crap bombers forum

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

crap bombers forum

http://www.bomberblitz.com/forum/index. ... 757&st=360

30 pages of drivel about how soft the saints are!

"I have concerns over the quality of teams they have beaten. Sydney, West Coast (in Melb), Fremantle (in Melb), Adelaide, Port and Bulldogs aren't exactly travelling well with Port being the slight exception even though they too are "jekyll and hyde". Only Port and maybe the Bulldogs are likely to play finals this season.

Time will tell I suppose bu they've had a charmed draw and injury list to start the year. I look at them now and don't hink they can improve. They're playing at their optimum level now.

The other slight concern I have with them is the amount of "recycled" players they have. King, Gardiner, Schneider, Ray, Dawson and Gram represent a quarter of their side. History shows not more than 2 or 3 recycled players play in premiership teams at one time. I have serious doubts they can step up collectively when finals roll around. Just my opinion."

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

He is right, we haven't beaten anyone above us yet.

And he forgot to mention one of our recyled players...........STEPHEN MILNE FROM ESSENDON

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Im actaully getting sick of the ''you havn't beaten anyone good'' line. Its bulldust, and utter crap. According to this so called logic, the only team 'worth' beating are Geelong, and anyone else isn't worthwhile opposition.

If half the teams went to adelaide twice and won twice they'd be raving about it.

Dogs had only beated Freo, North and Richmond previous to this week, which looks terrible in hindsight.

Carpe Diem
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

We have also been very lucky - everyone we have beaten so far has played their worst footy of the season on the day that they played us - how lucky can you get ??

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Do you reckon they'll still be posting we've beaten nobody after we smash them on Sunday?

Nothing better than 'sticking it up' smug arrogant shyte for brains.

Joey
Club Player

There is a poster on their called McPhee's Dad and all he's been doing is defending the saints. Maybe he's one of us in disguise.

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Yeah I came across this forum last night... i found it so pitiful that I didn't even bother mentioning it on here.

It did help remind me why I hate the thugs though.

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I mean the Dons are crowing about knocking off the Hawks...whose current form has them outside the 8.....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Bombertalk is a little more enlightened. They even seem to think we'd beat Geelong by six goals at the moment.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Bombertalk is a little more enlightened. They even seem to think we'd beat Geelong by six goals at the moment.
whats that forum?

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

The OP has it right. I had a look just for kicks... juvenile rubbish. Don't even waste your time.

Bombertalk seems to have a far higher collective IQ, possibly worth reading for some insight into this week's game.

http://www.bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7514

sainter2631
Club Player

Wait, we haven't beaten anybody good? Lets compare our draws...

Loss- Port Adelaide by 41 points We beat them by 66 points
Win- Fremantle by 38 points We beat them by 83 points
Win- Carlton by 4 points
Loss- Kangaroos by 12 points
Win- Collingwood by 5 points We beat them by 88 points
Loss- Brisbane by 43 points
Win- Hawthorn by 44 points.

Hawthorn are about as in form as Western Bulldogs are at this point in time and nobody is celebrating the excellent form of North Melbourne.

I seriously hate when opposition supporters and journos use the "they haven't beaten anybody good" excuse. I really hope we thrash Essendon on Sunday.

DJKCR
Club Player

Well that was an entertaining 40 minutes with a couple of laughs. Jimmy must be regretting banging on at half time in our first match. At least some people on there are getting some perspective about who we have beaten. Who the hell else do they want us to beat apart from Geelong and Hawthorn. They also keep banging on about us not having any injuries but forget the years where we were fancied but were riddled with injuries but still made Prelim finals. Ahh well I look forward to us "Cementing" our position in the top four for Jimmy to rubber stamp it. If there is a god out there we will win the flag and I will be able to go and read all of that again.

"I don't roll on Shabbas" Walter Sobchak
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Poncho of BomberBlitz wrote:Does anyone else find the Grant Thomas / Josh Fraser situation ironic since Thomas creams himself over one of the biggest pussies ever to play the game in Brendan Goddard?

Watch a St Kilda game. Goddard 'dogs' a contest every week!

AHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

As our local footy coach says when sides are trying to fight us during games, dont get down to their level.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Really good analysis on the Bombertalk forum, better than I could have strung together:

http://www.bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.ph ... 14#p123790

This guy seems to know his team, and certainly has a good read on the Saints:
andrewb wrote:Lyon has the ultimate trump card up his sleeve in Sam Fisher. He reads the play exceptionally well and gets to just about every contest in the backline. His run and disposal are excellent, he's courageous and he has awesome hands. So Lyon plays him as a loose backman meaning you're left with two options - 1. You man him up, thus clogging up your forward line and giving Kosi, Reiwoldt, Milne and Schneider space up forward; or 2. You play your own loose man in defense and hope that he can hurt the Saints as much as Fisher will hurt you.

The only team that has a comparable player is probably Hawthorn with Hodge but the difference between St Kilda and Hawthorn is that as soon as one of your forwards leaves his man to try and pick up Fisher on the rebound, he distributes it to ether Gram, Goddard or Gilbert - all of who are absolutely deadly by foot.

Batnoe

I cant believe that they're so confident

i too am confident, but that comes from the fact we have won 7 from 7, with the best percentage in history after 7th round.

i was going to put $300 on us at over 40 points, i might now increase that $300 and put it on over 60 points

we will smash this mob, they will think they can beat us after beating 3 big Melbourne clubs and this is where they will lose it. I know if you think u are going to win you can be caught unaware but they serioulsy think they are a contender in this game....

Saints by 89

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote:He is right, we haven't beaten anyone above us yet.
True Believer wrote:We have also been very lucky - everyone we have beaten so far has played their worst footy of the season on the day that they played us - how lucky can you get ??
Very good points, before we get ahead of ourselves, we need to find some perspective, we can only hope that our luck continues and that every team we play has a bad day playing their worst footy of the season.

It's not every day opposition teams kick only 4 or 5 goals for a game, so we have been extremely fortunate, even if half of their goals came from charity free kicks and 50 metre penalties.

Personally speaking I have not got a spare millisecond, to read the thoughts of these luminaries who claim we have not beaten anyone yet, I'm talking about your numbnuts from Niddrie, the bong bandits from Broady and the airheads from Airport West as I am more worried about the teams we have yet to play such as Melbourne, Richmond, North Melbourne and Brisbane!

So long as we just focus on who we are playing and take it one win at a time, these windy hill dong bongers can circle jerk all they like!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Epic thread is Epic.

I

Read

The

Whole

Thing.

That thread is absolutely brilliant. Seriously.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

Essendon take risks and turn the ball over alot.
They can get away with that against teams like collingwood and Hawthorn.
Against the saints turnovers are punished, bombertalk etc are a weird bunch..

spert
Saintsational Legend

Having watched a few Bomber games, I would say that their opponents took them too lightly and I saw lots of their second-rung players running around setting up plays without any pressure. I think the pressure we are applying might put a few young Bombers to the test.

saint vince
Club Player

My god I just read that whole thread. I thought we had a bunch of in fighters and back stabbers here. Nothing compared to them. It was actually quite entertaining and funny. I was quite amused by the fact that one bloke just kept mentioning ou "Streak" DVD set. Overall quite funny but agree with some of what they sya it is going to be fun reading on Monday win lose or draw.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Why does anyone care what a bunch of opposition fans think?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

jimmy wrote:Does anyone else in this thread feel like they've just entered a creche?
Ah, yep jimmy... that's a big ten-four... :P

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Why does anyone care what a bunch of opposition fans think?
Because people who only care about the opinions of their own supporters turn into what was put on display in that thread.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!