For the first time ever I'm disgusted with the St. Kilda FC

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

For the first time ever I'm disgusted with the St. Kilda FC

I spent $300 on a club membership and have been a member since 1997 and that's despite that fact that since about 2002'ish, I only go to about 2-3 games a year.

Today they tell me that my membership doesn't entitle me to a ticket for the game on the goal coast againsy Melb, because of the compensation game.

On my ticket it says admits to 11 home games.
This is a home game.

I just happen to be at the Goldcoast on the weekend of that game and think that it's disgusting that my $300 ticket for 11 home games doesn't cover this and they want me to fork out more. I don't give a damn about the compensation game, i don't want to go to that, I want to go to this... why don't I have a choice.
I pbly won't even go to it.
I appreciate that they clearly specify this (or so they tell me in the members guidelines), but I don't see why i'm not entitled to a choice

This is the first time, I've ever actually felt cheated by the club. And for the first time ever, I'm going to seriously consider not renewing my membership next season.

I might call the club tomorrow and register a complaint.

What do you guys think?

rexy
SS Life Member

I agree that its not right, you should get the choice IMO. Not the worst thing i have heard of but I see your point.

Maybe this year?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: For the first time ever I'm disgusted with the St. Kilda

skeptic wrote:I spent $300 on a club membership and have been a member since 1997 and that's despite that fact that since about 2002'ish, I only go to about 2-3 games a year.

Today they tell me that my membership doesn't entitle me to a ticket for the game on the goal coast againsy Melb, because of the compensation game.

On my ticket it says admits to 11 home games.
This is a home game.

I just happen to be at the Goldcoast on the weekend of that game and think that it's disgusting that my $300 ticket for 11 home games doesn't cover this and they want me to fork out more. I don't give a damn about the compensation game, i don't want to go to that, I want to go to this... why don't I have a choice.
I pbly won't even go to it.
I appreciate that they clearly specify this (or so they tell me in the members guidelines), but I don't see why i'm not entitled to a choice

This is the first time, I've ever actually felt cheated by the club. And for the first time ever, I'm going to seriously consider not renewing my membership next season.

I might call the club tomorrow and register a complaint.

What do you guys think?
I think you will find every club who plays a home game interstate is exactly the same. Give the club a call and see if they can help you.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

at least find out why the club has decided to go down this road. Perhaps there is sensible reason for this (such as not enough uptake to warrent the cost of opperating the scanners).

Look for an explenation and go as farup as you can. If not you have every right to complaign.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Eleven Game Membership is only $170.

Why exaggerate the price of the membership?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Bernard, it's a social club membership. If i recall correctly the price of that = $290'ish

if that's not right then i apologise and will change it

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Why don't you ring the club and ask to speak to the CEO or the Membership Manager. I'm sure you will get a decent hearing/explanation !!

Halo
Club Player

Why not Go to the Round 22 game against Melbourne & use your Membership for that??

HarveysDeciple

Ridiculous thing to throw your membership away over.

I see your point, and I also just forked out 22 bucks for a ticket to the gold coast game, but the decision makes sense IMO.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

surely its not hard to give you a choice by the club, it would be a case of just retire the bar code for dees home game if you use it

Before Im 85
GrumpyOne

Are you really disgusted Skeptic, or did you just want to boast about the money you spend to support the club and still afford to have a holiday on the Gold Coast?

Forget the match..... after all its just Melbourne. Check out the white pointers on the beach instead and go to the compensation game.

Sunday Red
Club Player

Get a life FFS! The fickle nature of our "supporters" never fails to disgust me.

I would have thought it's a smart decision from the club to give us access to Round 22 instead. Most members (including myself), aren't able to head up for the game, so I look forward to Round 22 instead. You'd think it's logical to please the 20,000 or so members that will go to the Round 22 game instead of the few hundred that will go to the Gold Coast game?

And you're being quite deceptive with your figures. You are CHOOSING to pay $300+ for social club. You get an adult 11 for much less with the same ENTRY entitlements.

Just because you happen to have a holiday at a time the club is playing on the Coast doesn't mean you should have the gall to hang the club out to dry over what I imagine most members would think is a sensible decision!

8-0, absolutely flying, playing dynamic footy and some people can still find something to bitch and moan about :roll: :lol:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Sunday Red wrote:Get a life FFS! The fickle nature of our "supporters" never fails to disgust me.

I would have thought it's a smart decision from the club to give us access to Round 22 instead. Most members (including myself), aren't able to head up for the game, so I look forward to Round 22 instead. You'd think it's logical to please the 20,000 or so members that will go to the Round 22 game instead of the few hundred that will go to the Gold Coast game?

And you're being quite deceptive with your figures. You are CHOOSING to pay $300+ for social club. You get an adult 11 for much less with the same ENTRY entitlements.

Just because you happen to have a holiday at a time the club is playing on the Coast doesn't mean you should have the gall to hang the club out to dry over what I imagine most members would think is a sensible decision!

8-0, absolutely flying, playing dynamic footy and some people can still find something to bitch and moan about :roll: :lol:
See this kind of post boggles my mind.

First of all, i'm not saying it's the greatest injustice in the world.

Nor does how we're playing footy impact this

I guess i look at the figures differently to you. I guess I thought the club would treat me well. Especially considering, i use very little of my entitlements and the main reason of my membership is to support the club

I'm not asking 20000 members not to get their compensation game. There'd be what, 5000 members making the effort to go up... the club can't afford to many throw this in as a bonus game safe in the knowledge that most members won't go to all 11 home games anyway

How the hell am I hanging the club out to dry???!! What the hell is wrong with you. I'm a paid up member. I jumped on when we needed members and I've stayed through the hard times.
I don't think it's such a bad thing for a desperate club to treat its members well rather than milking them for everything their worth.

HD, it's a fair enough point about the membership... i doubt i would have not renewed anyway, I'm just angry.
I guess the naive part of me wanted to think that the footy club wants to take good care of the members rather falling into the corporate suit of sucking them dry

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

ANd for the record I'm not going up for a holiday but to see a sick friend you clown

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I don't see what the issue is skeptic.....you buy an 11 game membership for a MELBOURNE based club so you get all your games included in MELBOURNE.

If you want a more inclusive membership, the 16 game membership includes ALL SAINTS MELBOURNE BASED games.

Clubs NEVER include interstate games in membership packages, unless you're an interstate member.

I can't see why our club should tailor memberships based on how many games you've been to and make exceptions - it's too hard and time consuming!

Sunday Red
Club Player

skeptic wrote:
Sunday Red wrote:Get a life FFS! The fickle nature of our "supporters" never fails to disgust me.

See this kind of post boggles my mind.

First of all, i'm not saying it's the greatest injustice in the world.

Nor does how we're playing footy impact this

I guess i look at the figures differently to you. I guess I thought the club would treat me well. Especially considering, i use very little of my entitlements and the main reason of my membership is to support the club

I'm not asking 20000 members not to get their compensation game. There'd be what, 5000 members making the effort to go up... the club can't afford to many throw this in as a bonus game safe in the knowledge that most members won't go to all 11 home games anyway

How the hell am I hanging the club out to dry???!! What the hell is wrong with you. I'm a paid up member. I jumped on when we needed members and I've stayed through the hard times.
I don't think it's such a bad thing for a desperate club to treat its members well rather than milking them for everything their worth.

HD, it's a fair enough point about the membership... i doubt i would have not renewed anyway, I'm just angry.
I guess the naive part of me wanted to think that the footy club wants to take good care of the members rather falling into the corporate suit of sucking them dry
You're hanging the club out to dry with comments like "I feel cheated" and "I will seriously consider not renewing" and "I may not even go to the Gold Coast game".

As far as I see it, the club has two choices:

- Deem the Gold Coast game as one of the 11 home games and bad luck if you can't make it up, you only get 10 this year!
- Switch the entry entitlements for Rounds 12 and 22 so the supporters in our biggest market can benefit most and those who happen to be on the Coast (like yourself), can just fork out the $20 at the gate for an extra game of footy, just like you would at any away game in Melbourne.

I don't even know if the club has the ability to provide a choice and if so, it would probably be a nightmare to work through with the AFL.

gottaluvit
Club Player

what a twit. Bet you feel pathetic after that OP.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Sunday Red wrote: You're hanging the club out to dry with comments like "I feel cheated" and "I will seriously consider not renewing" and "I may not even go to the Gold Coast game".
So because I'm not happy with the service/package and have expressed as much, I'm hanging the club out to dry!!??
what kind of logic is that?

Even if i don't go, and don't renew my membership, I've still been a paid up member for 10 years. Forgive my righteous tone, but I think I've done a lot more for the club then it has for me.

I know that's not the point, but there's no way I'm hanging the club out to dry

GrumpyOne

skeptic wrote:ANd for the record I'm not going up for a holiday but to see a sick friend you clown
So you would leave your sick friend suffering whilst you took in a footy match? Tsk tsk.... shame.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

gottaluvit wrote:what a twit. Bet you feel pathetic after that OP.
my god, how is this even called for!!??

you must be a very balanced, wonderful person to start randomly throwing insults out to ppl who are airing grievances.

you think i'm being stupid, fine that's your opinion, but why the nastiness???

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
skeptic wrote:ANd for the record I'm not going up for a holiday but to see a sick friend you clown
So you would leave your sick friend suffering whilst you took in a footy match? Tsk tsk.... shame.
actually grumpy, i wasn't referring to u but to the poster implying that i was being cheap whilst being able to afford a holiday.

i'm not going to spend an entire 3 days inside a hospital

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Well it seems this thread is off in all kinds of directions.....

:lol:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

skeptic, you said "I jumped on when we needed members and I've stayed through the hard times."

In the OP you said you've been a member since 1997. Did you sign up after we looked like we might play in a granny?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
GrumpyOne

skeptic wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
actually grumpy, i wasn't referring to u but to the poster implying that i was being cheap whilst being able to afford a holiday.

i'm not going to spend an entire 3 days inside a hospital
Sorry mate..... the cap fitted. :wink:

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

If you think it through it is reasonable. I don't imagine that to many of the 30,000+ Saints members will be coming to the Gold Coast for the game. You don't miss out, you still get free entry to the next game we play against Melb). If you weren't coming up here you would probably think it was a good way to do it.

Hey I'm a full member and lliving interstate I am lucky to see 3 games live a year, stop complaining.

Qld Saints Supporter Group