Bring on Freo - something's bound to happen.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Bring on Freo - something's bound to happen.

Whether it be an umpire marking the ball, the siren not sounding and the game continuing, umpires colluding on planes, or a kick after the siren to win the game - St. Kilda vs Fremantle games have the tendency to throw something crazy in the mix.

It's not even worth speculating over, because it's bound to be something crazy, but don't discount top of the ladder being beaten by a team with 0 wins, ending the 18 straight "saturday night at the dome" record.

We must continue to be relentless, not rest on our laurels, and punish freo in a manner that only they (and possibly Collingwood) deserve.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Lets just THUMP'EM !!!! I would love to murder them by 100 plus points.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Sainterone
Club Player

What's our biggest winning margin ever?
We owe them - something to remember...

GO SAINTS

NICK RIEWOLDT - 444 GOALS FROM 200 MATCHES
STEPHEN MILNE - 440 GOALS FROM 216 MATCHES
matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah i know what will happen...
we'll record our biggest winning margin against freo, that's what 8-)
which is only currently at 43 points and was the last time we played them (aug 08)
we'll spank em by 70

Beej
Saintsational Legend

chickens. hatch. count. don't.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ive already fried the eggs and whacked em between two bits of bread with mayo and pepper

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

This is a danger game.

Similar to us v Hawthorn and v West Coast last year. Win and get pumped up before we lose to a poor side.

We need to win this by over 50. If we do, we might see the competition get a little shakey.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

we have to kill freo! because i think next week we will be paying about $1.50 vs Port $2.30....but seriously, we never beat them there! the TAb odds may be favouring us and make us look good, but our history is very very poor against them at Aami. 12 years and still no win against them there, lets hope that will change next week!

and when did port come into the comp, was it 97? we beat them in 97 and not since, things rnt looking good :?
GO SAINTS

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Moorabbin Saints wrote:This is a danger game.
People were saying that this week too. I've watched parts of all three of Freo's losses and I don't think much of them. I think West Coast is the better team. Outside of Hasleby, McPharlin, Pavlich and Sandilands, they're a very ordinary side. They've got a few other players capable of big games (Johnson, Mundy, Palmer, Tarrant) who aren't consistent with their performances.

I don't care if they come out firing after a trio of losses. They lack our talent and depth. They struggle to run out games. Their skills aren't great and Harvey explodes their structure at the first sign of trouble. A win is a win - and I'll take any win - but I wouldn't expect them to get too close to us. Maybe at Subi if we came out flat, but not at the Dome.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

RL will keep the team in check - they're not going to get ahead of themselves.

Personally I think the Saints will kill Freo, and give Port a black eye on the scoreboard to think about.

The real crunch game will be the Doggies the following week. Then we'll really know where the team's at.