Jason Blake

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Jason Blake

I thought Jason Blake had an absolutely fantastic year, his form was first class, his decision making was top shelf and without a doubt he is most definitely in our best 22.

Well done Blake, one of our most reliable contributors all season, even in some of our losses when many players went missing , I thought he was amongst our better players.

Seems to have extra poise and confidence with the ball, or is it just me imagining so?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Agree i have been happy with hes year hes not a player who racks up alot of possies but he uses the ball pretty well

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

He had a great season, and played some important roles down back this year.

Not quick, but he can run all day.

I don't think there were many games this year that he rested on the bench

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Legendary
Club Player

Will be top 12-14 in the B&F IMO ...

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

We should trade him.

We seem to be trading everyone else, according to this recent posts... :D :shock:

S.A Saint
Club Player

though he had a very good year and should finish top 10 in bf. the game against the hawks saw him be like his old self when he was lost playing across the half forward line. should be in the backline permanently being given a task to take the chf.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Can you believe some nuffy saints supporter on the herald sun site, is calling for Blake to be delisted :shock:

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

GOP
Gives an honest contest
good engine
not afraid to put his body on the line
not the most skilled on our list
a long way from the worst
keep for 2009

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jason Blake

barks4eva wrote:I thought Jason Blake had an absolutely fantastic year,

Seems to have extra poise and confidence with the ball, or is it just me imagining so?
Could be a bit of both, but we shouldn't cast aspersions :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink: !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Top 7 in the B&F says it all. Great year.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Can you believe some nuffy saints supporter on the herald sun site, is calling for Blake to be delisted :shock:
The words "nuffy" and "Herald-Sun" just sit together so well :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

:lol:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

best GOP on the list.

absolute team player.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Rickabee
Club Player
Location: Sydney, but grew up in Melbourne - 1st Saints match = Rnd 4 1966

He was valuable to the team this year. I was VERY pleased to see him kick those three set shot goals against the Hawks in the H&A game (Rnd 16?).

Blake set shots used to always leave me afraid to watch. Please keep up the good work and goal kicking practice in 2009.

He has always shown courage and endeavour. He just needed to some finishing skills.

I'd just like to see a few others improve their set shots so we win more games (Eddy & Allen would be a good start).

karnaby
Club Player

S.A Saint wrote:though he had a very good year and should finish top 10 in bf. the game against the hawks saw him be like his old self when he was lost playing across the half forward line. should be in the backline permanently being given a task to take the chf.
Re PF - It is my belief that Blake was matched up on Hodge to try to force him to be accountable. A couple of times Blake did get free but our players did not honour his leads, this meant that Hodge wasn't punished for zoning off so he continued to do so - to our detriment.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

agree was his harshest critic but had a good year!! Well done Blakey he really pulled through for us when goose went down

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote:I thought Jason Blake had an absolutely fantastic year, his form was first class, his decision making was top shelf and without a doubt he is most definitely in our best 22.

Well done Blake, one of our most reliable contributors all season, even in some of our losses when many players went missing , I thought he was amongst our better players.

Good post barks, nice to see the boy getting some praise from the Albino one for a change!

I am tipping when he went into the ruck his hitouts to advantage would have been compatible with most :wink:

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

An excellent year, his best yet.
Well done Blakey, an integral member of the back 6.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
hotdish
Club Player

Hey BARKS, what did you think of him in the ruck this year?

LennyBoy
Club Player

Blake had a serviceable year and continually did difficult jobs asked of him week in, week out. Well Done!

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If ALL of our players in 2008 played to the level of their ability such as Blake did this year......we may well have been playing this weekend.

Lets hope that a number can step up in 2009 to play nearer their potential...and to do it consistently such as Blake did this year.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:I thought Jason Blake had an absolutely fantastic year, his form was first class, his decision making was top shelf and without a doubt he is most definitely in our best 22.

The thing I don't understand about when this comment is made is yeah that's ok if were Geelong or happy with our top 22 as it is.

If we want to lift to a higher level we need to find some higher quality players. So if we gain 5 players to do this is he still in our top 22?

Cro
Club Player

Winmar7Fan wrote:

If we want to lift to a higher level we need to find some higher quality players. So if we gain 5 players to do this is he still in our top 22?
Depends what position they play. He's handy down back and will always be useful as a chang up sort of ruckman.

HarveysDeciple

He's up to 135 games now.

Should play 200 for the club which is a wonderful effort from a bloke who has worked his backside off.

hotdish
Club Player

HarveysDeciple wrote:He's up to 135 games now.

Should play 200 for the club which is a wonderful effort from a bloke who has worked his backside off.
Is a great servant to the club, but I would be dissapointed if he did play 200 games. That would mean we wouldn't have won a premiership in the next 5 years. I know others will disagree...