Banner vs Hawks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Young Georgie wrote:After all of this huffing and puffing I had to laugh when the Saints banner was raised - a little ordinary up against the gold leaf encrusted John 'Hollywood' Kennedy extravaganza wasn't it? :shock:
they spent a good 5 minutes on triple M before the game bagging out the St Kilda cheer squad and there effort with the banner, especially compared to the Hawks one. Even going as far to say that the hawks cheersquad had gotten the early mental advantage over ours for the game :D

i was pissing myself laughing listening in the car, because i've realised for a while we clearly have the worst cheer squad in the AFL

i would be grateful if anyone could post a pic of there 'effort', as i missed it on TV, and i need a good laugh after last night

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Ah well that's what happens when you exclude people's thoughts who aren't in the Cheer Squad

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Tis the year 2009
Let's back our team
Cos this year
Dooley's seventeeen!!!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

The banner was made from 5pm - 9.30pm.
The hawks spent a whole day on theirs. those photos you saw on their banner would of taken a sh1t load of effort to make. they are painted! I don’t know if they pay a professional to paint that, or if they have an artist in their cheer squad but i have to admit their banner looked fantastic.
If they did pay a pro to paint that it would of cost a sh1t load, considering the photos we put on the banners for milestones cost $300...they would be broke, they had 4 paintings.
no matter what saying was going to be put on the banner, it was always going to have that hot cross bun jumper in the back ground so your sayings wouldn’t of changed the style/size/colour of the banner.

Going off topic a bit, but at 3qtr time a saint’s fan came down to the cheer squad and started yelling at us. From the things he said I’m sure it would have to be someone from here, one of the cheer squad bashers. he left and yelled out "where the hell have you been all year cheer squad!? Get real!" ...where have we been?
well, to start off we went 10 hours on a bus to Aami Stadium for the nab cup, arrived at aami at about 9am on the day of the game, then another 10 hours home after the game.

then in round 6 we did the same thing except we spent a night in a hotel after the game (port adelaide).

In round 9 we headed off to Brisbane most of us for the night although i only went for the day.

Round 12 saw us back on the bus, although this time for 12 hours to Sydney.

Off we went for a bit of a holiday in round 14 to the gold coast to see us win our first interstate H&A game for the year.

Then the long journey over to Subiaco in round 17, to watch a pathetic game against the eagles.

And back we went again in round 20 to watch a more exciting game against Freo.

And all those times that we weren’t interstate we were at either the Dome or the MCG, and all the times we weren’t at the Dome or MCG we were at Moorabbin making the banner.

thats where we have been! i reckon the real question is 'where have YOU been mate?'

seriously, some people need to know when enough is enough and give it a rest!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."