Dal Santo trade him!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

So the obvious trade is the last two on the list. OK then. Dal Santo for Judd.

Viking3
Club Player

It is fine to bracket Dal & Kosi together for poor years and trade bait but there is my major difference in my book. One will put his body on the line when needed, the other will not!! That is where Dal loses me. He is probably the best player at the club to watch when he has the ball but when he doesn't he becomes extremely lazy and others have to do the chasing, tackling and take the hits for him. If he had a little of Ball, Hayes or Harvey in him he would have won himself a Brownlow by now. I now that every player is different and that I have never played at that level but geez it's obvious when he avoids the hard ball.

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
abandonallhope
Club Player

You know something i might not post a lot but reading this negative s*** really pisses me off. Trade dal santo , go get stuffed you farking wanker. It just amazes me all the negative stuff that i read. Maybe you supporters who love to come up with stupid ideas should be traded to other teams , i hear joffa is looking for new friends. 2009 WILL BE THE YEAR OF THE SAINTS, you just have to have faith.

s*** happens, get over it
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Keep Dal. Trade Kosi. End of rant.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Have to agree Winmarvellous.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
suss
Club Player

Winmarvellous wrote:Keep Dal. Trade Kosi. End of rant.
Bernard Shakey wrote:Have to agree Winmarvellous.
I agree that it's the world's shortest rant. A four worded rant. Impressive.

I agree that they're all trade-able, it just depends on what we're offered. I think a first round pick and a player would tempt the club with Kosi.

Dal? I doubt it. He's a star that's copping the hardest tag week in week out. It would need to be a huge offer.

makemytime
Club Player

Neither kosi or dal are going to be traded, because they cost too much to other clubs. They still need a big pre-season tho, get stronger, fitter and put more pressure on the opposition!

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

If we can get a top 7 or 8 pick for Dal Santo, it would be a good deal. I'd say he's worth about pick 12-15.

Kosi is a required player.

However, I don't think you should trade marquee players. Dal Santo is one of those and his worth to the footy club is more than his on field contribution.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I think Dal Santo is blessed with natural abililty, doesn't have to push himself that hard to be very good, however needs to push himself to be great

bergsone
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:bateman is very under-rated in he league as both a runner and a tagger...he hurts you

dal didnt have a good game...noone can play amazing footy for 25 games a year
Excately right on Bateman,very underrated,just the sort of mid we need,to complement a NDS

starsign
Club Player

Peoples, many have said before and i'll say it again.....

Dal Santo isn't going anywhere.

Unfortunately neither is his football going anywhere at present!

He's too valuable to trade, unless its one of the first few draft picks

But he definitely needs a check up from the neck up during the off season as something is obvoiusly amiss

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

seriously stupid people.....

The trade would be very risky.....and it could hurt more than anything...

Trade him to a rival club for a DP....the kid does not live up to expectation (Armo - at same stage Dal had played 31 games) and he goes to essendon and dominates and they go past us>>>>that would be very silly....

Trade him for Kerr......what is the benefit.....is Kerr any better???? Ling held Kerr to 12 possesions this season, he can be tagged, and has struggled as a frontline mid......how have his stats been since Judd and Cuz hav moved on????
How would Dal go with Judd and Cousins in their prime in the same midfield??????
Kerr is a moron of a bloke, can seriously play, has discipline issues...
He would be great....at what cost?????

Stats are just that - stats....and can be interpereted a couple of ways....his numbers in our losses can also mean that....
he is that important, if you control him we lose.....Lenny on the other hand can play well, but it does not necissarily mean we win.....
Look at his ranking points.....even with 20 touches, he outperforms players with 25+......why????

Defensive side/Toughness......he ranks top 4 in tackles/Hardball gets at the club....

does not stand up in big game?????
Hawthorn in R16 springs to mind (he turned the game).......Collingwood in the Semi (was that not a big game)....just off the top of my head....
Question.....why doe Dal get the #1 tag......and not Joey, Hayes, Harves, Ball....

When looking at a player - do you look at only ONE season to gather their worth to the team?????........what if they had an off year, or were carrying some injury????.....if we took a top 20 DP for Dal in 2007 would you be happy........What about 2005 when he was an AA and finished three in the Brownlow....would we have taken a top 20 then......point is, he can seriously play......you trade good players at your peril....

Last point
The reason a group stays loyal is this.....they become good mates and grow to love the organisation that are at.....if a mate is dumped by the organisation.....the players realise they are dispensible and start thinking of themselves, not the group......trust is gone if loyaly is not shown.....both ways....

actually one more point......his numbers are far from poor.....

is he a scapegoat????

Do we bag him because of unrealistic expectations.......and admire Lenny/Ball who have similar numbers......because they appear to tougher????......I have a theory..

stinger
Saintsational Legend

the thread starter is a known troll...just ignore the prick....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:Question.....why doe Dal get the #1 tag......and not Joey, Hayes, Harves, Ball....
Maybe opposition coaches have formed the opinion he is not mentally strong enough to cope with a heavy tag.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Is that why we chose Sam Mitchell and Luke Hodge against Hawthorn or in the past have chosen Judd at the eagles, given the plethora we could have tagged....or is it that they influence the games the most???

Red
Club Player

It's the depth of the midfield that is the problem not NDs.

Bateman and Ling played great games against him in the finals and it

showed that we have no one else to step up when he isn't playing at his best

or being tagged. I didn't see one player try to put a block on Bateman in

the game. If they did it may have freed NDS up and he could have being

more effective.

rama35
Club Player

Re: Dal Santo trade him!!

stinger wrote:
rama35 wrote:So very disapointed with Nicks game last night,not only did he get beat by a guy that is no champion in Bateman but i think when it got tough he was not interested.
Granted that he was good last week when we beat the pies but we won and he did not really have a heavy tag,when we are trouble and up against it over the last year he has not stepped up and usually the man he is on does a lot of damage.
I know its a hard call but i dont think we can win a flag with him in the side and needs to be traded,if i was saint kilda i would be doing anything to get Kerr to the club.
Its time to make changes and i think its time to move him on.
looks like a troll....sounds like a troll...smells like a troll....lives under a bridge in perth.....f w.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Gee thanks for the sledge,ant i aloud to have an opinion,not sure your on the rite site if all you want to do is abuse people,so ok Genius what does Saint Kilda do to improve,dont you think a Kerr would improve our list,saying our list might not be true are you even a Saints supporter,

timtam
Club Player

NDS does not need to be traded, he just needs a clip around the ears or a swift kick to the 'you-know-where' to get him back on track. You don't trade a player the quality of NDS without something substantial in return.

NDS has got the sh*ts over something and until he gets over it or it is addressed, he will continue to play poorly. My remedy would be for Ross to grab him by the shirt, throw him up against the lockers and give it to him straight. He needs to be told to pull his head in, pick up and his socks and start playing for the bl**dy team!!!

Don't argue with an idiot - people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dal Santo trade him!!

rama35 wrote:
stinger wrote:
looks like a troll....sounds like a troll...smells like a troll....lives under a bridge in perth.....f w.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Gee thanks for the sledge,ant i aloud to have an opinion,not sure your on the rite site if all you want to do is abuse people,so ok Genius what does Saint Kilda do to improve,dont you think a Kerr would improve our list,saying our list might not be true are you even a Saints supporter,

Just ignore him mate. Incapable of having a debate without slagging off or abusing. Plenty on here heartily sick and tired of his abuse. Has already had a little holiday for abuse and it wont be too long before he earns another one.