St Kilda in one-horse race to sign Ben Cousins

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

I'm willing to take the risk I still think we're not Premiership material without him but could be a lot closer and stronger with him in the side regardless.

We seem to be focusing and getting paranoid on the negatives and what could happen. Let's not forget how much of a superstar this guy is and how team lifting he can be out on the field which is what we need.

I'm going the other way and seeing all these shameful circumstances as a huge win and our gain if we can pick him up and keep him in line.

Rather than so many pooing themselves with worry I'm actually so excited I'm wetting my pants.

happy feet
Club Player

BC

I know someone who was involved with the last tour to Ireland that BC went on. When I asked what he was like, I was told he was a really lovely bloke, had a lot of time for teammates, younger players and the public and was a great ambassador for our team. this person was genuinely shocked and disappointed at his fall from grace. I think we should welcome him with open arms and then strap ourselves in and enjoy the ride. But be assured, there is no middle ground with this one. It will be either a brilliant coup or a bloody disaster and I reckon we will know by round 10.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

This is so freakin' simple. Cousins needs to play - he's a narcissist. One club trusts its leaders - that'd be us. We need a player who can play forward of the pill, hit spills at pace and kick goals. That'd be him. We MUST have a crack at this.

We will pay him kid's wages. He won't infringe, 'cos his life would finish if he did. His goombardy, the Gard's, hasn't stuffed up since he's been with us.

This is so freakin' simple. Read Jake Niall's article in The Age - there are 2 clubs with a chance, Hawthorn and Geelong. Nobody is interested in BC 'cos he doesn't offer the difference between a flag and elsewhere.

bulls***. 2 years ago Kennett's mob were a joke, couldn't beat time with a stick. Now they're world beaters. Give me a break. The cheapest flag since Sheedy's mob in 1993, was this year. Geelong were woeful. Hawthorn won a flag with 2 off the park, a pigmy at CHB, none of their dominant midfielders actually dominating.

Anybody who buys the popular nonsense will cop what they deserve. There is a simple rule - the better your footballers, the greater your chances.

We should take Cousins and trust our leaders. Simple.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021