ST KILDA DECIDES NOT TO PROCEED WITH BEN COUSINS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:couple of points

no other club has said they WOULD take him. Hell ben has not even nominated for the draft and could just decide to retire with his name now clear.

He has not ripped up anyone for a long time. Even when he played finals he didn't finish the match because his hammy went.

The club knows ALOT more then us and has decided against it.

We have not DECIDED on drafting carroll.

Some people are getting upset over an issue they don't have alot of information on and pedicting future events that have yet to happen.

The next person I read who says they want cousins to rip it up against us next year.... I will chuck a fridge at them. Club is so much bigger then one individual.

Good luck ben in what you get up to next.
Yeah but you miss the whole point of Benny...sure he has done NOTHING for 2 years, and is gamble, may not do much even if playing AFL in 2009.

But what he offers is HOPE and a DREAM.

Heck, we were all once children with dreams of being astronauts and firemen....taking Cousins was part of the fantasy of creating something new and special in 2009....

Heck. the friggin sharemarket when booming is driven by hope and greed to be the best, not necessarily on reality.

That hope buys membership.

That hope brings in money to the club.

Now it appears to be gone........

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:it better not be sponsor driven.......we are in the business of winning flags..
Yep.

The decision better be made on the basis of a very valid football reason.

I somehow doubt that, sponser driven dribble.

footy first? pfft

mick13
Club Player

Look forward to him ripping us a new arsehole at the Dome against the Lions next year!

Shades
Club Player

sassy wrote:i am absolutly gutted. this is a disgrace. i am going to cancel my membership tomorrow. i feel like this has been mishandled completely.

i really felt like this could have been the difference we need.

ur soft

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

falka wrote:You smug prick Iceman, we are all gutted and you talk about number 9 so flippantly. I read your big drama queen crap on here about addicts in another post. Last post over and out
And by the way not all of us are gutted,

Have a nice night :roll:

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:
Armoooo wrote:Let's get the conspiracy theories happening :)
Perhaps we are doing this so Brisbane think that they have him secured in the PSD and we can use our last ND pick on him instead of having to waste a 3rd rounder??
I'm sick of all this crap with St Kilda! :x
I'm going to cancel my membership!
30 years I've been a supporter!
NOT ANYMORE!
The hair that has broken the camels back! :evil:
Then piss off, log off SS and don't return, Strength Through Loyalty obviously means nothing to you.

No matter how disappointed you are in a decision or a result from the club you HAVE to stay commited to the club, 100% always and forever.

If you are going to have a little hissy fit because you didn't get what you wanted then take your ball and bat and leave, or better yet go and become a Richmond 'supporter'!!

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Thank heavens it is finally over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't say I am happy but can't say that I am unhappy

Seems as though the club left no stone unturned with regards to their investigations so therefore I accept their decision to not draft Cousins

Obviously if no club picks him up then we will never know what we might have lost or gained and I think I prefer it that way

Good luck to Cousins in his recovery and its time we turn our attentions to 2009

Go Saints!!! :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Hope all the cabbages who PMed me last year because I wasn't tumbling head first after this Footy First mob are happy now :roll: :roll:

You all wanted them and couldn't wait to kick out Butterss.

Now you have got this bunch of incompetents who

1) Moves the club to Boganville with no consultation

2) Extorts money out of long serving fans without warning

3) Now hasn't the balls to get a midfielder who could still be the best player on our list apert from Roo.

Really pathetic effort all round.

What a bunch of gutless cowards you lot voted in.

Well done losers. :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Darren
Club Player

No matter how disappointed you are in a decision or a result from the club you HAVE to stay commited to the club, 100% always and forever.
Sums up the whole thread.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

sassy wrote:i am absolutly gutted. this is a disgrace. i am going to cancel my membership tomorrow. i feel like this has been mishandled completely.

i really felt like this could have been the difference we need.
Then you can piss off too, you are a disgrace of a 'supporter'!!

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
HarveysDeciple

If your going to cancel your memberships then the club is better off without you.....

I am disgusted by the decision, but for f*** sake. this cancel membership stuff is rubbish.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

STUPID STUPID STUPID :evil: not happy ... the guy is the x factor we need no chance of winning a premiership with the current team.... absolute joke... we had to take the risk stuff this supporting the clubs decision just DUMB

older saint
SS Life Member

this clearly shows a level of distrust to the board. They need to be more transparent to the members asthey do not have the runs on the board for member's to accept this decision ( which may be correct and is the same as 14 other clubs) with the half baked explanation provided.

We are not powerless shareholders that some on these board are used to dealing with.

Perhaps a better explanation would even result in huge support from everyone, rather than the synical retoric which is flying around at the moment

Shades
Club Player

u think there will b a memmber email sent out 2nite?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Thank heavens it is finally over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't say I am happy but can't say that I am unhappy

Seems as though the club left no stone unturned with regards to their investigations so therefore I accept their decision to not draft Cousins

Obviously if no club picks him up then we will never know what we might have lost or gained and I think I prefer it that way

Good luck to Cousins in his recovery and its time we turn our attentions to 2009

Go Saints!!! :twisted:
Post of the night

Thank you :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
ThomasR
Club Player

This is not a gutless decision. Fans were polarised and many will be upset by the decision not to take Cousins. I am backing the board on this one. Obviously the instinctive reaction is one of lost opportunity and disappointment but they would not take such a decision lightly, particularly after so avidly pursuing him for months on end.

Look what's happened over the past couple of months. Collingwood were the front-runners, hired a PI, and suddenly pulled out. Hardly any of the other clubs considered him, and those that did pulled out reasonably quickly, save the Lions. Carlton is splashing money around everywhere but never registered any serious interest. Behind the top two, there was very little separating over a half dozen clubs this year, each of whom could stake a claim for winning a flag in the next couple of years. There is something that does not add up here.

Good footballer yes, but he's had a year off - factor in the risk of taking him (and I think that risk is far bigger than is generally thought), and it's just not worth it. According to the board, and all their due diligence, risk outweighs return. That's satisfactory for me.

Looks like he's headed north, and as much as I hope Ben gets himself healthy, I look forward to watching the Lions crash and burn under that arrogant simpleton Voss.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Look at me, look at me!!
I care more about my own vindication than the results of the club!!
Edited for accuracy...

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:If your going to cancel your memberships then the club is better off without you.....

I am disgusted by the decision, but for f*** sake. this cancel membership stuff is rubbish.
Completely agree, I think som IP bans might be in order :twisted: :twisted:

BradWA
Club Player

Good

Good NO Great decision by the SKFC

If anyone thinks hes not on it WHY would he cut his hair

This lad is cunning and well educated on the ways to beat the tests

He wouldnt have passed a hair test in 3 mths so we would have WASTED our TIME
Plus if he was clean he would have fronted up for every test under the sun
Good riddance YA smug little prick
Last edited by BradWA on Tue 25 Nov 2008 8:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Moderator Nazi,s strike again, Oh forgot, shyt im not in the purple circle.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

What a bunch of fools our club is.

I think as members we deserve a detailed explaination as to why we've passed up such an opportunity.

If everyone who is pissed off with this decision rings the club and emails the club with their protest, and threaten to not rejoin as a member they might reconsider.

No answers no membership!

Shades
Club Player

Re: Good

BradWA wrote:Good NO Great decision by the SKFC

If anyone thinks hes not on it WHY would he cut his hair

This lad is cunning and well educated on the ways to beat the tests

He wouldnt have passed a hair test in 3 mths so we would have WASTED our TIME
Plus if he was clean he would have fronted up for every test under the son
Good riddance YA smug little prick

wanted 2 swim faster

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:What a bunch of fools our club is.

I think as members we deserve a detailed explaination as to why we've passed up such an opportunity.

If everyone who is pissed off with this decision rings the club and emails the club with their protest, and threaten to not rejoin as a member they might reconsider.

No answers no membership!
You are a disgrace!!
A complete and total disgrace!!

saintnat
Club Player

Alright hypothetical say a big name saints come out tomorrow and says i do not support the future direction of our club or board.

say dal walks out, and says enough is enough, i want to return to essendon.

do you support this or not? this could get interesting. clearly the wrong decision here on cousins.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Darren wrote:
Sums up the whole thread.
Exactly....just like a lemming to the top of a mountain cliff... :roll:

You guys would've made great nazis :roll: :roll:

lendog heaven
Club Player

piss weak - the club's been taken over by freakin' Methodists.........

Tramps like us.............