RUMOUR RE KERR/NDS SWAP

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

not a chance

it's just illogical. u won't fix a lack of depth if the midfield by trading one for another unless u trade up to ridiculous proportions which this is not

otherwise u risk breaking the fabric of the team

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:not a chance

it's just illogical. u won't fix a lack of depth if the midfield by trading one for another unless u trade up to ridiculous proportions which this is not

otherwise u risk breaking the fabric of the team
agreed

IMO Dal needs to improve on his stamina in an effort to shake off the tagger

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

lol
funniest thing i have heard
swap a mid for a mid....good idea
when kerr just bought a house in wa

some people :roll:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:the club has assured both dal and kosi that they are required players.

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=47598
thats bad news. why assure them before trade season? what if someone offers us something? just foxing. they are both massive TRADE BAIT in my view. and KERR is a MUCH better than player than dal or kosi

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

wont happen.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

I love this time of year. Just because someone makes up garbage and someone else is dumb enough to repeat it means it must be true.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:The way Dal payed on the weekend suggests to me he WANTS to go somewhere else. I don't claim to know the in's and out's with him, or anything else...but he's lost the spark this season. Why?? I have no idea. I can only comment from what I'm seeing on the field from him.

Personally I'd like him to stay, but clearly there is something not right.
The week before v Collingwood he was close to BOG (behind Riewoldt). I think his biggest problem is when gets a hard tag. Lets hope he works his way through it (with some help) over summer.

I've said it before and I'll say it again;

I would be very suprised if we trade either Dal or Kosi !!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:I love this time of year. Just because someone makes up garbage and someone else is dumb enough to repeat it means it must be true.
exactly

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
St. Luke wrote:The way Dal payed on the weekend suggests to me he WANTS to go somewhere else. I don't claim to know the in's and out's with him, or anything else...but he's lost the spark this season. Why?? I have no idea. I can only comment from what I'm seeing on the field from him.

Personally I'd like him to stay, but clearly there is something not right.
The week before v Collingwood he was close to BOG (behind Riewoldt). I think his biggest problem is when gets a hard tag. Lets hope he works his way through it (with some help) over summer.

I've said it before and I'll say it again;

I would be very suprised if we trade either Dal or Kosi !!
Yeah true. I suppose I see a bad game from him and can't remember when it was he played a good one. There's something obviously up. Next season he may well set the place alight with his onfield performances. He's certainly the calibre of player who deserves the benefit of the doubt.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

St. Luke wrote:The way Dal payed on the weekend suggests to me he WANTS to go somewhere else.
How about the way he played the week before? :roll: What does that suggest to you?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Kerr had a great year.......Tagged out, suspensions, ill discipline, poor form, and more injury....infact since mid 2007 he has been average...

he should go to Carlton and hope Cousins does too....so he can ride off some coat-tails again....oh, I forgot Cox aswell...No wonder he did it easy.......how well would Dal have gone in WCE midfield in 2005/06, with Cox, Judd, Cousins.....he may have been AA and almost won a brownlow.....hang on, he did...

spert
Saintsational Legend

NDS= skill+no engine. Kerr=skill+engine. I would prefer to rebuild our midfield around players who can run their guts out and penetrate with kicking, rather than proppy receivers who fade in and out. I was really disappointed with our midfield last Saturday -I thought they would bust their guts for Harvs and a crack at a premiership, but they rolled over like puppies when it got tough.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Kerr had a great year.......Tagged out, suspensions, ill discipline, poor form, and more injury....infact since mid 2007 he has been average...

he should go to Carlton and hope Cousins does too....so he can ride off some coat-tails again....oh, I forgot Cox aswell...No wonder he did it easy.......how well would Dal have gone in WCE midfield in 2005/06, with Cox, Judd, Cousins.....he may have been AA and almost won a brownlow.....hang on, he did...
Well put. You have a point.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Kerr had a great year.......Tagged out, suspensions, ill discipline, poor form, and more injury....infact since mid 2007 he has been average...

Spot on...

I mentioned this about 2 months back, he cant handle a tag and that he has been found wanting since cousins and judd are gone, and some posters on here reckoned that I must be joking...

Some here really don't have a clue IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
bozza1980
Club Player

I'd prefer to see Dal Santo running around in the red white and black next year.

That said if this rumour became reality it is a pretty good win for the club.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

are we even going for lovvett like some of the people have said?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully not - Lovett and Roo are great mates yeah....

rexy
SS Life Member

spert wrote:NDS= skill+no engine. Kerr=skill+engine. I would prefer to rebuild our midfield around players who can run their guts out and penetrate with kicking, rather than proppy receivers who fade in and out. I was really disappointed with our midfield last Saturday -I thought they would bust their guts for Harvs and a crack at a premiership, but they rolled over like puppies when it got tough.
Are you serious, the clearance work of this guy is second to few. The way he stands up in a tackle and farms the ball out is amazing and he can run and kick a goal too. Would be a great addition to our midfield and with Dals current work rate would be more valuable IMO.

What I cant beleive is that some media outlets had Dal in the best against the pies in the semi (and if anyone posts stats I will scream). Dals work rate without the ball and his un willingness (word?) to tackle is a disgrace at the moment IMO.

Maybe this year?
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:
spert wrote:NDS= skill+no engine. Kerr=skill+engine. I would prefer to rebuild our midfield around players who can run their guts out and penetrate with kicking, rather than proppy receivers who fade in and out. I was really disappointed with our midfield last Saturday -I thought they would bust their guts for Harvs and a crack at a premiership, but they rolled over like puppies when it got tough.
Are you serious, the clearance work of this guy is second to few. The way he stands up in a tackle and farms the ball out is amazing and he can run and kick a goal too. Would be a great addition to our midfield and with Dals current work rate would be more valuable IMO.

What I cant beleive is that some media outlets had Dal in the best against the pies in the semi (and if anyone posts stats I will scream). Dals work rate without the ball and his un willingness (word?) to tackle is a disgrace at the moment IMO.

I guess you'd call me a Dal critic over the years,but I thought the Collingwood game he was great,best game of the year easily for him in my books

Bring back the Lockett era
rexy
SS Life Member

The Dal I watched coasted up and down the wing getting easy kicks and not picking up a man when they had the ball, when he was forced to get a man he coralled rather than tackled. Maybe I am blinded by my frustrations which are caused by the talent and potential I beleive the man has. Hate to see great players being lazy and uncomitted.

Maybe this year?
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

I reckon at the minute if Nick Dal Santo was an office worker, he'd be the kind of employee that would have the internet on all day, the phone on busy, take 3-4 smoke breaks a day and would only get into work mode when the boss walked past!

rexy
SS Life Member

TimeToShineFellas wrote:I reckon at the minute if Nick Dal Santo was an office worker, he'd be the kind of employee that would have the internet on all day, the phone on busy, take 3-4 smoke breaks a day and would only get into work mode when the boss walked past!
Maybe I'm frustrated because he reminds me of me. :lol:

Maybe this year?
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

NDS is blessed with natural ability, doesn't have to do much to be very good and I think herein lies his problem. I think he will be at the saints next year, and I think RL has proved he has the remedy of getting his you know what into gear....

groupie1
Club Player

rumor is true

the rumor is true, folks.

My friend's mom has a house in Moorabbin, so that's near STK, and her friend runs a barber shop about 15 km south west of Subiaco - also, his son delivers newspapers in the morning to Brett Heady's aunt (Jocelyn Heady). It's on - they all agree - Kerr and NDS swap

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga