i was wrong about Lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

i was wrong about Lyon

Not at all ashamed to admit it

He had better cattle than Malthouse tonight, but he pantsed him tactically as well

The TD game against Freo looms larger and larger as a turning point in RL's career as coach

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

will coach us to a premiership.

Legendary
Club Player

And you're a bigger person than many on here for admitting that you were wrong meher baba, so I reckon you deserve to be spared from any "I told you so" comments ...

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I was in limbo about Lyon myself. Tonight has really changed my opinion totally. As Ralphysaint mentioned, he will coach us to a Premiership!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

respect MB :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
battye
Saintsational Legend

I thought he coached really well tonight, a very attacking game plan reminiscent of 2004 or 2005 under GT.

I hope to this continue not only in the coming weeks, but also next year in the H&A season.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:And you're a bigger person than many on here for admitting that you were wrong meher baba, so I reckon you deserve to be spared from any "I told you so" comments ...
I doubt I will be, though...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Considering the list he inhereted he has gone very well this year.

We need to work on the list that was so badly neglected from about 2003 onwards by the previous football dept.

Have done wonders with the other big failing - injuries.

What a great coach and manager.

Once we actually get games into Armo and Eddy and Allen and Jack Steven and Gilbo and Raph - with the core of Kosi and Roo and Lenny and bj and Luke Ball - we have the makings of a top four team for a few years to come.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
howlinwolf
Club Player

I have said to many at work the last couple of weeks that I think we've over achieved this year. (after continuous speculation about how good are we)

When you look at our bottom 6 we've done bloody well to get where we have this year.
Collingwood had some injuries but we also have many young inexperienced players as well.

McQualter, Eddy, Armo , Gwilt, Gilbert and Allen (who played 7 minutes)

Well done Saints and well done Ross Lyon

The difference was the lesser players standing up. Who would've picked Raph and Gilbo to stand up tonight ?
Very good games by both. The best i have seen from Raph.
Dal having a blinder helped as well.

I think Gilbo can play better still.

kaos theory
Club Player

Not at all ashamed to admit it

He had better cattle than Malthouse tonight, but he pantsed him tactically as well

The TD game against Freo looms larger and larger as a turning point in RL's career as coach
I was ready to jump off the RL band wagon just before the freo game in Perth....
Glad I stayed on for one more week :wink:

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Im glad to say I never potted Ross and was glad when he dropped Dal and Milney.

That said, have been very frustrated at times this year with how we played but I think early on in the season we kept on getting beaten in the hard ball and thats not his fault. Thats changed and now we look good.

Regardless of what hapens next week this season has been a success. The life of a saint fan, excietment, frustration, frustration, excietment. We better win a premiership this year or soon because I can't handle this. Dont know how old Saint fans are still alive.

gooner
Club Player

Tonight was agreat example I think of how his gameplan works.

Tempo footy, us holding on to the ball for periods and then releasing when ready.
Very accountable when the opposition have the ball and forcing them out wide (one reason that their kicking for goal was poor).
Getting the ball in to our forwards early.

It was very clear the Collingwood did not know how to deal with our set up.

Well done Ross.

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He coached VERY WELL tonight.......towelled up Malthouse......

Their fwd line was in disarray, due to his tactics.....

He has coached well in 75% of games this season

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: i was wrong about Lyon

meher baba wrote:Not at all ashamed to admit it

Well said MB.

“Yeah….nah””
Batnoe

i have like RL since we've had him

He now equals GT in prelim spot- he is at least equal with him, but if we win next week we will be unstoppable

Can we get both the pre season and the real cup!!!!!!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:i have like RL since we've had him

He now equals GT in prelim spot- he is at least equal with him, but if we win next week we will be unstoppable

Can we get both the pre season and the real cup!!!!!!
and the $million bonus for winning both!!!!!!!!!!!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Solar
Saintsational Legend

I'm with you MB

I potted lyon after the second collingwood game. His match ups lost us a four goal start and ended up costing us the game. Back then he played a developing KPB as a small back on davis. This made no sense, the guy is an ex rugby player whose football smarts involve straight ahead football.

Las night he played on dawes and towelled him up. Was able to work off his man and take some great contested marks. CJ tagged davis and didn't allow him to get on top and spark them. Gutsy coaching move.

Played gwilt forward and selected allen as another lead up forward option. Rewind back to the previous pies game and it was riewoldt v brown and wakelin.

Right now we have developing backs who can run off and create in raph clarke and gilbert. We have some damaging Half forwards in schneider and gwilt doing good stuff in close.

Plus the boys GET the game plan. They understand that sometimes it is better in a final to keep your head when things go crazy. At one stage the forward 50 was clogged so we chipped it up the wing until we found gwilt 48 from goal. He finished and all of a sudden we had a good little break. Compare that to the pies players who lost their heads and bombed it long.

Last night lyon was fantastic. Yes he had the better cattle but he also allowed them to play their best football.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
bethb7
Club Player

He out coached Malthouse last night. We won the game on and off the field

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:and the $million bonus for winning both!!!!!!!!!!!
Which means we will have money in the bank in case there are any more ex staff members wanting to sue us!

8-)