The Buckley on Life

Loyal wrote:
starsign wrote:loyal wrote:
"It's..." simply means that you are an idiot that is unable to string two words together.
you have be very wrong here because that is exactly what "it's" is ..... ie two words "it" & "is" strung together !!
starsign is a very bright light.

i'm just tired of the age and the way they present their article's. i don't know who 'it is' down there that loves it but they clearly have an issue.
michael voss was the worst at it. i think i counted around four-hundred-and-fifty "It'ss" in one of article's once:
It is quite ironical that in a post bagging others for using the word 'It's' in place of 'It is' you should choose to use the following words/phrases which are clearly either wrong or guilty of the same thing you are complaining about.

I'm - should be I am
article's - should be articles
don't - should be do not
one of article's once - maybe should be 'one of his articles once.?

And that's without even considering the shocking use of puntctuation, grammar, use of capital letters and spelling.

Pretty much a classic exhibition of the pot/kettle/black.

Loyal

Re: The Buckley on Life

the difference is that you are not paying me to read my rubbish.

it's just the word it's that annoys me MM. he uses it like lettuce on a BLT and so did Voss.

Voss only used the word it's because it was easier for him to use the word it's than it was for him to construct a reasonable sentence. it's easier to say that it's good than it is to explain why it's good.
Nathan Buckley wrote:IT'S easier to destroy than it is to create. This is true in life and in football.
this is just nathan buckley being lazy and not wanting to state that the saints were better than collingwood. :wink:

Loyal

Re: The Buckley on Life

Nathan Buckley wrote:IT'S easier to destroy than it is to create. This is true in life and in football.
what self-respecting Individual starts an article with IT'S?

look @ me F.I.G.
i'm the tony roach @ collingwood.

fair dinkum ferret

do u have the eq of a piece of foam fruit?

popping up into this burrow is like serving tadpoles on a skewer

news to me.... :roll: :roll: :roll: It's just a case of you giving me the sh!ts..... :roll:

Here's Buckley's write-up of the Saints from this time last year:

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/w ... e=fullpage
To find their best form, I would like to see someone stand up as a defensive pressure forward to create and disrupt in the Aaron Davey/Cyril Rioli mould, remembering that this is a role every forward is responsible for.

Most of the elements are in place for the Saints and with a little tinkering, they will find their best.
In a word - prescient.

If his lack of vocabulary depth is the worst you can throw at him, I wouldn't be bothered arguing the point. He's got a great footy brain.

Armoooo wrote:This thread has my nomination for worst thread of the year....
If we had a 'top 10' worst threads ladder, Loyal would probably fill most of the spots.

SteveStevens66 wrote:The word "It's" or any other poorly chosen word or expression didn't have to be in the article if the Age had an editor doing what they were paid to do. They have no pride in their own papers and will publish anything, not matter how poorly written or how puerile. The level of print sports journalism in the Age and the HS is appalling.

Even if you hate soccer, log on to read any match report of an English Premier League game in the Guardian, Telegraph or The Times. You will be amazed at how superb the English is and then outraged at the rubbish that is dished up to us in Australian footy journalism.
But they have the advantage of speaking English in England :!:

bungiton

gazrat wrote:fair dinkum ferret

do u have the eq of a piece of foam fruit?

popping up into this burrow is like serving tadpoles on a skewer
Hmm tasty, I saw them do that on masterchef I think!

It's, oops no it is, or is that, It is? nice to share recipes, would you oven bake that or grill it on the stove?

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.

Loyal wrote:starting an article with the word "It's..." immediately means you are an idiot and that you have nothing to say.
voss, suss, used to do it all the time when he wrote for the age. he would say "it's great .. and it's wonderful .. it's really scientific and it's a sign of the future..."
starting a paid presentation with the word "It's..." means that you are struggling for ideas and really have no opinion or ability to adequately express your thought's on a subject.
starting an article with "It's..." simply means that you are unable to put into words a concept of thought.
"It's..." simply means that you are unable to express yourself adequately and/or in a way that represents any value.
"It's..." simply means that you are an idiot that is unable to string two words together.
"It's...." means that you are unable to tie your own shoelaces.
It is?

Cairnsman wrote:If we had a 'top 10' worst threads ladder, Loyal would probably fill most of the spots.
Only the first 11.

id rather listen to buckley than most of the other commentators or 'special comments' men.

i reckon he's got more nouse than loyal anyway

jackal

Bucks should make a good coach and I would have loved to see him at the Saints as an assistant this year. I wouldn't comment on grammar or semantics as they do employ editors at Newspapers!!

....would you oven bake that or grill it on the stove?
actually bung , the secrets in the warmed honey and mesculin filled skewers

the taddies , injected with juice of wild beetroot , softly glazed in tasmanian rock salt and tequila , individually candle warmed , meld with the warmed honey across the taste buds

whilst rarspberry puree ponded frogs eggs , lightly dusted with mountain grown parsnip served on long handled teaspoons pre dipped in egg yolk of locally displaced magpie will charm the most hardened palet and enviromentalist making the perfect second course

Loyal

IT'S understandable that bucks is getting a bit philosophical about LIFE. after all the seven network have broadcast ONE (1) solitary close game since they have had the rights. seriously, every single friday night game that they have broadcast has been a blowout with one exception.
every single FOOKING friday night game is a blowout!! :x