressure, against the best team in the comp. Was everyone expecting him to win the game of his own boot? IMO shouldn't have played at all. When fit and in form X definatly in our best 22, but too little too late. We should have stuck with Birss who is in form. Problem was at the selection table not with X's performance. Hopefully if he plays again this week the run would have done him some good (doubt it would have done much for his confidence though).
agreed he should never have been picked, was utter madness by the coaching staff.

i just hoped that he was going to attack the game with a bit of ferocity, but instead he was a little lamb that lost every contest he was a part of, and showed no composure.

unsure about whether he's in our best 22. would drop for this week, get a pre-season under his belt and give him one more yr to show what he's got.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Saintschampions08 wrote:
steph wrote:

not the only one that thought that...in the first quarter alone he got pushed off it a few times, tried to tackle and couldnt hold it at least three times and buggered up a few contested possessions...he was in the game alright but he didnt actually do anything and was made to look a bit of a dill

so...when was his last decent game for the club??? i can't actually think of one ever

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Saintschampions08 wrote: X was atrocious. Probably the worst performance from a single player i've seen in a while.
You obviously haven't been to too many Saints games this year.

Have you watched Kosi at all? He had a full preseason and has played nearly all games.

X is coming back from injury and (in the classic turf reference) will be better for the run.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
philip
Club Player

Agreed, i thought his game showed how long he has been missing from top flight footy.

it was pleasing that he kept presenting as one of the other posters mentioned, but unfortunately, i'm not sure finals football is a time to bring a player back in from a long spell. i mean he is not harvs or bally in quality.

That said, he will definetely be better this week after the run should he be selected, although i again agree Birss should be in the team. Should not have been dropped for McQualter.

Go saints!
philip

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Saintschampions08 wrote: X was atrocious. Probably the worst performance from a single player i've seen in a while.
You obviously haven't been to too many Saints games this year.

Have you watched Kosi at all? He had a full preseason and has played nearly all games.

X is coming back from injury and (in the classic turf reference) will be better for the run.
My goodness Shakey, every thread must be about Kosi being on struggle street... You seriously have an obsession with kicking the kid when he's down... Bottom six thread, "what about Kosi", Ross Lyon thread "have i mentioned Kosi"... give it up...
:roll:

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

stevos2151 wrote:Recap based on memory:

BOTTOM 6 PLAYERS: doesnt expect them to be Ablett. Just to go hard when its their turn. Defended Raph.
Exactly what I tell people!!! We can trade and swap and dance around banging tuna fish together over the skin of a black cat, but at the end of the day we have a salary cap! You develop players, not sit around trying to purchase the hard work and yards put in by other clubs!

Just for friggin arguments sake, Clinton Jones is one of our up and developing young players, so is Raf, so is Birss and so is a stack of our other younger players! Sometimes you get the cards you're dealt with and you have to deal with them. 16 other teams were going for the flag this season, and as disappointing as things may feel, we're still one of 6 clubs still in it! After this weekend we coud remain as one of the top 4! Food for thought! Think about it!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i was at the end when raph missed that dolly from 25 or 30 out....
he had an average day.
but that happens i spose.
one of many that just needs to get his confidence back and believe......

Art Vandelay
Club Player

I didn't think Raph was our worst player last week. I had him ahead of his brother, McQualter, Gilbert, Charlie Gardiner and Gwilt just to name a few. Having said that though, I still think that Raph is at his best, a solid VFL player.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Art Vandelay wrote:I didn't think Raph was our worst player last week. I had him ahead of his brother, McQualter, Gilbert, Charlie Gardiner and Gwilt just to name a few. Having said that though, I still think that Raph is at his best, a solid VFL player.
i think he's a bit better than that. like to see him added to the midfield rotation some time in the future.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I'm surprised RL picked X and McQ. X is weeks off being in condition for finals. I watched the replay again (silly me) and Raph was reasonable and one of of our better players in a poor effort. Some of more senior/ experienced players should have the finger pointed at them, not the bottom 6, as our more experienced group showed bugger-all leadership and desperation considering this was a final. Lenny tried hard, but generally it was as soft as any St. Kilda team I've seen in years.