Seaby quits West Coast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sam23
SS Life Member

Seaby quits West Coast

:( I bet we get him.

Stay the f*** away Seaby.

source: Just announced by 6PR

Goddard.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Interesting addition to trade week. Did he walk or was he pushed?

Batnoe

we would have been a shoe in last year... he hasnt had the best year this year and may not offer much... Melbourne will go for him aswell i would imagine

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: Seaby quits West Coast

Sam23 wrote::( I bet we get him.

Stay the f*** away Seaby.

source: Just announced by 6PR
tend to agree mate..

Can't mark

Can't kick

Can't tackle

F*** off ....not needed

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I was just thinking about this today.
If Melbourne take Watts, then West Coast could well take Naitanui, which would have left Seaby out in the dark. I don't think we'll get him unless we get rid of Gardiner. Then maybe, not that I think we should.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I would like him at the saints, he is a better back up ruckman than Rix or Kosi... and now we can get him for dirt cheap, sign me up...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Overpriced DUD of the highest order....

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Overpriced DUD of the highest order....
amen to that ! im sooo glad we didnt open the cheque book for him last time round hes tall thats about it yes hes slightly better then Rix but do we really want a guy on 200k making up numbers in the ressys ??

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Batnoe

if he costs no more than a 4th rounder i would be interested... anymore than that what a waste

maybe pre season draft if no one else available but i am sure there will be a runner in pre season!

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Seaby quits West Coast

St Fidelius wrote:Can't mark

Can't kick

Can't tackle
Would fit in perfectly at the Saints.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Solid number one ruck prospect for 6 years. He's got talent and has performed well whenever he's been the number one ruckman.

Would be a very good addition (if fairly cheap) and would add a lot of stability to our ruck stocks. It would also mean we could focus solely on getting quality midfielders in the draft.

Ideally we'd get him for pick 47. He wouldn't last to us in the PSD.

Batnoe

His best year was 2007....

he looked like he could go forward and kick a goal and average 0.9 over the course of the year but this year he only had 0.4

In 07 he averaged 10.5 possessions
12.6 hitouts
2.1 tackles

thats his best year- would only be worth having if he can increase from that and drift forward for a goal (something King hasnt been doing)

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

i think he would be a handy inclusion in the forward line.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

For those that use finalsiren for their stats, his best year netted him all of 57.4 points average in 07.

Very ordinary stats throughout his career so far.

His best game this year as a back-up ruckman was 18ho, 15 disp. Cox had 31ho, 22 disp. and admittedly it was against a Premiership ruckman in Renouf, who had 15ho, 10 disp. The other ruck that day was Taylor who had 13ho, 11 disp.

Not worth anything to us unless as yet another "back-up" quality ruckman who can drift forward.

For him to be wearing RWB next year, surely it would have to be for a redundant dp.

Upside is he is only 24, has played 97 games and maybe knows he's at the crossroads.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

general rule with westcoast they dont discard anything unless its got serious flaws seriously how many westcoast rejects have moved onto better things ?? (dont count gehrig cause he wanted out and if he wanted to stay an eagle they would of kept him)

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:I was just thinking about this today.
If Melbourne take Watts, then West Coast could well take Naitanui, which would have left Seaby out in the dark. I don't think we'll get him unless we get rid of Gardiner. Then maybe, not that I think we should.
u guys are nuts. i want seaby. ive been satyng this for ages.
forget ruck stars. we want a reliable serviceable ruck.
king = too old
gardi - finished
kosi = too short
mcevoy = too young

seaby is perfect. reliable. mediocre. thats all we want in a ruckman. and we can keep our high pics for a champ midfielder.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:general rule with westcoast they dont discard anything unless its got serious flaws seriously how many westcoast rejects have moved onto better things ?? (dont count gehrig cause he wanted out and if he wanted to stay an eagle they would of kept him)
Apparently Seaby has asked to be traded.

If we can get him for our 5th rounder, we'd be set. With Gardiner, Rix, and Van Rheenan all looking on the outer, Seaby would be good for depth. Hopefully McEvoy could push him pretty hard for the number 2 ruck spot.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:general rule with westcoast they dont discard anything unless its got serious flaws seriously how many westcoast rejects have moved onto better things ?? (dont count gehrig cause he wanted out and if he wanted to stay an eagle they would of kept him)
Apparently Seaby has asked to be traded.

If we can get him for our 5th rounder, we'd be set. With Gardiner, Rix, and Van Rheenan all looking on the outer, Seaby would be good for depth. Hopefully McEvoy could push him pretty hard for the number 2 ruck spot.
5th rounder?. west coast would want at least a 2nd rounder for him!

Saintgaz
Club Player

You need to look at his game time, he often get's less than 50% and struggles to get into the game when on.
When Cox was injured in 07 he played some great games.
He's a mate, so I'm biased, but he's a quality person with great character and could give a lot to a club.

One day it's all got to be worth it.
Right????
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Saintgaz wrote:You need to look at his game time, he often get's less than 50% and struggles to get into the game when on.
When Cox was injured in 07 he played some great games.
He's a mate, so I'm biased, but he's a quality person with great character and could give a lot to a club.
If he's a mate then get in his ear about nominating us as his prefered club :wink:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
hotdish
Club Player

FYI

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 32,00.html

Character wise he is seen to be a great bloke, is a devout christian and wouldn't cause problems at the club.

St Kilda will offer West Coast a second round pick I rekon. He is durable injury wise, and people have got to remember that looking at his stats at WC doesn't say much - he only gets 40-55% game time behind Cox a game...

He is 24...

We should definately look at him and turf Rix and M Gardiner out.

This would give us King, Seaby and McEvoy as our 3 main rucks. I can handle that, leaving Kossi up forward, and Blake in the backline.

King and Seaby would be a gun combination!

Saint Mik
Club Player

hotdish wrote:FYI

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 32,00.html

Character wise he is seen to be a great bloke, is a devout christian and wouldn't cause problems at the club.

St Kilda will offer West Coast a second round pick I rekon. He is durable injury wise, and people have got to remember that looking at his stats at WC doesn't say much - he only gets 40-55% game time behind Cox a game...

He is 24...

We should definately look at him and turf Rix and M Gardiner out.

This would give us King, Seaby and McEvoy as our 3 main rucks. I can handle that, leaving Kossi up forward, and Blake in the backline.

King and Seaby would be a gun combination!
What number is our second round pick?

Warnock is at pick 24 from the blues so where does this put Seaby in the mix?

Would we get him with a 3rd round pick maybey?

I would have him at the Saints, he is what we need and would not cost alot in draft selections, much better option than using 1st round on a Kid
Last edited by Saint Mik on Fri 03 Oct 2008 10:12am, edited 1 time in total.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Saintgaz
Club Player

If he's a mate then get in his ear about nominating us as his prefered club :wink:[/quote]

I have been ever since I met him when he first got drafted. I'll be texting him today to find out what's going on.

One day it's all got to be worth it.
Right????
ThePunter
Club Player

The club has stated that our first two draft picks will not be traded. I think he'll end up at Richmond.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

I wouldn't mind getting Seaby at all - then they could concentrate on getting mids...... those expecting to get him for 4th or 5th round picks may be way off the mark though :shock:

Hold your ground :shock: