Cousins faces not playing again!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

ace wrote:The thing about having criminal friends is that 10, 20 years from now if he gets into trouble with the law he would be written up in the press as "former (insert club here) footballer Ben Cousins was ---------" .

The potential for him to do damage to a club's reputation exists for the remainder of his life but his benefit to a club is maybe only 3 years.
He will be "former potential St.Kilda draftee, Ben Cousins"

starsign
Club Player

Whats the bet "TheAFL Powers That Be" have privately carried out their own "Due Dilligence" knowing all the finer details as well, and actively (but very much off the record ) INFORMED would be intrested clubs and warned if not suggested , demanded even that he not be drafted back into the hallowed ranks?

very simply done , much like the "whispers in the Sky" cover up for mine!

However it all strongly supports those logical / reasonable fans who have not indulged in castigating our Board over its decision AMEN!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

another dead drug dealer!

good riddance to scum.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

kosifantutti23 wrote:
ace wrote:The thing about having criminal friends is that 10, 20 years from now if he gets into trouble with the law he would be written up in the press as "former (insert club here) footballer Ben Cousins was ---------" .

The potential for him to do damage to a club's reputation exists for the remainder of his life but his benefit to a club is maybe only 3 years.
The player formerly know as St Kilda's next Messiah. :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
RBnW
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:

The player formerly know as St Kilda's next Messiah. :wink:
Ben Cousins could have provided the Saints with their first Potential Father Son pick......John Peake today said "in Ben we thought we had a future father son but it was not to be" :roll: :roll:

Our best is yet
to come......
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:If I were BC and I really wanted to play again I would have:

1: Welcomed the Drug Tests. The more the better. I would also attend urine drug tests when they were requested.

2: I would have stated my aim of being a good role model to all young supporters and expounded the evils of taking drugs. By saying this the media would disappear within a heartbeat. Bit like dealing with Born again Christians. Like Gary Ablett :roll:

3: And I would make a really good effort to get off it. I wouldn't go to Crims funerals though. I may even book into rehab so that prospective clubs know that I am trying my darndest.

But alas Ben: sorry, shaving down to less than 1mm all around and avoiding media and not putting your face forward isn't a good look.
Good post...

Cousins had the opportunity to play football this year, but didn't... HOW SMUG IS THAT???

Cousins new the date he had to present himself for a hair sample...

now some on here have stated that it's common for football players to shave and wax their body...., but Cousins new the date of that test and did a full wax job and had a very closely trimmed hair cut...

Just how naive are some of you???

IMO he has always has given me the impression of being a smug little pr1ck, and my opinion of him has not changed.

I remember b4e posting and posting about that Ben Cousins should be drug tested when he did that runner and swam and fled the scene of a car accident...

b4e even posted this on the Carlton Fan Forum...

Now we have the same poster that says that the Saints made a HUGE mistake...

Cousins has dodged any drug test all his career, and some on here believe that, most players shave down over summer...

IMO no coincidence at all, but if it is he did himself no favours.....

Not choosing to play this yea did him no favours....

Choosing to attend a funeral of a bikie that has priors for drug trafficking did him no favours...

He is a smug little pr1ck and will always be the same IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Batnoe

i wanted him, but am over it..

His arrogance has the better of him and has cost him his career

If he really wanted to resurrect his career he would have accepted a hair test instead of shaving down- even if it was in arrogance

Sorry Ben it is your own fault!!

saintm
Club Player

Did anyone see Ricky Nixon on the Fox Sports draft special??

I part heard a snippet on the news and I thought he said that several clubs had contacted him re Ben.

Can anyone confirm what he did actually say?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintm wrote:Did anyone see Ricky Nixon on the Fox Sports draft special??

I part heard a snippet on the news and I thought he said that several clubs had contacted him re Ben.

Can anyone confirm what he did actually say?
more along the lines of discussion with coaches about this not happening again-
I took it to be about putting a player in that position - in regards to returning to the AFL and the process- I will re watch and see of it becomes any clearer.

