Well done Hawks.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

ralphysaints35 wrote:wow franklin is really up himself
Whats your point?

Premiership medallion + Kasia Z.

Life's good for the boy!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:I actually tipped the Hawks based on their ruthless deconstruction of us last week, and I rarely tip a winner (yep, last year I was on Port...Sweet Jesus what was I on?...)

Lessons?

Absolute sacrifice in ruthless pursuit of the ball will win you games. They were absolutely manically obsessive in the way they went about it hunting the pill, and I admire them for it. Get 22 Sainters on the park that do the same and we'll taste success too.

Anyway, good on 'em, the Hawkers. Thought they were pretty classy in victory, too. Harley, too, was humble in defeat (a long way from Hird's pitiful effort when done by Lions all those years ago - still rankles).

Felt a bit for Ablett. He's an absolute gun and he fought a lone midfield hand today. Should have won a Brownlow, and now this little bit of Geelong chokery to end a pretty shitty week for the young fella...

As for Milburn and and Scarlett. Bite me!
Too true. RL hit the nail on the head when he stated that we need to weed out players who aren't mentally tough.

Hawks do not have more talent that the Cats. But they have been mentally strong in their approach to the man and the ball.

I actually enjoyed both teams doing this today.

And if we want to win a flag, we gotta toughen up.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

WayneJudson42 wrote:Too true. RL hit the nail on the head when he stated that we need to weed out players who aren't mentally tough.
Hawks do not have more talent that the Cats. But they have been mentally strong in their approach to the man and the ball.

By gee there won't be a lot of blokes left!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:Too true. RL hit the nail on the head when he stated that we need to weed out players who aren't mentally tough.

By gee there won't be a lot of blokes left!
Well, if it takes us 5 years to get it right... I'll wait. Let's see who gets delisted.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.