Public Holiday? Pies v Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SideshowMilne
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:The reason it is on a Monday is the day prior happens to be Mother's Day.
no the reason its on Monday night is that the AFL hope it (TV) rates its arse off. Screw attending fans and clubs gate takings, its money money money all via advertising and enhancing the salability of the next TV rights.

The AFL talk often about growing the game, its all about growing their fat and hairy bottom line.

How does friday night games tv coverage finishing beyond 11pm grow or promote the AFL.

We all think we have a great draw, and if we make the granny who'll be arguing. But its a really crap draw for fans and free to air saints games. The one saving grace about this game is that it will be F2A and not the lose lose 4.40pm sunday slot; crap for both 'at homers' and 'at gamers'.

lovedal26
Club Player

does anyone know which end will the cheersquad be for the collingwood game? thanks

nick dal santo #26
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SideshowMilne wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:The reason it is on a Monday is the day prior happens to be Mother's Day.
no the reason its on Monday night is that the AFL hope it (TV) rates its arse off. Screw attending fans and clubs gate takings, its money money money all via advertising and enhancing the salability of the next TV rights.

The AFL talk often about growing the game, its all about growing their fat and hairy bottom line.

How does friday night games tv coverage finishing beyond 11pm grow or promote the AFL.

We all think we have a great draw, and if we make the granny who'll be arguing. But its a really crap draw for fans and free to air saints games. The one saving grace about this game is that it will be F2A and not the lose lose 4.40pm sunday slot; crap for both 'at homers' and 'at gamers'.
Yes they hope it rates its arse off so they can get more money for the next TV rights so they can keep clubs that otherwise would be out of business. Sounds like a good idea to me.

ace
Saintsational Legend

The AFL would be happy to play games simply for TV.
Think of the advantage, no spectators means no need to spend money building grandstands, crowd control etc.
The oval could be enclosed by advertising.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

This night sucks for me - I work afternoon shift so I cant go to the game. Just as well its an away game or i would be wasting my membership ticket.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

I think I could possibly be being petty here BUT...

Is the AFL catering to Collingwood putting this Monday night game after a Colligwood play on a Friday and us on the Sunday. I'm not talking about player recovery, but preperation wise. A lot can be done in 2 days from a recovery and coaching perspective. I probably wouldnt mention it if was Saturday and Sunday.

Not saying this as an excuse, Sunday to the Monday for us is still a large break. Just not surprised it's Collingwood coming off Friday.

saint3d
Club Player

It's no more of an advantage than we have over the Bulldogs this round.