BUT Ben has had 12 months to show he really wants to come back- with his actions and words as well as his training........

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I used to think his little smug smile was a sign of nervousness.

I now think his little smug smile is a sign of guilt.

He could not lie straight in bed and is either full of himself or full of the drugs he says he is over.

Good riddance.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

he said clubs said we have to do something- doesn't look good, a champion of the game in this situation- we've got to look after him....
media important player
admitted - being out of the game for 12 mths suspension didn't help
Ben nor Ricky at no point said- well I won't play- they hadn't commented they expected the conditions and were achievable

shaved down-Ricky still says neither he nor Ben had any idea that he needed 3 cm hair-
to panel -Does Ben have a chance- slim
How is Ben- as well as expected, not taking it ....- looking to have a quiet two weeks prior to the PSD.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
undecided
Club Player

i feel for ben after reading an article about how he rejected to meet with brisbane twice b/c he was so confident of being picked up by us. it looks like we(the supporters) were not the only ones being mislead

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Not Sorry that we aren't paying Benny for his retirement year.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Beekay
SS Life Member

Am sorry that he couldn't pull his head in and line up in our colours and push for the B&F for 3 years.

Would have loved a genuine football star with an all round reliable skill set, as sadly we don't have one player at the club who doesn't have a major weakness on the field.

I don't really wish Ben any luck, but I hope he uses his talents and profile to do some good. I don't care if he gets on the drugs, that's his choice along with hundreds of thousands of others in the country. It doesn't make him a non decent person, but giving little back to the community will.

----

On a lighter note, who else thinks Benny would make a good GTA character?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
I remember b4e posting and posting about that Ben Cousins should be drug tested when he did that runner and swam and fled the scene of a car accident...

Mate, please get over me, why does my opinion matter so much to you?

btw, I have not logged into the Carlton forum for more than two years, really don't know why I ever did and why anyone would continue to do so AND as for someone remembering me posting an opinion about Cousins on a Carlton forum over two years ago, that's just plain scary.

I don't even remember that, but hey thanks for reminding me :roll:

And to think I hadn't even posted in this thread until now and yet you still manage to include my opinion, seriously WHY?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Mate, please get over me, why does my opinion matter so much to you?

btw, I have not logged into the Carlton forum for more than two years, really don't know why I ever did and why anyone would continue to do so AND as for someone remembering me posting an opinion about Cousins on a Carlton forum over two years ago, that's just plain scary.

And to think I hadn't even posted in this thread until now and yet you still manage to include my opinion, seriously WHY?
Um, so it's ok for you to shove your cut-n-paste rantings down our throats?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: btw, I have not logged into the Carlton forum for more than two years, really don't know why I ever did and why anyone would continue to do so AND as for someone remembering me posting an opinion about Cousins on a Carlton forum over two years ago, that's just plain scary.

You posted the issue about Cousins on the Carlton Forum because it was locked on Saintsational, you tried again and it was locked again...

Thats when you decided to post it on the Carlton Fan Forum...

You ranted and ranted on how Cousins should be drug tested when he fled from his car, and now you are saying that our Club made a HUGE mistake in not getting Cousins...

GO FIGURE!....

Oh, by the way, I have only posted this on here because, the thread that contained your post that the Saints made a HUGE mistake has been locked....

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
ace
Saintsational Legend

When Ben Cousins 8-) came to Melbourne he attended two funerals - one was a dead drug criminal and the other a footballer with a dead career.

How stupid could you get.
To attend a drug criminal's funeral on the eve of getting your career back together. :roll: :roll: :roll:

It may not have been the reason the club rejected him but it certainly would be enough to show that he does not understand why he was banned for a year and is incapable of good judgement.

He was not banned for taking drugs but banned because his taking of drugs brought the game, the game's sponsors, his club, and his club's sponsors into disrepute.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY