Petition against Nathan Carroll

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

zebraman
Club Player

Martin Pike would most probably be put in the same category as what Nathan Carroll is being put into...and he turned out to be a pretty reasonable player...4 premierships....

Let Nathan carroll do pre season with St Kilda and let the match committee decide if he's worth a punt or not...

He just may prove everyone wrong

markp
Saintsational Legend

The Saints return for pre-season training on November 17. It's anticipated Carroll, if released from Melbourne, as is expected, would train for two weeks with St Kilda before the national draft on November 29.

In that time, Carroll would need to convince the St Kilda leadership group he would be of value to the club.
Surely nuffy supporters are better placed to have the ultimate say in list management.... F*** me :roll:

Saints94
SS Life Member

We should give him a chance :P

fingers
Saintsational Legend

homework wrote:We should give him a chance :P
hey Homey - nice to hear from you ;)

MilneyMagic
Club Player

Further update...

Murray will be on SEN at 3:45 today.

Give him a call and tell him what you think.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

MilneyMagic wrote:Feel free to attack myself or my mate, it is just water off a ducks back.

He so strongly about this issue that he is willing to go to any lengths to make sure that it does not happen.

Below are some exerts from Archie Fraser's email back to him yesterday.

'I understand your concerns but let me reiterate that while the media are
a good source of information, they often misconstrue the facts.'

'I am disappointed that you have made up your mind without considering all the potential recruitment scenarios and gone ahead and attempted to lobby with media broadcasters before even hearing the Clubs side of the story.'

'I can assure you that I have absolute faith in my team and that the right decisions will always be made, and if that includes Nathan Carroll then it would be well thought out and every aspect considered.'

'There is a far better way to go about things than the way you have
approached this on this occasion.'

'I would appreciate it if you just backed off and allowed our Club and List
management staff to do their job.'

Also, he has been in touch with the producer of the good oil and there is a strong chance that he will be appearing in a segment on Friday. He wants all Saints supporters to listen and phone in with their feedback and thoughts.

Keep up the campaign...we can not let this happen!!!
Think Mark Gale, Robert Powell, Shaun Charles, Fred Campbell...we can not let our club slide back into the days of recruiting hacks from other clubs!!! We must move forward!!
If you are so serious about then please post the entire contents of Archie's e-mail as you did with your mate's e-mail.

Also, don't be so selective in your examples of recruits. Think Fraser Gehrig, Aaron Hamill, Stephen Milne, Andrew Thompson, Stephen King...

Richter
SS Life Member

markp wrote:Synopsis of Archie's reply= "Pull ya head in peanut... "
I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE POST

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Just to stick it up Muzza and his petition?

Yep, I'm with you now Homie!!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Just to stick it up Muzza and his petition?

Yep, I'm with you now Homie!!!
if a football club gave out contracts to other players due to the need of giving a chance...who knows what could happen they would not succeed and be like melbourne

yeh...a chance...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

Any news? Has he been on?

saintjake
Club Player

are you stupid?

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

What a laughable idea.

Sending a petition to the CEO of a football club relating to a player with a chance of getting picked up.

I know, lets all petition to make sure Peake and Bevo have Steele Sidebottom as their first choice. Lets let them know that we will riot if hes available and we DONT pick him.

Or wait, why dont we just give Archie a list of player preferences that we like, and tell him to go and get them for us.

What a magnificent spud of a post.

saintjake
Club Player

n1ck wrote:What a laughable idea.

Sending a petition to the CEO of a football club relating to a player with a chance of getting picked up.

I know, lets all petition to make sure Peake and Bevo have Steele Sidebottom as their first choice. Lets let them know that we will riot if hes available and we DONT pick him.

Or wait, why dont we just give Archie a list of player preferences that we like, and tell him to go and get them for us.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

are you stupid?
After listening to the knob getting his mates call in and agree with him, you'd have to say yes. Try getting passionate about something positive. And Rix at full back? And Gilbert? Sounds like you should have applied for the assistant coach position.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I just heard this spoon on SEN> WTF? Rix in the back line, gilbert ....holy s***, footy smarts all over the joint.

Its a damn stupid and embarassing idea mate, just drop it. No, I dont want Carroll either, but s***, leave to those that actually know what they are doing for christs sake!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

rix is today's chip wrapper...move on guys........ffs....nothing to see here......

...rix......f***.....lmfao..........if there was ever a guy lucky to play league footy...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:...rix......f***.....lmfao..........if there was ever a guy lucky to play league footy...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Gotta agree with you there Stinger.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
stinger wrote:...rix......f***.....lmfao..........if there was ever a guy lucky to play league footy...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
....i knew we would make up........just knew it.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Nathan Carroll was towelled up by Jarrad Allen playing for Casey this season.....he is not even a good VFL player ATM.

Alex Silvagni is better than him, and he aint much...

Undersized defender with NO talent......if the club cannot work this out on their own, GOD help us!!!

fingers
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
fingers wrote:
....i knew we would make up........just knew it.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love ya Stinger

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

fingers wrote:
stinger wrote:
fingers wrote:
Love ya Stinger
*click*

It's now officially a Kodak moment... LOVE IS IN THE AIR!

The Saints are coming!
GrumpyOne

fingers wrote:
stinger wrote:
fingers wrote:
Love ya Stinger
FFS get a room. :roll:

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:What a laughable idea.

what a silly comparison comparing potential draftees who could be jets to a proven hack yokel violent wanker like carroll...what a magnificent spud of a comparison

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps we could send an e-mail to Archie letting him know that we have confidence in the decisions the club is making on such matters. After all, they are the professionals and would have much much more info at their disposal than Murray Middleton !!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I guess the OP is frustrated and hasn't thought this completely through, and they would now surely realise that a "petition" would not have the desired effect? My suggestion would be to settle down, and then write a dignified letter to Archie raising your concerns....