Pieces of Moorabbin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Pieces of Moorabbin

Dools got a piece of the Green seating at Moorabbin from Training - anyone else score any cool stuff from the Ole Girls demolition?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Ive posted a question on "Ask Archie" in regard to how the memorabilia from the stands is to be made available (apart from going in and grabbing a piece for yourelf :-))...will let you know his reply :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I am so sad seeing Moorabbin being demolished. Somehow it doesn't seem right that you can just bulldoze so many wonderful memories. My Moorabbin memories will be some of the best in my life, I wish I had of taken more photos of the place and not just the people. Sigh........... :cry: I hope i can some way get a little piece of one of my favourite place.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Ive posted a question on "Ask Archie" in regard to how the memorabilia from the stands is to be made available (apart from going in and grabbing a piece for yourelf :-))...will let you know his reply :-)
You cant go and grab yourself a piece - it is fenced off and therefore would be breaking and entering. We will all have to wait until the pieces go on sale, that is except for the lucky few who got in before they eected the fences

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

If SaintsMedia is perusing this forum today, I have an idea for some PR for you.

The Club should produce some piece of memorabilia of 'the Animal Enclosure' and present it to Mark Fine. Given that Finey is probably the most public 'alumni' of 'the animal enclosure' today (apologies to Russell Holmesby) it's an opportunity to get some positive PR for whatever the Club is wanting to push?
Maybe when the first 'soil is turned' at Seaford?

If they want to take it further then maybe make a similar presentation to any journo who used to cover games at Morrabbin and are still working today.

I was thinking of either a 'paperweight' made out of the concrete wall at the back of the enclosure or some sort of small plaque?

Something that those journalists can look at and remember 'fun times' down at Moorabbin.

GrumpyOne

I'm going to list some pieces of my old back fence tomorrow on Ebay as "Moorabbin Memorabilia". :wink:

Don't tell anyone. :lol:

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:If SaintsMedia is perusing this forum today, I have an idea for some PR for you.

The Club should produce some piece of memorabilia of 'the Animal Enclosure' and present it to Mark Fine. Given that Finey is probably the most public 'alumni' of 'the animal enclosure' today (apologies to Russell Holmesby) it's an opportunity to get some positive PR for whatever the Club is wanting to push?

If they want to take it further then maybe make a similar presentation to any journo who used to cover games at Morrabbin and are still working today.

I was thinking of either a 'paperweight' made out of the concrete wall at the back of the enclosure or some sort of small plaque?

Something that those journalists can look at and remember 'fun times' down at Moorabbin.
Great idea MM, cheap and effective... I hope SaintsMedia is lurking this thread, perhaps a PM is in order.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:If SaintsMedia is perusing this forum today, I have an idea for some PR for you.

Great idea MM, cheap and effective... I hope SaintsMedia is lurking this thread, perhaps a PM is in order.
Excellent thought Armoooo- I just pm'd them with a copy of my post.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

With all due respect, bugger the journo's, they are the first to stick the boots in. How about the thousands of fans who endured the 70/80s. The fans deserve it more. And I imagine most would be happy to pay. I know I would. If they turn't that wood and cement into paper weights, they could make endless memorbillia and no one would miss out. It could go toward funding Seaford, that would be nice.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:With all due respect, bugger the journo's, they are the first to stick the boots in. How about the thousands of fans who endured the 70/80s. The fans deserve it more. And I imagine most would be happy to pay. I know I would. If they turn't that wood and cement into paper weights, they could make endless memorbillia and no one would miss out. It could go toward funding Seaford, that would be nice.
that would be better than just framed pieces

Bit like the boot jack I have made from a Bay 13 seat from mcg
Last edited by saintbrat on Thu 22 Jan 2009 5:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:

Yep, good idea.

In fact, you could give some bits and pieces of the old players' training room to past players...like the #35 locker (or at least the door of it) to Harves.

Would be a nice touch.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

I agree with Bev - the supporters deserve it better than the reporters

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

agree with Bev. I just wish Id got to my evil plan earlier to gas axe my seats out of the stand. I was seriously going to do it 2 years ago. Maybe common sense got the better of me, maybe the GF got the better of me. Either way, too late now.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I took this photo from inside the score board, last game against fitzroy

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Image
Oh wow..thats a truly superb pic

Is that the biggest file size you have or is there something I could have to blow it up to framing size?

If you dont mind of course :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

Is that the biggest file size you have or is there something I could have to blow it up to framing size?

unfortunately no, is 3 pics joined together by photoshop.

If I find the originals I will do it again in a larger file format...and sell them :twisted:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
saint66au wrote:

unfortunately no, is 3 pics joined together by photoshop.

If I find the originals I will do it again in a larger file format...and sell them :twisted:
Good idea mate, sell it to the Club for a L2 seat :idea: :wink:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Good idea mate, sell it to the Club for a L2 seat :idea: :wink:
:lol: im hearin ya.

goodie
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote:
saint66au wrote:Ive posted a question on "Ask Archie" in regard to how the memorabilia from the stands is to be made available (apart from going in and grabbing a piece for yourelf :-))...will let you know his reply :-)
You cant go and grab yourself a piece - it is fenced off and therefore would be breaking and entering. We will all have to wait until the pieces go on sale, that is except for the lucky few who got in before they eected the fences
Not to be pedantic, wait that's my default setting, it'd be trespassing unless you damaged the locks/fencing to get in

redemption

goodie wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
Not to be pedantic, wait that's my default setting, it'd be trespassing unless you damaged the locks/fencing to get in
and then I'm pretty sure you'd get done for theft as well! It does seem you can make a request for items at reception...

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

redemption wrote:
It does seem you can make a request for items at reception...
has anyone actually tried this method yet? :D
Last edited by saintbrat on Fri 23 Jan 2009 2:12pm, edited 2 times in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I've been to Moorabbin twice for a look since the demolition began....

Whilst i'm interested in watching it come down ,i have no real interest in taking any of that junk home....

The photos i've got will be enough....

When i stand at the boundary fence and look back at the Huggins stand
it makes me wonder how that decrepit,built on the cheap ,part of the stand is allowed to remain.....

It is an eyesore nowadays as well,i can't see how that building will survive for the remaining term of the lease.....

Maybe once StKilda moves to Seaford,providing that deal doesn't fall through,then maybe the council will condemn the Huggins stand...What will StKilda do then regards the pokies....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
redemption wrote:
It does seem you can make a request for items at reception...
has anyone actually tried this method yet? :D
sounds like you had inside info redemption....
good move
Ask Archie 23/1/09
If you have an interest in a particular part of the grandstand, please don’t hesitate to contact our Merchandise Manager, Dale Christie on dalec@saints.com.au who will be more than happy to inform you about the Club’s plans for that piece.
could be the busiest stand at the intra club- people requesting their seat.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

We took the shovel to the Fitzroy game. There's some Moorabbin turf growing in the backyard of our old house. Should have taken it with us.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

I remember thinking at the last game at Moorabbin " I'd like to take home a piece of turf, but will I look silly doing so?"
Turns out, everybody else had the same idea. I only grabbed small 'clod' but others were going nuts & cutting out huge slabs!
I still have that dried up piece "memorabilia" -believe it or not.

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972