Ray & pick 48 for Pick 31

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rexy
SS Life Member

Not sure if a bloke with a name like Farren Ray really needs a nick name?

Maybe this year?
midas_touch
Club Player

Looks like a pretty good deal there, hopefully he'll address our leg speed issues in the midfield. Welcome to the club Farren!

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Shades
Club Player

im Very happy with that trade

crackers35
Club Player

Farren Ray

Welcome to the Saints, Farren Ray!
You've got the ability to do well for us and show those Bulldogs they were wrong to let you go!

SAINTS IN 09

Looking forward to 2010 - I'm gonna Lovett!
makemytime
Club Player

I think its actually alright even if we give up our 2nd rounder. I mean hes 22, shown potential and despite the criticism of being the next 'Fiora', I think he'll be alright.

If we get cousins, even better

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I must admit that RL sounded quite optimistic about this trade, and I found it contagious given that the guy rarely get's too excited. He's intention coming into trade week was to add depth into the midfield, and he has done so in what I think is a pretty decent deal for us.

It was highlighted that Matthew Drain has had a connection with Farren in his time at the Doggies, he is aware that the kid can play and there maybe more than meets the eye? Maybe the Doggies just wasn't the right fit, or he is taking a little longer to find his feet.

Anyways, I am happy with this one :D

BallBanger
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Not a bad trade.

Farren Ray can play a bit. Just need opportunity.
Never had an opportunity?? which planet have you been on?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

...i'm happy with the selection......more than happy really.......most of the boys from that draft are only now starting to show that they warranted their high draft ratings....

..i followed those boys closely....we were in the mix for sylvia, ray. mclean bradley, tenance riley dunn or raph clarke...........now we have two of them......with a chance of adding one more ..if delistings go as suggested....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:...i'm happy with the selection......more than happy really.......most of the boys from that draft are only now starting to show that they warranted their high draft ratings....

..i followed those boys closely....we were in the mix for sylvia, ray. mclean bradley, tenance riley dunn or raph clarke...........now we have two of them......with a chance of adding one more ..if delistings go as suggested....
Which one are we a chance of securing?

God I would love to have a Sylvia or Mclean playing for St Kilda, thank god Raph is starting to show something...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Mooksy
Club Player

I could have sworn we were watching a team in the two finals losses who need tough b@stards before anything else. Can't work this one out

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Once again good trading by Ross and Drain..

What's not to like?

Firstly....it directly targets our main weakness (when compared against the Cats. Hawks and arguably the Dogs too)...our midfield.

Secondly....at getting Ray plus a third rounder for just a second round pick (and very late second round pick at that) we have excellent value trading.

One of the key things a coach must achieve is to build a good list.

Under Lyon we have to date seen good value trades....but also crucially we are seeing very good list management where he is clearing focus on improving the structure and balance of our list.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:...i'm happy with the selection......more than happy really.......most of the boys from that draft are only now starting to show that they warranted their high draft ratings....

do you know something we don't Stinger? Which one of those guys is coming to us in the PSD along with Benny boy?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Byron my guess would be Tenace and he no world beater.

“Yeah….nah””