STOP LIVING IN THE BLOODY HOPE OF 04 FFS!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintjake
Club Player

STOP LIVING IN THE BLOODY HOPE OF 04 FFS!!!!

im either gonna get shot down for this post,
or people are gonna agree,
but ill give it a shot.

i think alot of us on here, are still living on that '04 team that we had,
it may sound silly,
but when it comes to trading, some of those, "young key players"
as they were seen back then,
everyone says no, maybe because of the future that looked so promising because of these players 4 years ago.
players like, Kosi Dal and X.
now i agree we shouldnt trade dal, he only had one bad year, and copped some flak.

but kosi and X have been injured to much, to end up having the careers they should of.
i would trade both of them
we cant keep saying "we will regret it if we trade them"
well we are regretting keeping them on the list.
ESSPICALLY X
when was the last time he has put 10 games in a row?

now im not saying these blokes are bad player.
jsut very VERY unlucky.
and maybe its time we stop living from '04
and live from '09 instead? :twisted:
Last edited by saintjake on Thu 09 Oct 2008 9:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

win

hi there....just joined....have been browsing this site 4 years and thought it was time to be heard so signed up. this is 1 of the better comments i have read of late. i agree that we all still cherish '04 but come on, we have 2 move on. Kosi and x are both devalued stock we should look at trading, but keep dal because the upside is still there. polished, skilled, poised...we dont exactly have that in spades at the moment.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

agree 110%

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Apu
Club Player

Re: STOP LIVING IN THE BLOODY HOPE OF 04 FFS!!!!

saintjake wrote: ESSPICALLY X
Last year actually.....rounds 12 thru 22 (18 games for the year)
I agree with your sentiment but I don't think we will really get that much in return for him. Considering most teams are not trading their early picks I think a 3rd rounder is the best we would be offered IMO.

SS Hall of Fame

Kosi is not going anywhere, so GET OVER IT!!! Christ, if I see one more 'trade Kosi' thread, I think I'm gunna puke!!!!! *insert puke emoticon here*

saintjake
Club Player

Apu wrote:
saintjake wrote: ESSPICALLY X
Last year actually.....rounds 12 thru 22 (18 games for the year)
I agree with your sentiment but I don't think we will really get that much in return for him. Considering most teams are not trading their early picks I think a 3rd rounder is the best we would be offered IMO.
the collingwood rumour is fantastic if true.
and if we dont take it we are fools.
AND a 3rd rounder would be BETTER THEN WHAT HE HAS GIVEN
FFS
didnt you read

saintjake
Club Player

saint75 wrote:Kosi is not going anywhere, so GET OVER IT!!! Christ, if I see one more 'trade Kosi' thread, I think I'm gunna puke!!!!! *insert puke emoticon here*
and cant you see, he is not a ruckman becasue he is too short.
and he is too slow to be a foward
OR a back.
he is in the middle.
ONE good game in 5
one standout game in 10
what im saying is look at the hawks and cats
they dont have these players,
getting paid what kosi is,
and producing less then required.
ITS TIME TO MOVE ON!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:
saint75 wrote:Kosi is not going anywhere, so GET OVER IT!!! Christ, if I see one more 'trade Kosi' thread, I think I'm gunna puke!!!!! *insert puke emoticon here*
OR a back.
he is in the middle.
ONE good game in 5
one standout game in 10
ITS TIME TO MOVE ON!

thank you Jake. Exactly.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saintjake wrote:
OR a back.
he is in the middle.
ONE good game in 5
one standout game in 10
ITS TIME TO MOVE ON!
Who died and made you the footy expert....?? Do you know something that the St Kilda Coaching team doesn't? Can't wait to see the Kosi bashers this time next year........ :D :D

As for your comments in regards to his performace this year, hell, that would qualify half our team, especially in the first half of the year. Nick had a pitiful first half, should we trade him also? You DO NOT give up a player like Kosi. Yes, he under performed this year but the up side is had his first full year without horrific injuries and it will boost his confidence. Footy is 75% above the shoulders (about the only thing I ever agreed with GT on!). Watch him closely next year, you won't be disappointed!!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:im either gonna get shot down for this post,
but ill give it a shot.

it may sound silly,
everyone says no, maybe because of the future that looked so promising because of these players 4 years ago.
now i agree we shouldnt trade dal, he only had one bad year, and copped some flak.

but kosi and X have been injured to much, to end up having the careers they should of.
ESSPICALLY X

jsut very VERY unlucky.
im with ya. ive been pushing this line on this forum for 2 years now. and most people howl me down. call me names and say i dont know anything footy. yet nearly all my predictions have come true thus far.

people have to stop living on the hope/the wishful thiking that kosi, x etc etc are superstars and are going to just "click" one day and start dominating. the game has moved on since 04. the players have changed. the tactics and the type of body/player required. we are what we are. there is no going back. and some of the players people think are awesome are only ordinary. start wtahcing games and concentrate on the here and now.

the fact is X hasnt played a good game in years. and kosi is rubbish against good teams so stop making excuses (2 finals - ZERO goals)

we have lost a few players since then - and replaced them with what? our youth development is the worst in the league. we have had the lowest number of rising star nominatiions. only BJ and Gilbert have really entered the team since 04. the rest have been top=up mediocre types. we are 4 or 5 good players short of the top teams. we need to find them. and stop dreaming that they are already there.

remember we lost harves, maguire, pecko and G Train (100 goal kicker that year).

so thats 4 really talented players to replace.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 09 Oct 2008 9:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

win

agreed jake. kosi is the classic player who will tease his entire career. would have been a super player 15 years ago but now his lack of both awareness and pace find him out. when i watch kosi i c things about to happen around him that he himself is oblivious 2. how many top line players could u say that about? how many times do u watch him spoil a saints player in an aerial duel? i have lost count, but they have counted against us

saintjake
Club Player

saint75 wrote:
saintjake wrote:
OR a back.
he is in the middle.
ONE good game in 5
one standout game in 10
ITS TIME TO MOVE ON!
Who died and made you the footy expert....?? Do you know something that the St Kilda Coaching team doesn't? Can't wait to see the Kosi bashers this time next year........ :D :D

As for your comments in regards to his performace this year, hell, that would qualify half our team, especially in the first half of the year. Nick had a pitiful first half, should we trade him also? You DO NOT give up a player like Kosi. Yes, he under performed this year but the up side is had his first full year without horrific injuries and it will boost his confidence. Footy is 75% above the shoulders (about the only thing I ever agreed with GT on!). Watch him closely next year, you won't be disappointed!!
IVE BEEN WAITING TO BE PROVEN WRONG ABOUT KOSI FOR A LONG TIME
AND IM STILL WAITNG!!!!!
nick at least came home strong
and hasnt been injured for more games then he has played!
and atlease he as a position he can play.
not float between 2 doing mediocre in both

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saintjake wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saintjake wrote:
OR a back.
he is in the middle.
ONE good game in 5
one standout game in 10
ITS TIME TO MOVE ON!

AND IM STILL WAITNG!!!!!
Is it his fault that he hasn't been settled into one position? Is it his fault that the fitness staff were not up to scratch? Why not blame him for the downturn in the economy while your at it? Get real mate. Show some faith. He will prove many of his 'doubters' very wrong next year......will look forward to bumping threads such as these. I hope you know how to 'eat crow' and be gracious at the same time...... :lol: :lol:

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:

Having being pretty vocal in my opinions about the way Kosi is idolised on here I'll spare anyone reading this the benefit of going over it again.
But I'm yet to see anyone who still has a glowing picture of Kosi actually produce any evidence or argument to back it up. Lots of hot air about what a champ he's gonna be or comments like "who died and made you a footy expert". Bugger all genuine argument or fact.
Last edited by st.byron on Thu 09 Oct 2008 9:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintjake
Club Player

saint75 wrote:
saintjake wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saintjake wrote:
OR a back.
he is in the middle.
ONE good game in 5
one standout game in 10
ITS TIME TO MOVE ON!

