Dale Thomas

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Half forward flanker on a team that's struggling is a great place to go "in and out of games".

Plenty of talent. Unlikely to be a consistent performer until he's in a role with consistent opportunity. Were I coaching Collingwood, I'd swap he and Marty Clarke around as Clarke's got plenty of talent, but simply hasn't been playing long enough to develop the smarts to be in the playmaker type role.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

jonesy wrote:"Great chips!"
LOL! :lol: Very clever. And apt.

He's had a very ordinary time this year. I wonder if he's taken his eye off the ball, so to speak. But I don't think I'm alone in saying he was a genuine excitement machine last year. I found myself wishing that we had a 20-year-old as dynamic as him.

I got my wish. Jarryn Geary.

claystreet
Club Player

Loyal wrote:how about his mother on the footy show the other week. OMG they breed 'em good in druin and that....
Careful i have lots of family in Drouin not Druin and they can actually spell.

:lol:

St.Damo's Fire
Club Player

starsign wrote:front runner !
great, flash /flamboyant, when its all happening for them but
not around when the going gets tough and the tough get going!
LOL and we have 22 of the direct opposite at present
Couldn't agree more. Takes the big grab or kicks the flashy goal when things are up and running for them, but when things are tough, just like his team mates...he goes missing.
His true value to them is that he brings in the 13 year old girls memberships to the club, not much more.

Loyal
Club Player

claystreet wrote:
Loyal wrote:how about his mother on the footy show the other week. OMG they breed 'em good in druin and that....
Careful i have lots of family in Drouin not Druin and they can actually spell.

:lol:
sorry, my bad.
note to self: do not target anyone's mum on saintsational.com :lol:

Sobraz
SS Life Member

I actually think Thomas is an alright player, and not nearly as soft or outside as he is made out to be...

Sure he does go missing, but he works pretty hard from what ive seen, and has little support... Collingwoods second tier is horribly overrated and shallow, so if its not Pendles, Thomas, Davis or Swan, its noone...

Thats the best thing about us this year... Guys like Ray, Jones, Geary, Mini etc have made life so much easier for Lenny, Dal, Monty et al, so they can perform week in, week out...

Loyal
Club Player

he has the makings of a GOP but he just needs to do the work.
if he is so serious about earning what they pay him he needs to get into that gym and do legs three times a week.
what would frustrate me is seeing that his body shape has remained the same.