Pressure!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Pressure!!!!

We were on a hiding to nothing this week - the dogs were there to win - they always thoght they had a big chance - they left 110% on the field and still came up 5 goals short - The were chock full of confidence hoping to beat a team they believed were pretenders!

Did anyone know that it was Brad Johnsons record equalling game for the Dogs - I did - but the cheer squad for the Doggies did not acknowledge it - preferring to go with a cheap quip about us being on top.

Last night was the proving game - the one that knocks the rough edges off - the one that makes the boys into men - last night made some b@lls drop! Aside form round 14 - I dont think here is a team that will pressure us more than the dogges did last night!

As for the accuracy - we were forced to find a way to goal - forced out of our comfort zone - forced to kick from 2-3 metres further out - and forced to kick quickly - all things that would have made us doubt ourselves in days gone by - last night - we did it - and kept doing it - knowing through sheer weight of attacks - some would get through - and they did - and they did!!!! (intentional repeat)

Would you rather have seen us chipping it in to the forward 50 when we were 55 out and have the 15 or so doggies run it out setting up an attack - I think we played the perfect game for the pressure that we had applied - we attacked and attacked - and if they left % on the field - we left 115%

Boys and Girls - you are witnessing a very good and tough St Kilda team!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

it wasn't a good game. not flowing and the saints on reinwoldt too much in this game.

bigmicka
Club Player

For breakfast?

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
Loyal
Club Player

if we keep using third gear like that we will blow up faster than a mouse in a microwave.

yipper
SS Life Member

Our team is indeed a very good team. Well drilled and disciplined. And they are tough, much tougher than previous seasons as they have grown into men now. Mentally fragile no more. They are hardened, experienced campaigners now. This is the most impressive Saints team I have seen in years.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Did anyone spot Milney's tackle on Ben Hudson in the 3rd quarter?

FEARLESS!!!

Sobraz
SS Life Member

bigmicka wrote:For breakfast?

mic
my cornflakes were abit soggy this morning...

carnasaints55
Club Player

what was the bulldogs banner?

roo=god
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

carnasaints55 wrote:what was the bulldogs banner?
The Saints are all smiles
As they think they are tops
But the dogs are on a
"Mission Logo"
To make their smiles drop

No reference to Johno's record equalling game - smacks of fear to Me

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
d roit
Club Player

i just loved gilberts tackling. so many times he just came in and levelled a player, kind of like his tackle on kerr in 07

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
carnasaints55 wrote:what was the bulldogs banner?
The Saints are all smiles
As they think they are tops
But the dogs are on a
"Mission Logo"
To make their smiles drop

No reference to Johno's record equalling game - smacks of fear to Me
Sorry I was wrong - Johno became the 2nd highest game player yesterday - so maybe the banner was fine - lol

― Aristophanes