AND IM STILL WAITNG!!!!!
Is it his fault that he hasn't been settled into one position? Is it his fault that the fitness staff were not up to scratch? Why not blame him for the downturn in the economy while your at it? Get real mate. Show some faith. He will prove many of his 'doubters' very wrong next year......will look forward to bumping threads such as these. I hope you know how to 'eat crow' and be gracious at the same time...... :lol: :lol:
believe me if kosi comes good, i will eat my words
you may all thing i am naive because i am jsut 16,
BUT, im looking at it without the rose coloured glasses.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
Is it his fault that he hasn't been settled into one position? Is it his fault that the fitness staff were not up to scratch?
Soft excuses S75. That's what they are.

win

can u not c saint 75 that it is always about next year next year next year with kosi. simple fact is kosi 08 injury free did not deliver. enough with next year, just wait, give him a chance....rubbish....he has been in the system 4 8 years- his career is quite possibly 2/3rds over and u ask us 2 wait till next year....please

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:[

i have heard this for 7 years now

"just you wait until next year! kosi will do this that and the other"....

if i read any more "just wait for kosi next year.. ' posts ill puke. why is IT always next year. next year never comes guys. nect year it will be kosi in 2010...

well im still waiting. wait till he gets confident etc etc....

"you will be eating your words"...well im still not eating them... meanwhile roughhead, buddy, tomahawk, jack riewoldt, and whoever else will go past him.

these are the facts

final v geelong = NO GOALS.
final v hawks = NO GOALS

the guys is too small to ever be a ruckmen (196cm) and;
not agile enough to ever play KPP.

so he floats between two positions and he is mediocre at both.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

win wrote:hi there....just joined....have been browsing this site 4 years and thought it was time to be heard so signed up. this is 1 of the better comments i have read of late. i agree that we all still cherish '04 but come on, we have 2 move on. Kosi and x are both devalued stock we should look at trading, but keep dal because the upside is still there. polished, skilled, poised...we dont exactly have that in spades at the moment.
Welcome to the forum saintjake!

Its taken 4 years to be heard - And you want to be heard for the above dribble? Please -

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

but ill give it a shot.

it may sound silly,

ESSPICALLY X

jsut very VERY unlucky.

Exactly - So why would you trade that have been unlucky?

saintjake
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
win wrote:hi there....just joined....have been browsing this site 4 years and thought it was time to be heard so signed up. this is 1 of the better comments i have read of late. i agree that we all still cherish '04 but come on, we have 2 move on. Kosi and x are both devalued stock we should look at trading, but keep dal because the upside is still there. polished, skilled, poised...we dont exactly have that in spades at the moment.
Welcome to the forum saintjake!

Its taken 4 years to be heard - And you want to be heard for the above dribble? Please -
dude win wrote that,
not me
i joined this year.

Apu
Club Player

saintjake wrote:the collingwood rumour is fantastic if true.
Yes .......but it probably isn't
saintjake wrote:AND a 3rd rounder would be BETTER THEN WHAT HE HAS GIVEN
I said 3rd rounder as a minimum. My point is clubs this year are unwilling to trade draft picks. There have been numerous articles in papers saying how players values are being severely undervalued as it is the last uncompromised draft. If other clubs share your opinion above, then we wont even get that.
saintjake wrote:FFS
didnt you read
Yes did read, I just dont think it will happen.

Con Gorozidis wrote:[

i have heard this for 7 years now

"just you wait until next year! kosi will do this that and the other"....

if i read any more "just wait for kosi next year.. ' posts ill puke. why is IT always next year. next year never comes guys. nect year it will be kosi in 2010...

well im still waiting. wait till he gets confident etc etc....

"you will be eating your words"...well im still not eating them... meanwhile roughhead, buddy, tomahawk, jack riewoldt, and whoever else will go past him.

these are the facts

final v geelong = NO GOALS.
final v hawks = NO GOALS

the guys is too small to ever be a ruckmen (196cm) and;
not agile enough to ever play KPP.

so he floats between two positions and he is mediocre at both.
Exactly.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saintjake wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saintjake wrote:
OR a back.
he is in the middle.
ONE good game in 5
one standout game in 10
ITS TIME TO MOVE ON!

AND IM STILL WAITNG!!!!!
believe me if kosi comes good, i will eat my words
you may all thing i am naive because i am jsut 16,
BUT, im looking at it without the rose coloured glasses.
Phew! - Well that just proves that there is a reasonable explanation everything.

saintjake
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
but ill give it a shot.

it may sound silly,

ESSPICALLY X

jsut very VERY unlucky.

Exactly - So why would you trade that have been unlucky?
BECAUSE YOU CANT WIN A FLAG DRAGGING UNLUCKY PLAYERS WITH YOU
HOPING THEY ARE CARRYING THEIR LUCKY HORSESHOE AND COME TO PLAY THIS YEAR!!!
look at the hawks, traded the deadwood and won the flag.