Potential Trading

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

One Eyed Saint
Club Player

Potential Trading

Players to put on the trade table

1. NDS - Has currency and could get is Kerr if he leaves WCE
2. X - Is his best behind him?? Could trade for a player or 2nd round pick.
3. Kosi - Trade to Carlton for 1st round pick.

Other than that, no other players have trade value

Drafting Priorities

1. First two selections must be mids
2. Then backman (backup to goose and max)
3. Forwards

Players who should be moved on or delisted

C Gardiner
L Fisher
A Fiora
M Gardiner

With smart drafting/trading we could make it to the GF next year.

Will St Kilda be bold enough to shake up the list????

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

no to kosi or nds...they are guns

joey??? seems a play who can be covered by youngen's/other players

he would have good currency

its about time this club became like a business to get results...i.e a flag

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:no to kosi or nds...they are guns

joey??? seems a play who can be covered by youngen's/other players

he would have good currency

its about time this club became like a business to get results...i.e a flag

You want the club to act like a business but say dont trade Kosi because he is a gun. When and where has that been. If we get an offer in our favour for nearly any player we must take it.

coolingbaba
Club Player

We should try and get Cousins or Kerr...but DO NOT trade NDS or Kosi!

Football teams are about teamwork...n those 2 have been there in the core group as long as most for the Saints.

Ross Strudwick

Christ, you blokes don't let the grass grow.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

both kosi and dal dont stand up in losing games. would trade dal for kerr in a heart beat. At least kerr has a defensive side to his game unlike the other two. If we keep them, more likey we do both need serious conditioning. dal either needs to get bigger, stronger and tougher or run like harvey did. Kosi needs more angry pills at the start of the game because he did not get interested. needs another complete pre season no injuries.
Last edited by ROLS-LEE on Sun 21 Sep 2008 3:30am, edited 1 time in total.

timtam
Club Player

Seems that Dal has the sulks (and has had for a fair while now). Anyone know what is up with that? I know he has been unwell, but I believe there is more to it. 'Spose time will tell.......

Don't argue with an idiot - people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Kosi and Dal are not going anywhere, they'll be playing fou us next year.

Until we all learn that they are not going to be superstars for us, the better off we'll all be.

Not every player ever picked becomes a superstar, it's time we accept that Dal & Kosi are going to be good/solid players for us from time to time, but never what we expected.

Every team has the same hopes and dreams with the potential on their list, but more often than not, it never quite works out the way they hoped.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Just a week ago both played pivotal roles in a finals win......

Kosi had the ball come inside fifty 30 times....

Dal contended with Bateman who would have done a similar job on Kerr...

Trade them at your peril.....

Hall, Everitt, Lappin, Smith, Wakelin......do we never learn - do not trade good players......and do not accept damaged goods......unless it's for nothing

RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

What game were you watching against Collingwood. To say Kosi played a pivotal role is rubbish. He started well then as usual when we needed him to step up in the second and third quarters he was nowhere to be seen.

All these bloody Kosi nut huggers..You get these St kilda fans that see absolutely nothing wrong with him and are totally baised to any negativity which in most cases is justified.
Last edited by RodKeoghsLoveChild on Sun 21 Sep 2008 10:32am, edited 1 time in total.

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
SaintWal
Club Player

The Saintsational Man wrote:Kosi and Dal are not going anywhere, they'll be playing fou us next year.

Until we all learn that they are not going to be superstars for us, the better off we'll all be.

Not every player ever picked becomes a superstar, it's time we accept that Dal & Kosi are going to be good/solid players for us from time to time, but never what we expected.

Every team has the same hopes and dreams with the potential on their list, but more often than not, it never quite works out the way they hoped.
Well said.

Dal is a great link player and until we can develop a midfield like Geelong where you don't know who to tag he will have ineffectual games like this. With Ball back next year and a developing Armitage I believe Dal will go alright.

The Sainter
Club Player

Dal was on Bateman? He was on his own all damn night and cut us to pieces as did Guerra who Gram never went close to. My point about Dal and Kosi is they don't often produce when we are under pressure unlike Max. Goddard, Fisher and Hayes plus of course Roo.
That is what makes a top class footballer, one who lifts when the side needs it and sadly Kosi and Dal do not. Would be interesting to see who the papers put in our best players in the games we were defeated in this year.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Obviously those wanting to trade Dal didn't watch the replay of the Hawthorn game at TD where Dal tore Hawthorn apart in the midfield.

If you trade Dal for Kerr, we still have the same number of midfielders and it does not improve the list.

