Red, White and Black in Glenelg

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Red, White and Black in Glenelg

Just got back from a week in downtown Glenelg just out of Adelaide where I had great pride in wearing my saint Jacket as often as possible ...especially in the heart of Adelaide 8-)

Enjoyed the Freo game in the Dublin hotel with a saint SA supporter and we both sang the song at the end ...loud and proud!

A great start but this week I'm hoping someone can wear the colours on the other side of town just as proudly...

We owe them bigtime... :roll:

If you haven't been to Glenelg...or Adelaide which we hadn't believe it or not!! Just get there...an absolutely brilliant place to have a holiday...

The saints remaining undefeated was just icing on the cake :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Ice Wolf
Club Player

Re: Red, White and Black in Glenelg

saint patrick wrote:Just got back from a week in downtown Glenelg just out of Adelaide where I had great pride in wearing my saint Jacket as often as possible ...especially in the heart of Adelaide 8-)

Enjoyed the Freo game in the Dublin hotel with a saint SA supporter and we both sang the song at the end ...loud and proud!

A great start but this week I'm hoping someone can wear the colours on the other side of town just as proudly...

We owe them bigtime... :roll:

If you haven't been to Glenelg...get there...an absolutely brilliant place to have a holiday...

The saints remaining undefeated was just icing on the cake :twisted:
I stayed in Glenelg during a business trip to Adelaide, it seemed like a nice town.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

which Glenelg?
the glenelg in adelaide by the beach or the one where my school went on camp to?
the cheer squad is staying in Glenelg, Adelaide this weekend so the red, white and black will be everywhere in that area.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:which Glenelg?
the glenelg in adelaide by the beach or the one where my school went on camp to?
the cheer squad is staying in Glenelg, Adelaide this weekend so the red, white and black will be everywhere in that area.
The beautiful beach area Dooley...was swimming yesterday...sigh :cry:

Hope they paint the town Red,White and Black on friday night :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

you said Glenelg is just out of Adelaide??? is it?
i thought it was an outer suburb, but still in Adelaide?
i wouldnt have a clue because i dont live there, but yeah. interested to know.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
LennyBoy
Club Player

Glenelg is by no means in the outer suburbs. Located about 20 mins from the City, it is a modern beach side suburb. Sorta like St Kilda in Melbourne very nice and plenty of things to do.

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Whatever happened to Glenelg Iot?

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

You are all dyslexic,

You have the spelling of the suburb backwards.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
If you haven't been to Glenelg...or Adelaide which we hadn't believe it or not!! Just get there...an absolutely brilliant place to have a holiday...
You are taking the piss surely!

Adelaide is a pissant town, if Glenelg beach is the best they have to offer then FAIR DINKUM, absolute hole of a place and what's worse it's full of South Australians.

Someone would have to pay me a lot of money to even consider going to that dump, I'd rather go to any city in the country before setting foot in Adelaide.

No prizes for guessing where Alexander Downer and Amanda Vanstone come from!

Adelaide a brilliant place for a holiday....................perleeeeeeeeeeze, are you testing out material for a stand up routine?

:P

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Loyal
Club Player

is there a St. Kilda in South Australia?

Snakeman66
Club Player

Loyal wrote:is there a St. Kilda in South Australia?
Yes.

Beachside area north of Adelaide

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
saint patrick wrote:

Adelaide is a pissant town, if Glenelg beach is the best they have to offer then FAIR DINKUM, absolute hole of a place and what's worse it's full of South Australians.

Someone would have to pay me a lot of money to even consider going to that dump, I'd rather go to any city in the country before setting foot in Adelaide.

Adelaide a brilliant place for a holiday....................perleeeeeeeeeeze, are you testing out material for a stand up routine?

now i understand why nearly everyone thinks youre a tosser....

and yes SA does have a st kilda...its a complete s*** hole in the scummiest parts.
has a big man made play area with giant slides and a wrecked fake ship made from timber doen by the mangroves.
its where smackies go to have fun.

savatage
SS Life Member

Well umm...apart from B4E's interesting views, I tend to agree with the rest of you - Glenelg is a really nice place. Chapel Street meets St.Kilda perhaps?

Loyal
Club Player

Loyal wrote:is there a St. Kilda in South Australia?
Snakeman66 wrote: Yes.

Beachside area north of Adelaide
matrixcutter wrote:and yes SA does have a st kilda...its a complete s*** hole in the scummiest parts.
has a big man made play area with giant slides and a wrecked fake ship made from timber doen by the mangroves.
its where smackies go to have fun.
sounds like a bit of a dangerous area :shock:

doristhesaint
Club Player

Glenelg is a s*** hole Adelaide is a s*** hole South Australia is a s*** hole. take out its fishing and they have got nothing going for them :twisted:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

come on. Adelaide isnt that bad is it? :lol:
i go there every year for footy and the only 2 places i go to are Glenelg and Rundle Mall in the city. IMO those 2 places are keeping Adelaide alive.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

How about Adelaide's St.Kilda? Talk about the end of the earth. And my daughter thinks St.Kilda Park is a great place to take the kids. She has been in Adelaide too long.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Glenelg isnt bad for a few days away. Stayed there for the weekend of the Adelaide match a few weeks back.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
saint patrick wrote:

good place if you are a serial killer.... :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:come on. Adelaide isnt that bad is it? :lol:
i go there every year for footy and the only 2 places i go to are Glenelg and Rundle Mall in the city. IMO those 2 places are keeping Adelaide alive.

what????..........too young for hindley street....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.