Moorabbin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints94
SS Life Member

Loyal wrote:i reckon the vibe is that we are stayin' at Moorabbin.
Believe what you want mate.............. where still moving to Seaford :wink:

Loyal
Club Player

the closer the demolition is to completed the further away frankston is.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasnt the deal been signed, sealed and delivered. (Sainter)

Loyal
Club Player

Moorabbin

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Loyal wrote:Moorabbin
TOSSER

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:the closer the demolition is to completed the further away frankston is.

Yep sure is, tenders have gone out plan's approved for seaford. At this stage it's not changing and very unlikely to due kingston council ect ect.

Like it or not it's gone too far now seaford is it get over it and movve on it's not changing.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Go Sainters Go wrote:Loyal, why don't you get onto Kingston Council and sought them out, instill some commonsense into them. All the experts couldn't get those idiots to do something for the benefit of the community. This matter, incidently has been flogged to death, but Loyal, you might be smarter than all the experts.
Spellcheck is no substitute for paying attention during English :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Credit to you Loyal.
I don't think a troll has been undetected for 254 posts before

Bring back the Lockett era
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Love your passion Loyal.

I also feel all is not lost at Moorabbin.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
casey scorp
Club Player

Well well well.

I couldn't believe it when I stumbled across this little thread.

Lots of support for staying at Moorabbin, and very little crap from the pro-Seaforders. But eventually they woke up too, and they've gone for the good old assassinations rather than deal on merit (which isn't surprising as Seaford has no merit).

I posted and posted, and got belted and belted. Welcome, pro-Moorabbin redevelopment supporters.

I hope that the sentiment being expressed in favour of Moorabbin has some solid backing.

It is by far the best option available for the Saints.

Stephen Theodore wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasnt the deal been signed, sealed and delivered. (Sainter)
I don’t recall the celebratory media release saying it’s all signed off with the Frankston Council. Lots of spin, but no real substance so far.

ausfatcat wrote:……tenders have gone out plan's approved for seaford. At this stage it's not changing and very unlikely to due kingston council ect ect.

Like it or not it's gone too far now seaford is it get over it and movve on it's not changing.
All the working drawings have been completed, and tenders called only about a month after the planning permit was finalised?

Possible……if they took the gamble and raced on ahead of knowing whether there would be appeals and what the VCAT outcome would be. I doubt they would be so foolish as to invest in working drawings needed for tendering, prior to the certainty that the project had jumped all hurdles.

BTW, is the lease signed off yet at Belvedere Park (which is sort of essential to have in order to be able to award a tender to a builder isn't it)?

Loyal
Club Player

looking at it from all angles one would be very surprised if we now moved away from moorabbin.
a moorabbin re-development represents the most potential for growth of our club.
with a re-development of the site at linton street we get an elite facility in an elite location.
moorabbin needs to be re-developed into a waverley-style arrangement.
there is a groundswell of support for linton street to be re-developed into an elite facility.
i live in frankston and believe that the project was handled poorly by frankston council. we should have been given frankston park regardless of cost.
i believe there was a conspiracy from frankston council regarding the general manager of the frankston dolphins that stopped the move to frankston park.
the only available realistic opportunity for growth of our club rests with re-developing linton street.

GrumpyOne

Loyal wrote:looking at it from all angles one would be very surprised if we now moved away from moorabbin.
a moorabbin re-development represents the most potential for growth of our club.
with a re-development of the site at linton street we get an elite facility in an elite location.
there is a groundswell of support for linton street to be re-developed into an elite facility.
i live in frankston and believe that the project was handled poorly by frankston council. we should have been given frankston park regardless of cost.
i believe there was a conspiracy from frankston council regarding the general manager of the frankston dolphins that stopped the move to frankston park.
the only available realistic opportunity for growth of our club rests with re-developing linton street.
Are all your previous 256 posts as hopeless as this one?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Hey Loyal...why dont you pose the question to Michael Nettlefold on SaintsCentral?

He can give you the definative answer and perhaps put all your conspiracy theories to rest eh?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Saints94
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:Hey Loyal...why dont you pose the question to Michael Nettlefold on SaintsCentral?

He can give you the definative answer and perhaps put all your conspiracy theories to rest eh?
Exactly or start a petion or something?................

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

It's not that loyal wants it to stay at Moorrabbin it's that he thinks it will.

There is no chance that the saints will redevelop linen house it done no chance for a revival

Seaford is pretty much locked in (not 100% thou) but even if that deal falls through the saints will go else. Moorabbin is not a option wether or like it not it's not happening.

Duggie1
Club Player

The great Robert Harvey leaves no doubt in his book where his heart lay (lies) and many others too. :lol:

Always a Saint
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Duggie1 wrote:The great Robert Harvey leaves no doubt in his book where his heart lay (lies) and many others too. :lol:

So wont change the fact's kingston council doesn't want the saints and we can't afford to stay there, I am sure the players felt that way also in 65 when they moved there from junction oval.

Marcus1232
Club Player

Yes his heart lies with the team and his heart will go wherever the team goes :lol: :lol:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:
Duggie1 wrote:The great Robert Harvey leaves no doubt in his book where his heart lay (lies) and many others too. :lol:

So wont change the fact's kingston council doesn't want the saints and we can't afford to stay there, I am sure the players felt that way also in 65 when they moved there from junction oval.
Players were very happy to move in '65. Don't here any support from the playing group this time.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Players were very happy to move in '65. Don't here any support from the playing group this time.
Selective hearing, reading players have said numerous times they are excited about the new training facilities at seaford

Loyal
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:Love your passion Loyal.

I also feel all is not lost at Moorabbin.
you weren't going to post in my threads mate that was the deal... :x :)

Loyal
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Players were very happy to move in '65. Don't here any support from the playing group this time.
Selective hearing, reading players have said numerous times they are excited about the new training facilities at seaford
money is better spent at moorabbin

Loyal
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
Loyal wrote:looking at it from all angles one would be very surprised if we now moved away from moorabbin.
are you being genuinely sarcastic?

Saints94
SS Life Member

Loyal wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
are you being genuinely sarcastic?
No he is serious :wink:

Loyal
Club Player

saint66au wrote:Hey Loyal...why dont you pose the question to Michael Nettlefold on SaintsCentral?

been a while since i was on saints central now that i have an excuse.

i understand that there was a political collision between frankston council and the GM of the dolphins, brian mase. by conspiracy i simply meant that to have been an agenda-setting breakdown.

brian had said to me that "as a stand-alone VFL club they all want to put s**t on you". meaning: he was very much against the saints moving to frankston park and forcing him out. he stood firm and the council suggested an alternative. the alternative being belvedere park. the cost blowout was a line.