If you get Kerr and keep Dal, then you have another elite midfielder and give the opposition more difficulty in covering them all.

Let's not forget we were missing one of our elite midfielders last night in Luke Ball, and not having him against Geelong and Hawthorn really hurt.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

fiora
mini
fish
both gardiners
ferg
rix

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:fiora
mini
fish
both gardiners
ferg
rix
Trades or delists because none of them are tradable.

realdeal
Club Player

The Saintsational Man wrote: Until we all learn that they are not going to be superstars for us, the better off we'll all be.

Its not about expecting them to be superstars its about playing upto their full capabilities.

Is Dal playing to the standard he set himself when he finished top 3 in the brownlow? Is Kosi playing to the standard he set himself all those years ago?

should we just throw our hands up in the air and say oh well, it just hasnt turned out the way we hoped?

the question is why hasn't it? work ethic, mentally soft?

Dal has certainly improved during the season and was great last week, i think he produces best when he has big bodied, hard players around him. powell, hamill, thompson, black, guerra, voss etc. we're definatly short on tough, mean players atm

Kosi is 26yo now. he's over half way thru his career. Id love to keep them both and continue to work with them because they are better then they showed last nite but they need to produce more

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

at the risk of hijacking this into yet another Kosi thread. He's not a gun. Why you cling onto the idea that he is baffles me.
There's no evidence to suggest he is. He's struggling to be a GOP at present.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
at the risk of hijacking this into yet another Kosi thread. He's not a gun. Why you cling onto the idea that he is baffles me.
Agree. Kosi has not shown anywhere near the potential we all know he has on a consistent enough basis to be considered a gun. He's a tradable commodity. Has to be the right offer though, maybe first round pick and a player...

The Saints are coming!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Agree. Kosi has not shown anywhere near the potential we all know he has on a consistent enough basis to be considered a gun. He's a tradable commodity. Has to be the right offer though, maybe first round pick and a player...
yes, would trade him if the offer was right.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:fiora
mini
fish
both gardiners
ferg
rix
Trades or delists because none of them are tradable.
plugger i dont give a toss....not good enough so do what u have to.

im not in the loop on the whole trade delist how many years left on contracts thingy....basically i hear F*** all over here.
those players (imo) need to go if we are to work towards next year, was what i was trying to say.
so i spose the answer to your question u have already answered?
if theyre untradable i guess that means that cant be traded ( :roll: :P :P )

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Players that need to be put up for trade (only if we get a better deal ofcourse)
Gram
King
X.Clarke
L.Fisher
Montagna
Schneider
R.Clarke
Fiora
Gilbert
Armitage
Ferguson
Birss
Koschitzke
Dal Santo
C.Gardiner
Gwilt
C.Jones
Eddy
Geary

Players who need to be delisted if a trade doesn't come up...

L.Fisher
Fiora
Ferguson
C.Gardiner

Retirees
Gehrig
Michael Gardiner
Robert Harvey

Untouchables
Ben McEvoy
Lenny Hayes
Max Hudghton
Nick Riewoldt
Luke Ball
Brendon Goddard
Sam Fisher
Jason Blake
Matt Maguire
Jack Steven
Stephen Milne

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
vacuous space
SS Life Member

I really don't think we'll be very active during trade week. There won't be much movement this year IMO. We're certainly not going to be dealing any of our best 22 players.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:I really don't think we'll be very active during trade week. There won't be much movement this year IMO. We're certainly not going to be dealing any of our best 22 players.
Why are we happy where we are? If you can get a deal in your favour everyone is tradable.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Montagna

Bono
Club Player

[quote="BigMart"]Just a week ago both played pivotal roles in a finals win......

Kosi had the ball come inside fifty 30 times....

Dal contended with Bateman who would have done a similar job on Kerr...

Trade them at your peril.....

Hall, Everitt, Lappin, Smith, Wakelin......do we never learn - do not trade good players......and do not accept damaged goods......unless it's for nothing[/quote]

How about we get some people at the club to get the best out of the talent we currently have. Hall, Everitt, Smith, Wakelin were always good payers for us but for some reason we found Hall and Everitt to hard to handle, didnt want to work through Joels knee reco and didnt think Wakelin was good enough. Wakelin and Hall probably would have got a game for us last night.

Regarding Dal, whoever thinks he's a star, can they remind me of the last time he starred in a match and really influenced the result and hurt the opposition. Last night he was soft and not 100% committed. Only 8 times from 24 matches he had more touches than his opponents. For an 'elite player', thats not good enough.