Official Trade Week Thread...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Official Trade Week Thread...

Thought I would get in early, and make a post where people can chuck all rumours and confirmed trades in the same place for convenience!

The Saints are coming!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

How about just confirmed

saint4life
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

In the realfooty article "What each club needs" (www.realfooty.com.au), it is written that Tim Notting may be available for a 3rd round pick. What are people's thoughts on him? I love the way he plays personally, and believe his penetrating kicking, ability to kick a goal and pace could be a very valuable asset coming off a wing...

The Saints are coming!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

im seriously losing track of trade threads. :?

HarveysDeciple

True Blue Sainter wrote:In the realfooty article "What each club needs" (www.realfooty.com.au), it is written that Tim Notting may be available for a 3rd round pick. What are people's thoughts on him? I love the way he plays personally, and believe his penetrating kicking, ability to kick a goal and pace could be a very valuable asset coming off a wing...
hia name hasbeen touted a few times in recent years. I would love to snap him up.
Could give us a bit running off a wing, another gram type player.

Fresh Prince

No chance on Notting people he is 30 and struggles to get a game for the Lions.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

I thought this tread was for offical news. Seems to me that the Notting info is still rumour...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I very much doubt that there will be any trades done today. My guess is that there might be 1 or 2 minor trades done by late tomorrow (Tuesday). It normally goes quiet until late Thursday. Then the rumours start coming thick & fast. Friday is normally the most hectic, with the last two hours being the busiest, and I don't see this year being any different.

The real stories are the trades that don't get done because of fax malfunction or communication breakdown or ???????????????.............Hold On............Greg Miller is no longer involved !!

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda perhaps looking at a Hawthorn player? Saw Ross and John Barker in Glenferrie and then ten minutes later saw what looked to be Archie Fraser in the same area.

Or probably just a good coffee location 8-)

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:St Kilda perhaps looking at a Hawthorn player? Saw Ross and John Barker in Glenferrie and then ten minutes later saw what looked to be Archie Fraser in the same area.

Hawthorn's offices are at Waverley Park ????????????? !!

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

JB getting a golden handshake in Glenferrie?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

SaintBot wrote:St Kilda perhaps looking at a Hawthorn player? Saw Ross and John Barker in Glenferrie and then ten minutes later saw what looked to be Archie Fraser in the same area.

Hopefully we are swapping Barker for Hardwick :wink:

Before Im 85
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps getting advice from a prominent and prolific forumite, if rumours in ancient threads are true?

yipper
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:

Hawthorn's offices are at Waverley Park ????????????? !!

Exactly - why would you be meeting Hawthorn ppl at Glenferrie - their entire operations come out of Waverley now. The coffee shops in Glenferrie Rd are pretty good tho.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:

Perhaps getting advice from a prominent and prolific forumite, if rumours in ancient threads are true?
andrew....

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
GrumpyOne

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
cowboy18 wrote:

andrew....
Haven't seen B4 post for a while.... did we delist him, or retain him for trade bait?

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

It's ok guys.

They were just doing some of the legwork in scouting Glenferrie Oval for the next Forum match.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
cowboy18 wrote:

andrew....
Haven't seen B4 post for a while.... did we delist him, or retain him for trade bait?
might have been delisted by the afl awaiting a medical clearance to resume his afl career

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
GrumpyOne

GrumpyOne wrote:
cowboy18 wrote:

andrew....
might have been delisted by the afl awaiting a medical clearance to resume his afl career
Has anybody checked the coach's boxes at the G?

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Apparently Paul Wheatley has been traded to Sydney for a second round pick...

Wheatly is a pretty good player, but Sydney are crazy, Wheatly will not be around for Sydney's next tilt at the flag...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Melborne should have kept him..solid player in a piss poor side.

they must be going all out with youth.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:Melborne should have kept him..solid player in a piss poor side.

they must be going all out with youth.
I would think so, they need to stock up with some serious guns this year because they're not going to get too many draft picks next year...

Green is definitely on the market, wouldn't be surprised to see him go to a team like Adelaide just for a pick upgrade...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:Apparently Paul Wheatley has been traded to Sydney for a second round pick...

Wheatly is a pretty good player, but Sydney are crazy, Wheatly will not be around for Sydney's next tilt at the flag...
Maybe... but they do not believe in rebuilding or bottoming out.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

apparently Seaby to Richmond for polo