Another imposition upon members by Footy First!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Another imposition upon members by Footy First!

I buy two reserved seat, social club memberships every year and usually pay for one up front and the second one I pay for in monthly installments!

I buy the second membership to further help the club!

Under the previous administration it was possible to have the direct debits come straight out of your bank account!

I made a personal choice not to have credit cards a long time ago!

Then last December when I go to the club to pay for one membership and put the other on direct debit, I am informed that the procedure has changed ( thanks very much Footy First ) and that the club only accept direct debit's from credit cards!

I was put in an awkward position and decided to bite the bullet and pay for both, which I had not budgeted for, thanks to the new arrangements, that Footy First had put in place!

It very much inconvenienced me and my cash flow last year around Christmas time!

I was pissed off, but chose to just accept it and made no mention of it at the time.

The Butters administration made it possible for direct debits to be debited from bank accounts, which seemed to provide all members with greater flexibility and those choosing not to have credit cards were not inconvenienced!

I now own a credit card for the first time, which I felt forced into doing because of the new arrangements to direct debiting imposed on members, without any apparent consideration by Footy First last year, so I won't be put out like I was last year!

Even though this annoyed me greatly at the time, I made no mention of it, but after reading about the same lack of notification and changes made to reserved seat memberships on level two this year, thought I might actually mention this, as just another example of the current board's total lack of consideration to the members and the utter arrogant contempt that they show, without any notification, consultation or consideration!

These fools who are also responsible for sending this club to Seaford should be voted out ASAP, before they leave the club in ruin!

A board challenge is exactly what this football club need!

Westaway and the board should be exited out immediately!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Pilgram
Club Player

this is the twenty-first century barks4. we have the internet and like other cool stuff too like.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I'm in!

I vote Archie Fraser for Pres!

Legendary
Club Player

You can get a Visa-debit card linked to most bank accounts for 2-3 dollars per month, and use it as a credit card without actually needing "credit" per se ... so there is a way around it.

But I fully sympathise, it can't be that difficult to operate a direct debit system.

GrumpyOne

We could have a whip round for you B4, but you might enjoy it too much. 8-)

RBnW
Club Player

yes lets get a new board in place....because Barks hasn't got a credit card, even though he now has actually has got one.... :?:
This is possibly the worst post you have ever done on here and you have had some good ones....increase the dose back up....the lower level is not working for you..... :roll:
Thank god we didnt finish 11th..... :roll: :roll:

Our best is yet
to come......
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I do see what you mean b4e, but....

As mentioned earlier, there are such things as a Visa debit card...

Also, in what name is that second membership ????

You are aware that memberships are not transferable

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
RBnW
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:I do see what you mean b4e, but....

Second Membership is the name of "Grant Thomas" in the hope that one day they can be together again......ahh love its such a wonderful thing... :D

Our best is yet
to come......
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Yes, but then you're up for another approximate $40 a year in fees, but Footy First obviously don't give a fig, consideration given to members is obviously not a high priority with these f*****s!

RBnW
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:

Yes, but then you're up for another approximate $40 a year in fees, but Footy First obviously don't give a fig, consideration given to members is obviously not a high priority with these f*****s!
Barks my dear, its a small price to pay to sit next to Grant..... :oops: :oops: maybe he will shout you this year with his windfall.... :roll:

Our best is yet
to come......
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:

Second Membership is the name of "Grant Thomas" in the hope that one day they can be together again......ahh love its such a wonderful thing... :D
I would be rapt if Grant Thomas was running for president, I would vote for him without hesitation!

I know he'd also think this whole Seaford relocation is a white elephant and a complete crock.

Hope he rings Fox, organizes a ticket and challenges the board!

At least we'd have a President who would listen to the members and in my view he'd be a good one!

RBnW
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
RBnW wrote:

I would be rapt if Grant Thomas was running for president, I would vote for him without hesitation!

I know he'd also think this whole Seaford relocation is a white elephant and a complete crock.

At least we'd have a President who would listen to the members and in my view he'd be a good one!
Need to change your name to Back not Barks because that is where you all always looking.....back, back, back....... :oops:
The club finally gets rid of GT and RB, do you remember the last year of both of their terms with the club..... :?: and you want GT as President.... :D :o :lol: :shock: :?
OMG......

Our best is yet
to come......
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:

Need to change your name to Back not Barks because that is where you all always looking.....back, back, back....... :oops:
The club finally gets rid of GT and RB, do you remember the last year of both of their terms with the club..... :?: and you want GT as President.... :D :o :lol: :shock: :?
OMG......
I'd have anyone as president if they pulled out of Seaford and relocated the club close to St kilda, at for example ELSTERNWICK PARK!

And at least these F****** who show zero contempt for the members would be booted in the process!

GT, Butterss, Paris Hilton don't care who really just get these nuffies booted, get the **** out of Seaford, so the club can be saved from ruination!

In seven years, Butterss never pulled any stunts with the members, unlike the plethora that Footy First have managed in just one!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
RBnW wrote:

OMG......
I'd have anyone as president if they pulled out of Seaford and relocated the club close to St kilda, at for example ELSTERNWICK PARK!

And at least these F****** who show zero contempt for the members would be booted in the process!

GT, Butterss, Paris Hilton don't care who really just get these nuffies booted, get the **** out of Seaford, so the club can be saved from ruination!

In seven years, Butterss never pulled any stunts with the members, unlike the plethora that Footy First have managed in just one!
Ah, yes the supporter that demands tradition...

Even mentioned on here on how is Great Grandfather would be turning over in his grave, at the re location to Seaford...

But hey...

b4e considers a move to Elsternwick okay????

As I have mentioned to you before....

We are not PLAYING games in Seaford or where ever you want the Club to have our TRAINING Facility to be...

Again, Collingwood have moved from their TRADITIONAL home to a new TRAINING facility, with no fuss..

The Hawks have done likewise with there move from their TRADITIONAL home to a new TRAINING facility, with no fuss...

GET OVER IT!....

Again you moan and groan about "TRADITION", but would be happy to move to Elsternwick.

So somewhere close to St Kilda is TRADITION ????

GO FIGURE!

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Go Sainters Go
Club Player

B4E, you will always find something to bitch about - are you like that at home and work as well?

Incidently, the Board wouldn't make day to day decisions like that anyway - that's a management decision and if it makes for an easier and cheaper operation, I'm all for it.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
RBnW wrote:

What makes you think he'd listen to us? History shows that he didn't listen to anyone else.

Then again, changing his title from the Greatest Man Manager to the Greatest Member Manager does have a certain air of inevitability about it... does it not?

And why the F*** we'd need RodgerFox on the new ticket is beyond me.

Fair Dinkum.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Go Sainters Go wrote:B4E, you will always find something to bitch about - are you like that at home and work as well?
Not ALWAYS....

Just a certain time of the month IMO

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

The parking bays at Etihad stadium are not big enough for my horse and carriage.

And they won't accept pound notes at the food outlets.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Maybe you should do your homework before you go off. The previous company that did the direct debits is from memory no longer in operation anymore or no longer apprvoed by the AFL for the clubs to use. This is not a St Kilda decision but an AFL decision. Obviously the new company operates differently. All clubs have to live with this decision and many others we are probably not so thrilled about, eg, bigpond etc

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

It might be a good idea if people realised that St Kilda or any club probably for that matter are not in the habit of doing everthing possible to upset the fans. They do the best they can with the rules they have to operate by. Pretty sure the club would prefer to keep members rather than loose them. So next time you are unhappy with something, try to remember there is probably a good reason for it.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:I'm in!

I vote Archie Fraser for Pres!
Put a ticket together and state your plan and policy towards members.. and if it looks good, I'll vote for you. Ok?

Call it the Farked4Eva-TosserFox ticket.

In other words... put up or shut up :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

There is always a solution, but you chose to BITCH AND MOAN...

I don't pay any bank fees, I am with a Co op...

You PAY bank fees whether you have a Visa debit card or not....

I have no bank fees and have a Visa debit card...

There are ways....

Just you don't want to see them