stanley looked good

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JABBER
Club Player

stanley looked good

Stanley looked good for Sandy when he come on he still is a long way of seniors but showed the tallent his got

Lynch also kicked a big goal in the first quarter against the wind I thought
Heyne and Conners had quiet days and X has to lift his workrate to force his way back Begley also played good across half back

trevor barker
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

how did armo do? (if he played)

stanely and mcevoy look like a possible long time ruck duo. that is awesome news.

savatage
SS Life Member

Armo had a quiet first half - worked his way into it in the second. Did a lot of great in close work.

Rhys Stanley has all the athleticism in the world. Once he fills out, will be a great ruckman & good around the ground.

Begley was very good across half back.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:Armo had a quiet first half - worked his way into it in the second. Did a lot of great in close work.

Rhys Stanley has all the athleticism in the world. Once he fills out, will be a great ruckman & good around the ground.

Begley was very good across half back.
cheers thanks for the report.

Foz
Club Player

Stanley at one stage was keeping up with the midfielders and laying tackles. Very similar to the Youtube videos of him playing for SA - lots of following up his own ruck work. Macca has advantages of physique and more damaging up forward at this time. Stanley will be a very mobile option in the future.

Howard got in the best players and did a few nice things - his disposal let him down at times, pace unquestioned. Decsion making skills would be the main issue.

Heyne crashed a few packs and did okay. The left foot will be damaging when he puts it all together, sometimes his decision making was a little off. Early days though. Played mostly on the wing.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I like the look of Stanley

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
bigmicka
Club Player

what's up with Blake McGrath?

Know he is a few years off, but 208cm and still growing, he could be a force.

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

In 5 years time Stanley will be an absolute super star.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Stanley certainly looked like a good athlete for his size. McEvoy got better around the ground as the match went on. I think both of them have a long way to go in their ruckwork though. I couple of good preseasons in the gym and spending some time pitting themselves against King and Gardiner should help a lot.
I also thought Begley was one of the better Saints. X was doing ok but not busting a gut. Goose looks fit but needs to get match fit and some confidence.