Roo's kicking for goal

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Roo's kicking for goal

Has Nick Riewoldt finally solved his kicking for goal yips by simply removing his glove when he kicks for goal? Apparently he removed it before the collingwood final and kicked 5 goals straight and then kick 3 goals straight against the hawks last week aswell. Could it be that simple? I have always said this guy marks everything and if he sorts his kicking for goal out he will win us a premiership!

Let's hope he has found the solution! Go saints

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I brought this up the other day, because I thought the same thing when Goddard raised it on FC. I was told that he only started wearing the glove when he injured the webbing on his hand a couple of weeks ago...

Strange though, he hasn't missed since huh 8-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

He only wore a glove for 5 weeks so i dont think that is the problem.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

What ever he did lets hope he brings it into 2009, could turn him into the best player in the comp

Before Im 85
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Was listening to the prelim preview on the ABC and Alves commented that Roo's kicking is a confidence issue.
He said that when his confidence is shaky he distance from the ball leaving his hand to hitting his foot is greater. Reckons that he sometimes drops the ball at an angle that causes him to shank it.
Would have thought it was something Roo could iron out with suitable assistance.