How are the NSW scholarship's going?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

How are the NSW scholarship's going?

We've got four of them on the list: Duncan, Ferguson, Murphy, and the newly appointed Widmer...

Does anyone have any idea where they are up to?

Are any looking like they could be elite players? Or just GOPs?
Obviously very early to tell, but I'm sure there may be some posters out there that may know much more than most!

Also, what years to we get to pick any of these fellas up? As far as age goes, Widmer and Duncan are 17. Ferg and Murphy are 16...

ace
Saintsational Legend

A club can have up to 3 extra special status (former NSW scholarship holders) rookies in addition to 6 normal rookies.
NSW scholarship players must be promoted to at least rookie after the year in which they turn 18.
St Kilda has 2 special status rookies, one nominated rookie (in place of a second veteran) and 6 normal rookies.

Josh Duncan and Ted Widner turn 18 in 2009 so the club must decide to promote them at least to the rookie list for 2010.

The club will be able to do this as Haretuku will lose his special status as a former NSW scholarship holder.
At the end of this year Haretuku must be promoted to the senior list or face both the main and pre-season drafts.
If no other club takes him St Kilda can reclaim him (pre select) as a normal rookie (for one more year only) before the rookie draft begins.

Kane Murphy and Jackson Ferguson turn 18 next year so they may be promoted to at least the rookie list for 2011.

However St Kilda can only have 3 special staus rookies on their rookie list at one time.
To retain all 4 for 2011 at least one would have to be promoted to the senior list or be counted as a normal rookie.

At that time Blake McGrath will lose his special status as a former NSW scholarship holder and be subject to the same process as Haretuku.

St Kilda can still award one more kid a NSW scholarship this year.
It would be best if he did not turn 18 until 2011.
The club will probably take their time on this one as that makes him quite young.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA