Dal Santo trade him!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rama35
Club Player

Dal Santo trade him!!

So very disapointed with Nicks game last night,not only did he get beat by a guy that is no champion in Bateman but i think when it got tough he was not interested.
Granted that he was good last week when we beat the pies but we won and he did not really have a heavy tag,when we are trouble and up against it over the last year he has not stepped up and usually the man he is on does a lot of damage.
I know its a hard call but i dont think we can win a flag with him in the side and needs to be traded,if i was saint kilda i would be doing anything to get Kerr to the club.
Its time to make changes and i think its time to move him on.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

here we go :roll:
only took 14 hours after the game...quite surprising really

saintnat
Club Player

dal is hot so no way he should be traded

ScubaSam44
Club Player

I think we will leave that up to Ross lyon & the club.

Yes, dal did not play a very good game last night.

but in my opinion, i dont think Dal needs to be traded.
he is a very good player at times.
if he can show that form in every game, then he will play a very important role within the club.
dal is hot so no way he should be traded
HAHAHAHAHA, indeed saintnat :), but that doesnt make any excuse for him not to be traded.

he will improve next year.
we wont get kerr anyway.
Last edited by ScubaSam44 on Sun 21 Sep 2008 3:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theres no substitute for hardwork- Robert Harvey.
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

No.

He will improve next year. GUARANTEED!!

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

If it gets us Kerr then you would have to take it.

Some ordinary efforts again by Dal last night.

RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

I love the intelligent comments on here. If he is hot then he stays. Talking from a strictly hetrosexual standpoint the guy is far from "hot".

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

RodKeoghsLoveChild wrote:I love the intelligent comments on here. If he is hot then he stays. Talking from a strictly hetrosexual standpoint the guy is far from "hot".
well some of us may beg to differ on that one. :)

On the serious side, if you lot are saying trade Dal, why not trade Kosi as well. Hell his year has been crap if not worse than Dals.

If you ask me, there is too many knee jerk reactions on this site since last nights game.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
matrix
Saintsational Legend

since friggin every game dal santos girl....

timtam
Club Player

Nope, definitely don't trade him. At his best he is an elite AFL player. The secret is to figure out what the problem is so that we can get him back to his best form. I have mentioned somewhere else on this forum that Dal seems to be 'sulking' for some reason or the other. I know he had a virus for a week or so this year, but that doesn't excuse his attitude in all the other games he has played.

We can't use injury as an excuse as I don't believe he is any worse for wear than Nick for example, so that brings us back to his attitude. What in the hell has him so ticked off? Being dropped back to the seconds? To be perfectly honest, I don't care why he has the sulks, just want him to pick his bloody socks up and get his mind back on the game and to find his best form!

Don't argue with an idiot - people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

would be a big mistake to trade him. we need to keep the core of this list together and that includes dal santo and kosi.

while neither has had a stellar year both have been important contributors to a team that finished top 4.

now is not the time to look for scapegoats. instead, try to come up with something positive that will take us forward.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Depends what we could get for him. He gave us nothing this year and is showing no sign of improvement.

If we could get Kerr, O'Keefe or a top 5 pick in a deal with Dal the I'd have no problem with it.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

needs to learn more defensive skills from the likes of baker. Needs to be bigger stronger and faster to become elite.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Peoples, many have said before and i'll say it again.....

Dal Santo isn't going anywhere.

Time to look for other avenues that we'll achieve success from, other than trading a player, that we won't get good value, in return for.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Depends what we could get for him. He gave us nothing this year and is showing no sign of improvement.

If we could get Kerr, O'Keefe or a top 5 pick in a deal with Dal the I'd have no problem with it.
O'Keefe for Dal ???

Joke right :roll:

O'Keefe will turn 28 come next January, hardly a good trade for Dal IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

I agree... I said at 1/2 time during the prelim that Dal should be traded and I'll not change my opinion. He consistently fails to perform in big games. Yeah, I'll concede that he might get 30 odd possessions against the likes of Melbourne and Essendon but he goes missing against quality opposition. Likewise Kosi... trade them both while they have a little worth!

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

St Fidelius wrote:O'Keefe for Dal ???

Joke right :roll:
Yep, I reckon that's what Roosy's reaction would be too!

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

bateman is very under-rated in he league as both a runner and a tagger...he hurts you

dal didnt have a good game...noone can play amazing footy for 25 games a year

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:dal didnt have a good game...noone can play amazing footy for 25 games a year
Correct SP2008, but on the flip side, I just wanted him to play AMAZING footy in the game that counts.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:dal didnt have a good game...noone can play amazing footy for 25 games a year
Obviously not, but Dal had about 6 genuinely good games this year (mostly against crap teams). Many times he has done nothing with a hard tag on him and then when the game is over he racks up junk time stats.

He doesn't look happy and he isn't playing good footy. If we can get a good deal for him then I don't see why we shouldn't take it.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dal Santo trade him!!

rama35 wrote:So very disapointed with Nicks game last night,not only did he get beat by a guy that is no champion in Bateman but i think when it got tough he was not interested.
Granted that he was good last week when we beat the pies but we won and he did not really have a heavy tag,when we are trouble and up against it over the last year he has not stepped up and usually the man he is on does a lot of damage.
I know its a hard call but i dont think we can win a flag with him in the side and needs to be traded,if i was saint kilda i would be doing anything to get Kerr to the club.
Its time to make changes and i think its time to move him on.
looks like a troll....sounds like a troll...smells like a troll....lives under a bridge in perth.....f w.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bethb7
Club Player

When the going get's tough Dal goes missing thats the sad fact. I dunno what we should do? I love the guy but he has to do better than he has done this season

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
midas_touch
Club Player

This is a big knee jerk reaction. Last week, NDS was our second best player behind Roo and although he had a quiet game last night, he has had a decent season statistically, up there with his best seasons in 2005 and 2006. The facts are he isn't going to put in a 35 possession, two goal game each week as some people seem to expect, and that he's going to have a few games where he doesn't perform as well.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:bateman is very under-rated in he league as both a runner and a tagger...he hurts you

dal didnt have a good game...noone can play amazing footy for 25 games a year
I'd be happy with 20 per year :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Thought I would have a look at this and see if there's any correlation with Dal Santo in respect to other midfielders when they're team has lost this year (hence I havent put in Geelong players as it's hard to gauge anything from 1 game)

Just for measure I thought I would throw in Lenny's stats!

Sam Mitchell - 28.8 disposals, 3.2 tackles
Lenny Hayes - 26.6 disposals, 6 tackles
Adam Cooney - 25.6 disposals, 2.3 tackles
Brent Harvey - 24.6 disposals, 1.8 tackles
Simon Black - 24.1 disposals, 4.1 tackles
Dane Swan - 23.6 disposals, 3.3 tackles
Cameron Bruce - 23.5 disposals, 3.1 tackles
Daniel Kerr - 23.4 disposals, 2.3 tackles
Scott Thompson - 23.1 disposals, 5 tackles
Rhys Palmer - 22.9 disposals, 2.3 tackles
Brent Stanton - 22.7 disposals, 2.8 tackles
Shane Tuck - 22.7 disposals, 4 tackles