Number of SCMembers in 2008? & other Club Totals

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

my les foote
Club Player

Otiman wrote:Foundation membership is not required because SC memberships are capped at 8500. If demand exceeds that, then they may reinstate it.
So why do they put it on some cards and not others.

And this document:
http://www.saints.com.au/Portals/0/Fina ... 02008a.pdf
refers to foundation members, although they aren't treated any differently this year.

Win it for HIM!
osama milne laden
Club Player

>>>My whole family were social club members in 1997 and didnt get a ticket

not sure why

i was a social club member but queued for days at the arts centre to get one in line with general club members with my non-social club mates

i then actually got rung on the tuesday by the club telling me they had a ticket at the club waiting for me if i wanted it as a result of my social club membership (which i obviously i couldn't accept as i already had one)

'What do we eat? -Mussles
How do we eat 'em? - Alive'
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

osama milne laden wrote:>>>My whole family were social club members in 1997 and didnt get a ticket

not sure why

i was a social club member but queued for days at the arts centre to get one in line with general club members with my non-social club mates

i then actually got rung on the tuesday by the club telling me they had a ticket at the club waiting for me if i wanted it as a result of my social club membership (which i obviously i couldn't accept as i already had one)
Indeed...as far as I am aware the SC allocation was not all used for SC Members...

I know of some football members who gained SC allocation after Sc members had had their fill as some smarties realised that no one at the Club was clipping the SC tickets (back then you had a SC ticket and Football Club Ticket)..and were just clipping the Football Club Ticket.

So FC members borrowed SC tickets to buy GF tickets. By then there were no queues and so people could just walk in and buy.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

so basically those of us that have normal memberships (melb or interstate) just have to wait till tuesday morn and ring up ticketmaster to try and get one to the big dance?

and if the allocated social club memberships havent all gone its first in best dressed for everyone else thats a normal/interstate member?

just wanna make sure im covering all bases here and am prepared to do whatever i have to do to try and be there.

ta... :D 8-)

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:so basically those of us that have normal memberships (melb or interstate) just have to wait till tuesday morn and ring up ticketmaster to try and get one to the big dance?

and if the allocated social club memberships havent all gone its first in best dressed for everyone else thats a normal/interstate member?

just wanna make sure im covering all bases here and am prepared to do whatever i have to do to try and be there.

ta... :D 8-)
Yes

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

cheers mate....
i now know my options 8-) 8-)

1. the above
2. corporate package and snub the suit and tie bollocks and just buy it for the seat
3. the 'weird man that hangs about outside whispering the T word'
4. watch it at wherever everyone else is that cant make it (laaaaaaaaast option)

mick13
Club Player

Scalp like a biatch. If we won it would be worth it, if we lost, not at all.

Cmon Doggies!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

mick13 wrote:Scalp like a biatch.
uh huh :D
i need a willing participant:

so we can get 2 'said items' and one can go and get in the 'said place' trying the 'said item',
while i stay with 'said person' to make sure 'said items' are not phoney.

participant gets in....purchase another 'said item' and follow participant...
if participant doesnt get in....
get angry

sooooo
anyone? 8-)

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
osama milne laden wrote:>>>My whole family were social club members in 1997 and didnt get a ticket

not sure why

Indeed...as far as I am aware the SC allocation was not all used for SC Members...

I know of some football members who gained SC allocation after Sc members had had their fill as some smarties realised that no one at the Club was clipping the SC tickets (back then you had a SC ticket and Football Club Ticket)..and were just clipping the Football Club Ticket.

So FC members borrowed SC tickets to buy GF tickets. By then there were no queues and so people could just walk in and buy.
classic!

The good old pre-barcode days!

I once got into a GF on an MCC members badge (pre swipe cards)....I was a teenager, non-member, and it was borrowed off someone....I showed the badge at a couple of gates and they said it was last year's and not valid (which was the case, news to me at the time as I wasn't aware of that!), third gate though I got in!!! Can't happen now with barcodes of course, was over 20 years ago!!!