Saintsational Vs Demonland results- lost

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

rollinson 65 wrote:
saint66au wrote:Just had a look over at Demonland...a hell of a lot of tyre pumping going on..very pleased with themselves they are. Guess a win is a win but looks like one team took it a whole lot more seriously than the other..to the point of loads of players who association with the Dees, let alone the site, might have been perfunctory at best
not a fair comment, saint66au...

the posts on demonland are a bit quiet and sad, on the whole...

and there were many more non-saints supporters playing for you guys today than there were non-demons supporters playing for us...

big carl would say, I reckon, that the remedy is in your own hands...

no apologies, from our side, for taking it seriously, but our players come from the dees sites, and we have not gone recruiting elsewhere...

Ok rollo, so how many of the Dees draftees played today?

How did Watts go?

I'm sure he was there - given he has been everywhere lately!

And as for that "perfunctory" word - never heard it before today, this is what it means for those like me that had no idea:

1. performed merely as a routine duty; hasty and superficial: perfunctory courtesy.

2. lacking interest, care, or enthusiasm; indifferent or apathetic: In his lectures he reveals himself to be merely a perfunctory speaker.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintjake
Club Player

jsut a thought guys
in these games
are there players with a fair bit of skill
kicking both sides of the body, hitting targets
or is it just a bunch of people who enjoy footy playing?
not ment to insult, i jsut havnt seen one
so i was wondering what the quality was like

HarveysDeciple

don't think we've ever had a coach lol. Our numbers were down but we only had non saints in the second half because we were 12 goals down and no chance. And one of our dees fill ins had a broken arm and played for a quarter. We dont want people worrying about our future. We'll bounce back lol. Wont use team meetings clip boards and shirtfronts though in social footy. But good on the dees.

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:Just had a look over at Demonland...a hell of a lot of tyre pumping going on..very pleased with themselves they are. Guess a win is a win but looks like one team took it a whole lot more seriously than the other..to the point of loads of players who association with the Dees, let alone the site, might have been perfunctory at best
well i guess the dees fans havent had too many wins this season to celebrate!

Go saints in '09!
Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

I might have to fly over to play the next game if we are short of players.
My northern island colleague should be able to cover the cost. I've heard from a reliable source that he makes heaps from ripping off his clients. :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

don't think we've ever had a coach lol
Geeeez dont want to name names, but a tall blonde dude whose nick ends in "4Eva" is gonna come looking for you after that comment I rekcon lol

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

guys, i don’t want to sound dramatic...but i reckon I’m going to die of too many cramps.
my groins, thighs and calf’s are going crazy!
if someone saw me in public they would think i was just in WWIII, i have cramps, bruises, bad sunburn and stab wounds from studs.
il be down at St. Kilda beach from 6-7am tomorrow morning for a cool off/ice bath, then hitting the gym getting ready for the Collingwood game...anyone else going to join me?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Shades
Club Player

lol i did nuffin 2day but get a hell of a lot of sunburn

HarveysDeciple

saint66au wrote:
don't think we've ever had a coach lol
Geeeez dont want to name names, but a tall blonde dude whose nick ends in "4Eva" is gonna come looking for you after that comment I rekcon lol
I had him under the captain/ vice captain banner lol. Don't think we have ever had a team address and whiteboard haha.

My only objection is whether Melbourne see these games as the social get together they are, or a contest that must be approached with the fiercest possible desire to win.
Good bunch of blokes, but should a 16 year old kid have stops drilled into his stomach in the ruck, and should people be shirtfronted? Personally I love that stuff, but good luck some young apprentice explaining to his boss why he has 3 broken ribs. Just my two bobs worth. I don't mind the good players being treated like it's footy, just not the kids and hacks.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:jsut a thought guys
in these games
are there players with a fair bit of skill
kicking both sides of the body, hitting targets
or is it just a bunch of people who enjoy footy playing?
not ment to insult, i jsut havnt seen one
so i was wondering what the quality was like
From my experiance Jake its usually a mix of both quality players playing regular footy and blokes like me with no skill to speak of but passion for the cause.

TBH I stopped playing when it became more serious, didnt seem worth it to give up my Sunday to get sunburnt sitting on the bench for 3 quaters. Especially now that I wrestle 3 out of 4 weekends a month I need all the time off I can get! :lol:

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
yipper
SS Life Member

Sounds like there was some crook umpiring!! 8-) I would've fixed that ruck contest up quick smart!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Gday guys cheers for the game yesterday, pity the result was a little lopsided. Despite the scoreline I think us Sainters did alright, in particular in the first and last quarters. Best players in my eyes from memory were #8 candy (forgotten your name sorry mate), shadys quick little mate and probably my mate the CJ lookalike (he loves the comparison btw fellas :P ). Also rollingson, say cheers to your umpire for a yipper quality performance.

Quick question from me is if anybody picked up a st kilda branded footy after the game? Trust me to forget it :oops:

Cheers guys

HarveysDeciple

A few more quick notes...

In the second term, Dan who played in the midfield for us was pursuing the footy on the wing with a guy chasing him, this was in front of the area the extensive dees support staff were sitting and there was a light tower poll near by.

The man coaching Melbourne proceeded to say "Drive him into the poll".

I was just curious as to how many dees players viewed this as a social game.

The above quote is appaling at any level.....let alone park footy for fun.

HarveysDeciple

SaintBot wrote:Gday guys cheers for the game yesterday, pity the result was a little lopsided. Despite the scoreline I think us Sainters did alright, in particular in the first and last quarters. Best players in my eyes from memory were #8 candy (forgotten your name sorry mate), shadys quick little mate and probably my mate the CJ lookalike (he loves the comparison btw fellas :P ). Also rollingson, say cheers to your umpire for a yipper quality performance.

Quick question from me is if anybody picked up a st kilda branded footy after the game? Trust me to forget it :oops:

Cheers guys
I think Brett has your footy.
Was just talking to Zodes online and he sais they saw it after the match and are pretty sure Brett took it home. magnifisaint35 is his username.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

HD ive had a chat with some mates down at collingwood, and they have a game coming up but playing each other, intra club game. they plan to play that on the 17th i think, but are willing to play us early Feb.
so maybe we should play talkingcarlton or puntroadend before them?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
EB
Club Player

Hello all. Figured I might as well register if I'm going to keep playing with you guys!

Harvs I tend to agree with you - having a coach, tactics, playing semi-seriously is one thing but to have guys running past the football just to lay a hip and shoulder seemed a bit excessive for a Sunday kick in the park!

Hopefully I can make it next time, and you can find someone half tall to ruck!

spidoir
Club Player

saintdooley wrote: so maybe we should play talkingcarlton or puntroadend before them?
sounds like you have a bit of a ruck problem.

if you can organise a game between the 19th - 28th Dec you have will have an interstate import at your disposal who can ruck a bit!

i do realise this is highly unlikely though given the closeness to that date already and the impending xmas

"The line 'I'm a mad St Kilda supporter' is one of life's great tautologies, because sanity has never been a requisite to follow the fortunes of the red, white and black"
stevos2009
Club Player

come play talking carlton

and we will smash you

another year of the choke

saints 2009

blues for flag
Saints94
SS Life Member

stevos2009 wrote:come play talking carlton

and we will smash you
nah you's will tank :lol: