Why we should take Carrol

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:From discussing Carroll with a few of my mates fom Melbourne they reckon he's fine until he gets on the pyss.
Then he becomes a different person:-
a not very nice person
an agressive person
a belligerent person
a nasty person

(anybody getting flashbacks to a player GT sacked mid-season for similar activities?)

So if we do pick him up I hope our List Management people put him on a contract that allows us to get rid of him should he continue on with this type of behaviour - a 1 strike and you're out type contract.
The only flashbacks I'm getting is of some supporters on this forum.

They're ok, until the club doesn't recruit the player they all crave.

Then they become different people...

:lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:We shouldn't!
Goodness, I agree with Bernard :shock:

Why? Because the Saints have indicated long-term list management and a focus on youth.

RBnW
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:We shouldn't!
Goodness, I agree with Bernard :shock:

Why? Because the Saints have indicated long-term list management and a focus on youth.
the club wont take him.....even if he is training at the club......he wont get passed Ross and Drain unless he is exceptional......and he isnt that good....up close they will work him out......he will be gone tomorrow..... :oops:

Our best is yet
to come......
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

S.A Saint wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:Carroll will be another raging success story like Matthew Clarke, Steven King, Michael Gardiner and Charlie Gardiner.
You my friend are an idiot....

King has been a very good contributor this year to our club. Not just on field, he will be a valuable teacher to big mac in his development as a ruckman.

Matthew Clarke was recruited to teach our current ruckman at the time how to be a solid contributor to the team. Not his fault he had to ruck as the whole team got injured that year and he was out no1.

Gardiner played some good games for us this season when he was on the park..

charlie was a bonus package that came with king with pick 90...what more would you want from pick 90

these players that we recruited cost us jack s*** and most have provided usufull service to our club..

if we were to get carol for pick 90 or whatever, and use him as back up in case max went down or any of our current defenders than i would be more than happy with this decision. the guy is 28 and he another 4 years of football left in him
You can justify the recruiting of these old hacks anyway you like. For the club to pick up these blokes but then come out with lame excuses regarding Cousins is a joke.

I will concede that King has been serviceable, but the others have been and were a total waste of space. If it's good enough to take Charlie Gardiner as a "bonus package" then I dare say it would be worth a punt on a former brownlow medalist and premiership player!

It would be just like St KFC to go on and recruit Carroll now, a proven trouble-maker, and a player who couldn't even get a game with the worst team in the league! I will not be the least bit surprised if they do and to be honest I'm expecting they will.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:8. And the "BOARD" can really show what Hypocrites they really are!!
Still going??

Why would they be hypocritical? Because the need for a player like Caroll may be greater than Cuz?

Too many uninformed opinions for my liking.

Caroll could very well fill the gap left by Penny. And if Goose returns, we'll have more than enough players to step into the midfield IMO.

All of them younger and without the baggage of Cuz...

BJ, Gran, X just to name 3. Even Chips.

On that basis, and in a perfect world, Caroll would be of more value than Cuz. IMO only.
Someone forgetting we had little problems with our defense last year?

Our midfield on the other hand, one of our main midfielders got dropped for poor showings.
Another missed the last 6 or 7 games because of a '2 week' injury.
Add to that the way our midfield got killed in both our losing finals (esp Hawthorn), i can't believe anyone would believe Carrol is more use to us then Cousins.

uncle joe
Club Player

Don't know much about Carroll , or the off field problems , but he has played some good games against us over the years .
I can see him being pretty handy for our defence for 2 or 3 years . But if he's a problem off the field that would have to be sorted out .

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

uncle joe wrote:Don't know much about Carroll , or the off field problems , but he has played some good games against us over the years .
I can see him being pretty handy for our defence for 2 or 3 years . But if he's a problem off the field that would have to be sorted out .
Well at least he's not on drugs

undecided
Club Player

Little Dozer wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:Carroll will be another raging success story like Matthew Clarke, Steven King, Michael Gardiner and Charlie Gardiner.
You my friend are an idiot....

King has been a very good contributor this year to our club. Not just on field, he will be a valuable teacher to big mac in his development as a ruckman.

Matthew Clarke was recruited to teach our current ruckman at the time how to be a solid contributor to the team. Not his fault he had to ruck as the whole team got injured that year and he was out no1.

Gardiner played some good games for us this season when he was on the park..

charlie was a bonus package that came with king with pick 90...what more would you want from pick 90

these players that we recruited cost us jack s*** and most have provided usufull service to our club..

if we were to get carol for pick 90 or whatever, and use him as back up in case max went down or any of our current defenders than i would be more than happy with this decision. the guy is 28 and he another 4 years of football left in him
You can justify the recruiting of these old hacks anyway you like. For the club to pick up these blokes but then come out with lame excuses regarding Cousins is a joke.

I will concede that King has been serviceable, but the others have been and were a total waste of space. If it's good enough to take Charlie Gardiner as a "bonus package" then I dare say it would be worth a punt on a former brownlow medalist and premiership player!

It would be just like St KFC to go on and recruit Carroll now, a proven trouble-maker, and a player who couldn't even get a game with the worst team in the league! I will not be the least bit surprised if they do and to be honest I'm expecting they will.
i dont think we asked for charlie he was just given too us, lol.

RBnW
Club Player

I have just heard that Carroll was sent home today and told that we will not be taking him in any draft...... :D :D
Usually a good source so I expect it will not be a very good Christmas Carroll.... :oops:
Youth policy here we come...... :D

Our best is yet
to come......
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

RBnW wrote:I have just heard that Carroll was sent home today and told that we will not be taking him in any draft...... :D :D
Usually a good source so I expect it will not be a very good Christmas Carroll.... :oops:
Youth policy here we come...... :D
If this is correct, who's gunna start the apology thread for accusing the oard of being hypocrites etc?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
undecided
Club Player

o o i will :lol: