Dal & Kosi wanted at club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mooksy
Club Player

Dal just didn't look healthy to me in the second part of year.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Mooksy wrote:Dal just didn't look healthy to me in the second part of year.
he wasnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:f*** im sick of all this Trade kosi and dal talk
they are not leaving,
oh ok. lets just stay the same then. keep hacks - pay em heaps and slowly head to the wooden spoon!

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote: as for kosi. why do people keep making excuses??? this has been going on WAY too long.
i/quote]

Amen to that Con. Have been saying for yonks that evaluation of Kosi needs to be based on what he's actually delivered and not what he might deliver.

The list of excuses for him is as long as his arm. Surprised to see the old "playing injured" chestnut being thrown up again. He's had two nearly full seasons and is still as inconsistent as buggery. If he's injured why the hell is he playing? Give someone who's fully fit a crack. If he's not injured then his performances over the last two seasons are not up to par. Not looking at individual games but his overall contribution.
He's not untouchable IMO and if a good deal could be struck involving him, it should be seriously considered.
Doubt very much that he'll be traded though. Will be in a Saints jumper next year.
Hate to say it but I agree. You can't keep talking about a players' "potential" when he's 25 and been at the club for 8 years. Unfortunately I think the other clubs have also seen Kosi's performances and would not be prepared to offer A grade players or top ten draft picks.
Having said that, players who are 6' 5 and have some ability don't grow on trees. I'd be tempted to give him an extension now and renegotiate his contract so that he gets paid what he's really worth rather than what he's potentially worth. If he's not happy with that and another club offers him bigger dollars they can have him.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

they are not leaving,
Ralphy really like to hear your opinion on who stays and goes next year as you seem to have a good grip on things.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
they are not leaving,
Ralphy really like to hear your opinion on who stays and goes next year as you seem to have a good grip on things.
not sure, but wont be either of them 2

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
they are not leaving,
not sure, but wont be either of them 2
Some have to go Ralphy. Heard any news.

saintly_safes
Club Player

To all those who want to trade Dal & Kosi.What are you expecting to get for them? A first round draft pick that may not make it (there's been plenty that havent)?A recycled player that has no attachment to the club looking for a new home?Fair enough they have had average seasons but imo both have been serviceable over the whole season with injuries affecting both of them.Players of their quality are hard to find , Kosi is 6/4 can play forward or back & help out in the ruck & has proven he can do it & Dal is our most gifted player.I really find it difficult to see what advantages we would get by trading either of them.They are good players & they are our players, lets show a bit more faith in them , hell it wasnt their fault we didnt make it to GF, the team just wasnt good enough.They helped us get as far as we did which imo was flattering based on the team we had.I'm really proud of all of them Kosi & Dal included & only hope that common sense prevails & they are both wearing the RW&B next year

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:Some have to go Ralphy. Heard any news.
Plugger, has not the club publically stated that they are required players? If so, wouldn't you think they most probably would not be those to go?

I'd make room with Gwilt, Ferg, & Mini and Jones. Added to Gehrig and Harves, there's 6 spots. But I'm not making the call, and I doubt I've matched RL's decisions.

EDIT: And Leigh Fisher. That's 7. Maybe Jones or Mini survive.