Rumour: About Dal & Kerr

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

goodie wrote:If we got pick 5, I'd say keep it. Lot of very good kids in this year's draft, much rather have two of them than Kerr
I agree.

That means that we potentially get two young gun players from a strong draft instead of one.

Legendary
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:I can confirm this won't happen.

Source: Reality.
Lmao.

Post of the year.

MACEwasACE
Club Player

Maybe this is just a tactic to fire Dal up.

Trade Dal, know way. Dal just needs some more support.

IF It is to be it is up to me.
Gilbert=Legend

There is no way we will want kerr, he is a criminal, and dal is captain material, if he wasn't dropped early in the season for 1 GAME!!!!!! after tons in row we wouldn't even be discussing this

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Okay, so we can pretty much put my rumour down as El' Crappo :lol: :lol: That's good! :D

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

goodie wrote:If we got pick 5, I'd say keep it. Lot of very good kids in this year's draft, much rather have two of them than Kerr
Agree. With picks 5 and 12 we could probably grab a quality midfielder and key defender. And I wouldn't really mind if we traded Dal because he's got a huge reputation but is delivering less than Blake at the moment. If we could get a top 5 pick for him I'd go for it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
Agree. With picks 5 and 12 we could probably grab a quality midfielder and key defender. And I wouldn't really mind if we traded Dal because he's got a huge reputation but is delivering less than Blake at the moment. If we could get a top 5 pick for him I'd go for it.
How about we keep him and get his mind right to play like he has in the previous year. Unlike Kosi he has proven himself to be a very good player.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert=Legend wrote:There is no way we will want kerr, he is a criminal, and dal is captain material, if he wasn't dropped early in the season for 1 GAME!!!!!! after tons in row we wouldn't even be discussing this
Of course we would want Kerr. He is one of the top 5 mids in the competition. His off-field behavior has never affected his game so why give a crap what he does in his own time?

Dal is so far away from being captain material it's not funny. He doesn't work hard during games, he often goes missing in crucial stages, he drifts off his opponent hoping for easy kicks and doesn't seem to be prepared to improve his workrate.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Geez bit too rich for my liking not a dal fan but giving up our first pick and him for Kerr would be list suicide especially with the draft how it is next year...

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:I can confirm this won't happen.

Source: Reality.
Ha.

Exactly. Dal Santo and a first rounder for Kerr.

Tell him he's dreaming.

fisher_fan
Club Player

I heard a similar rumor, must say i didnt really believe it...but the word was we were trading dal to get essendons first round pick to work a deal to pick up cousins and kerr. I dont think pick 5 would be used to get cousins and west coast wouldnt give up kerr for just pick 5 so i dont understand :S

such is life
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

fisher_fan wrote:I heard a similar rumor, must say i didnt really believe it...but the word was we were trading dal to get essendons first round pick to work a deal to pick up cousins and kerr. I dont think pick 5 would be used to get cousins and west coast wouldnt give up kerr for just pick 5 so i dont understand :S
Cousins is not at any club...and cannot be traded for.

The only thing you could do is to trade for extra pick to use tp ick Cousins up in the draft...iea pick before say Collingwood who might otherwis gazump us.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Junior
Club Player

Dal Santo captain material the funniest post i have ever seen on this forum.

Need to lead by example work hard put yopur body on the line to be a captain and play well when being tagged and in finals.

Which of this crietria does Dal fit, i would suggest none. Talented but lazy player, would not trade him but would be just about my last pick as a captain. Does not have the will or mental toughness to be a great player.

Watch this Saturday as o'Bree and Swan and Burns dominate all of whom have less natural ability than Dal.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

mad saint guy wrote:Dal is so far away from being captain material it's not funny. He doesn't work hard during games, he often goes missing in crucial stages, he drifts off his opponent hoping for easy kicks and doesn't seem to be prepared to improve his workrate.
Captains inspire and take the game by the scruff of the neck when it's needed. (You only needed to see Brett Kirk's game on the weekend for Sydney for example!)

That's why Roo is captain of the Club and will be for many years to come (OK granted he wasn't fantastic on the weekend but we got poleaxed and the bloke who got nailed to the cross wouldn't have been enough to stop Geelong).

You are spot on with your comment MSG. At the moment Dal Santo does not inspire, nor does he show any sign of ripping opposition teams apart.