Why is has membership dropped in the last 3 years

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chook23
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:It's pointless asking us diehards that bother to find and talk about the Saints on an unofficial forum what is wrong.

We generally bleed for the club, go often to games, always buy memberships regardless.

If the club wanted to address this vital issue, they'd survey members that have dropped off since 2005 as to why they haven't re-signed.

Only then will we know the real answers IMO.
But if there is rumblings amongst the diehards...............

who defend/deny/bleed etc.......

we have issues......

the on the fence type have/are already speaking ......dropping off their membership

saint4life
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:It's pointless asking us diehards that bother to find and talk about the Saints on an unofficial forum what is wrong.

We generally bleed for the club, go often to games, always buy memberships regardless.

If the club wanted to address this vital issue, they'd survey members that have dropped off since 2005 as to why they haven't re-signed.

I typed this in the sticky re membership...
St Fidelius wrote:Just to let you know....

Two weeks ago, the Club has emailed and sent direct mail out to over 35,000 homes who haven't joined as yet or have had their membership lapsed over the past 3 years.
Good to hear, and may get us a few lapsed members back.

But many thousands will open it, think about it for a few minutes/days etc, and not bother.

My issue is finding out the "why", that's all.

Agree 100% with chook's post that it is an issue and we have issues no doubt about that.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

I typed this in the sticky re membership...
St Fidelius wrote:Just to let you know....

Two weeks ago, the Club has emailed and sent direct mail out to over 35,000 homes who haven't joined as yet or have had their membership lapsed over the past 3 years.
Good to hear, and may get us a few lapsed members back.

But many thousands will open it, think about it for a few minutes/days etc, and not bother.

My issue is finding out the "why", that's all.

Agree 100% with chook's post that it is an issue and we have issues no doubt about that.
Yeah, maybe the email component could have included a survey :idea:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Longwayfromhome
Club Player

35,000 letters sent out. Lapsed members my arse.
We have been signed up since November last year and we got five letters this week asking us to sign up. How many other letters have been sent of to paid up members ? THE CLUB HAS NO IDEA.
Whoever they have signed up as our membership department needs the flick. Get some one in who knows what membership is all about. People want to be a part of something special. What are we offering ?

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
Solar
Saintsational Legend

is a similar to question to

why do supporters go to the football just to abuse their own players?

(serious question)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Because we play boring, ineffective football
Because our "young guns" of 2004 have failed to deliver (excepting Roo and BJ). These guys gave the club a huge profile and are now GOPs
Because on the rare occasion that we're in the media, it's Ross Lyon putting the audience to sleep
Because we're a middle of the range side. We're not challenging for a flag and we're not going through the 'rebuilding process' that excites so many these days

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Is there a dedicated person/team looking after membership at the club, do we know?

May only be a small thing, but I would also like to see more noise about our club throught the various media outlets. Getting some players with personality and a sense of humour out there, would surely be a good thing especially to appeal to the younger fans who would like to hear from their hero's sometimes? We tend to persist with some players where a media personality is not their best attribute?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i will always be an interstate member at a minimum.
i will always expect it to go up $5 in price every year.
i will always expect us to be 'nearly' there for final september day action.
i will always expect to get cheap ass china made absolute crapola in my membership package (basically 105 bucks for a sticker and a ticket to a port game every year,... and like getting a ticket to a port game is hard :roll: )
i will always expect us in some way to always be in the news with someone making some dumbass decision behind the scenes.

i will expect us to not win a flag by the time ive hit 40 (four years)

agreed......membership dept is second rate.
richmonds cocktail thing sounds like a good idea, although something a little less formal would be a bit more comfy and not so 'BUSINESS' like...

oh
plus,...we are a soft side. :?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote: IS ANYONE ACTUALLY LOOKING FOWARD TO GOING TO THE FOOTY AGAIN THIS YEAR? ANY HOPE? ANY FRIGGIN EXCITEMENT WHATSOEVER ?

I agree with nearly all the points in this entire thread, but Im still looking foward to getting back to the game for 09 and supporting the saints.
Of course, I can't wait. I'm that keen that I've been to both of our matches thus far in 2009.

However, I'm rather concerned about certain things within the club and it hurts a bit to see what's happened.

I want the Saints train to re-gather the momentum...we've all done the 'down' years and now we're 'up', I want to see the club do everything possible to make the final grab for on and off-field glory - and I want the fans to feel a part of it.

Surely not too much to ask?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

IMO people just got very disillusioned with the club & it's inability to not implode. Put simply we all thought the pain was finally over & we would reach the promised land. For whatever reasons that didn't happen & many just though 'here we go again'.

I'm one of the suckers that signs up year after year no matter what. It's the fickle ones that make or break a club unfortunately & the current & previous administrations haven't done enough to keep them financial.