ST KILDA DECIDES NOT TO PROCEED WITH BEN COUSINS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
saint patrick wrote:This is going to be the mother of all saintsatinal posts :roll:

Will make Carlos's "your're all muppets " look like a news flash :lol:
Nope.

Not a patch on the Sacred Cow. 8-)
He's gone. Move on

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
saint patrick wrote:This is going to be the mother of all saintsatinal posts :roll:

Will make Carlos's "your're all muppets " look like a news flash :lol:
Nope.

Not a patch on the Sacred Cow. 8-)
You mean the sacrificing of the fat cow :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:Great decision... bring on 2009 with a group of enthusiastic draft choices who can be 10 - 15 year premiership players for our club!!
How many times have we said that and they only last 3-5 years?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
happy feet
Club Player

???????????????

I am astiunded given the amount of media and the positive comments made by club representatives. Usually these types of comments are made to get a reaction and to guage public opinion. For what it's worth, I think we have lost a golden opportunity. It may not have lead to a premiership, but I suppose now we will never know.

at some point in time, if the club is able, they need to advise members of the reason why, and the real reasons, and not just push the rotational medicine down our throats. No more BS.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:Great decision... bring on 2009 with a group of enthusiastic draft choices who can be 10 - 15 year premiership players for our club!!
3-5 times...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: ???????????????

happy feet wrote:

at some point in time, if the club is able, they need to advise members of the reason why, and the real reasons, and not just push the rotational medicine down our throats. No more BS.
Why????

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
the average " life span" of an AFL footballer is ONLY 3 years.

and for one of the few times ever in ST Kilda's history we actually have more players with 100+ games for the Club STILL playing for the club than possibly at any time.

there are dozens with 80=90 games but few with 100 and thus ends our father /son list.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

I'm just very dissapointed.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
your momma
Club Player

Son Of A Bitch!!!

Next time i dont wanna hear any talking-up of drafting a player for 3 months, until hes in a god damn red black and white gernsey!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

"Im never satisfied...its a curse"
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I became slowly convinced that BC coming to the saints was a good idea over the past months, but that was because I believed that the club was on the same page. I guess I was annoyed, because I had made efforts to embrace him as a sainter thinking that is what the club wanted. I was confused hearing the annoucement to realise that this wasn't the case, I guess like a lot of us I had thought it was a given.

I do wish Ben all the best though, and hope that he gets his happy ever after...

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I guess

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
vacuous space
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote: the average " life span" of an AFL footballer is ONLY 3 years.
Don't question the talent of pick 83. He's going to be a good one. We made the right decision, trust me. Just watch the kid play.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
bobby

[quote="sax"][quote="Armoooo"]Let's get the conspiracy theories happening :)
Perhaps we are doing this so Brisbane think that they have him secured in the PSD and we can use our last ND pick on him instead of having to waste a 3rd rounder??[/quote]

I'm sick of all this crap with St Kilda! :x
I'm going to cancel my membership!
30 years I've been a supporter!
NOT ANYMORE!
The hair that has broken the camels back! :evil:[/quote]

Same here.....social club member for over 20 years.In my opinion they have blown it...........won't be getting my hard earned neat year. good luck Ben, hope you have a blinder next season for the Lions. :x

Sobraz
SS Life Member

This power tripping, holier than thou board has put us right back on the top of the laughing stock list of the AFL that we have held for so long...

All this song and dance and then to pull the rug out is a disgrace... Leading us supporters on, the media, even leading Ben on, to act as if we are a thourough, organised group has proved nothing...

Get this through your head Archie, Greg et al... Our ONE and ONLY priority is to win the flag NEXT SEASON... not to make granduous statements and moral choices...

Who the hell are they to make a moral call to the detriment to our onfield success... I could not care what he has done in his past, his value to our team ONFIELD would have been far greater than what any of those indecisive wankers will bring to the club going forward...

Absolutely gutted with this decision...

I firmly belive this will cost us financially as well.. Aside from the money spent (wasted) in doing our investigations, we would have put a ring around 40,000 members IMO with Ben on board... We will be lucky to get 30,000 now...

Disgrace...

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

your momma wrote:Son Of A Bitch!!!

Next time i dont wanna hear any talking-up of drafting a player for 3 months, until hes in a god damn red black and white gernsey!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Oh lordy lordy...don't mess with your momma :shock:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

AP Erebus wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:You know all the posts abouit BC tonight remind me of a very well known quote froma very well known movie.

"He's not the Messiah, he's just a very naughty boy".
Hehe, yeah

I fully support the board on this one. If they couldn't be convinced he was 100% clean and ready to go, then they shouldn't decide to pick him up, which they didn't.

It's easy for people on this forum to take pot shots at the board. But you have no idea what they board used to make it's decision, what information it had access to that wasn't in the public spotlight.

Pathetic, juvenile reaction by many apparent supporters in this thread. No wonder I don't frequent here much...
Nah mate...its obvious what should have happened

The board does its homework and compiles a dossier on Benny and related issues. That dossier is uploaded onto the Club website as a 342 page .pdf file for all members to read...cos we are members and its our Club!!

Then..after 7-10 days we have a lil poll, just like the members scarf voting really..Benny YES or NO. Majority rules :-)

Easy peasy..and might as well get rid of our recruiting Dept as well, cos this time Saturday night they'll be written off as having no clue and weve recruited a bunch of hacks with no upside and poor skills. . Might as well just do a poll on the Top 20 likely draft pick and let the members decide that too

:roll: 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I hate to spam but gee I hope to see this sort of vitriol towards every decision we make or have made about any other player who has never been a Saint, never given a s*** about the Saints.

So every delisted player we haven't taken - come on Saints supporters, uprise, be loud and proud and throw away your memberships because we didn't take them.
Last edited by Iceman234 on Tue 25 Nov 2008 10:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Who really did the teasing

The Media

The Club

to convince so many sainters that he was virtually coming

Pictures in saint jumpers

saints website actively posting pro articles on ben and players
talking up playing with him.

What a circus

saint4life
makemytime
Club Player

:x can't believe what i just read.... i am very annoyed about this decision, however, whats done is done. Althought unlikely, I hope they do a 180 degree turn around and surprise everyone or something.

BUT, does this mean our premiership window is now fast closing and is that the reason we have no more intentions to recruit him?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:This power tripping, holier than thou board has put us right back on the top of the laughing stock list of the AFL that we have held for so long...

All this song and dance and then to pull the rug out is a disgrace... Leading us supporters on, the media, even leading Ben on, to act as if we are a thourough, organised group has proved nothing...

Get this through your head Archie, Greg et al... Our ONE and ONLY priority is to win the flag NEXT SEASON... not to make granduous statements and moral choices...

Who the hell are they to make a moral call to the detriment to our onfield success... I could not care what he has done in his past, his value to our team ONFIELD would have been far greater than what any of those indecisive wankers will bring to the club going forward...

Absolutely gutted with this decision...

I firmly belive this will cost us financially as well.. Aside from the money spent (wasted) in doing our investigations, we would have put a ring around 40,000 members IMO with Ben on board... We will be lucky to get 30,000 now...

Disgrace...
So he was worth 10000 members. If that is the case then those members should hang their heads in shame if they dont join because we didnt pick up a 30 year old who has been out of the game nearly 2 years and has an admitted drug problem.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Chook23, where were the pics in Saints jumpers? I missed them apart from the photoshopped ones.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

not happy

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:not happy
Were you ever ??? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:Chook23, where were the pics in Saints jumpers? I missed them apart from the photoshopped ones.
afl website

papers

saint4life
Richter
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Can i ask how people thinking getting BC will win us a flag next season. Isnt he only replacing Harvs and we didnt win this yeear. Need more than BC to win a flag.
Hey plugg, heads up... we aren't picking up BC. Just a rumour I heard but look out for it in the news tomorrow.... :roll:

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...