hawks probe clears buddy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

hawks probe clears buddy

no doubt this will go to the opposition forum, but i thought it might be of some interest since buddy looms large for us this week.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 62,00.html

HAWTHORN has cleared star player Lance "Buddy" Franklin after an investigation prompted by allegations about his off-field behaviour last weekend.

The club's internal investigation included interviewing Franklin and checks of teammates' text messages.

The investigation was sparked when a member of the public contacted the club, the AFL and the media during the week claiming an emotional Franklin had got in his car after he was allegedly seen walking among traffic in St Kilda.

The club denied Franklin got in the car or did anything wrong, but confirmed he was in the area after a barbecue in Elwood and that he spoke to motorists.

and so on

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Very confusing, I don't think the journalist really summed the whole thing up too well. Between what is alleged by the guy in the car, and what was said by the club, very strange.

Regardless, hopefully it puts him off his game.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Maybe he mistaked the white traffic lines for something else.....

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

reading between the lines, the hawks are attempting to sweep the whole puzzling incident under the table, though one wonders what the consequences would be for a lesser player.

can't say i blame them. the guy's a superstar and they can ill-afford negative media attention on him at this stage of the season.

anyway, a 21-year-old behaving erratically ... hardly unusual.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I reckon it's blindingly obvious what the journalist is trying to tell us subtly, without seeming to tell us anything.

"Emotional" is journo-speak for something else.l The reference to "walking among cars" is also a big clue.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Richter
SS Life Member

Agreed mb - a journo friend of mine reckons that it is only a matter of time with Buddy.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Capricornia
Club Player

Richter wrote:Agreed mb - a journo friend of mine reckons that it is only a matter of time with Buddy.
Theres alot of scuttlebut about him thats for sure.

timtam
Club Player

Richter wrote:Agreed mb - a journo friend of mine reckons that it is only a matter of time with Buddy.

Yep, couldn't agree more...they can't keep him under lock and key forever!

Seems it depends on who you are and which club you belong to as to what you can get away with! :evil:

Don't argue with an idiot - people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

By the way, I'm anything but pleased about this.

Putting my Sainters bias aside, I am also an AFL fan, and I reckon Buddy is one of the excitement machines of modern AFL: up there with Judd, GA jnr, J Brown and Riewoldt for mine. I just love watching him play, and I don't mind Roughy either. It's AFL the way I like to see it.

But Franklin does seem to be a troubled young man, and all the public attention and money won't help much, I suspect.

I really hope the Hawks can get it together, for the good of the game.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
santazzi
Club Player

Buddygate.......wow...........!!! :lol:

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:Buddygate.......wow...........!!! :lol:
Perhaps more like "Emogate"???

- Jonathan Swift
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:By the way, I'm anything but pleased about this.

Putting my Sainters bias aside, I am also an AFL fan, and I reckon Buddy is one of the excitement machines of modern AFL: up there with Judd, GA jnr, J Brown and Riewoldt for mine. I just love watching him play, and I don't mind Roughy either. It's AFL the way I like to see it.

But Franklin does seem to be a troubled young man, and all the public attention and money won't help much, I suspect.

I really hope the Hawks can get it together, for the good of the game.
agreed, but like i said it's hardly the first time a kid of 21 has behaved erratically.