Ball Disposal

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ark
Club Player

We looked tired today. Bombers adjusted well after Q1. Luke Ball looked tired and slow.

Either - we learn and this is one of our lesser games.. or..

The mindset of the team and the way they still attacked the ball carrier suggests they will keep learning.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

widereceiver wrote:I love Luke Ball's balls, he is as tough and hard as anyone else playing.

My criticism of his play is he always props after a mark or free kick. 9 times out of 10 this gives our opponents a chance to settle in defence and punch the ball clear of our key forwards.

I think he thinks he's still at Xavier, where he had the luxury of those seconds.
totally concur.

he stops and always looks unsure - Ball IMHO needs to play more on instincts...at times hes looking for the prefect options but holds it up.

such a shame his disposal will never be penetrating.

“Yeah….nah””
Richter
SS Life Member

mad saint guy wrote:I know people will hate me for bringing it up but Jones again showed why he's not quite there. When we're really being challenged he's on the end of a beautiful break away from a centre clearance, has plenty of time and space 35m out from goal on his preferred side and he puts it out on the full. A few minutes later we're clearing it from defence in a good clean movement and have Geary on in the middle. Jones kicks it straight over his head to Geary's opponent.
Yes, you have picked out his two glaring errors. However, he also set up a couple of goals with accurate disposal inside 50. I actually think that his disposal has improved markedly since last year.
Though I think the real reason Essendon hung on for so long was because we just hadn't played a side that played on and ran the ball so well. We had no answer for the pace and skill of Lovett, Davey and Dempsey. Their running the lines meant that we could never properly hold Essendon up and clog up the midfield and get numbers around the ball.
True. We used to struggle against West Coast in their pomp for the same reason - Cousins, Kerr and Judd ran rings around us.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Great win agaainst an inform side no matter were a side is rated overall if there in form they are dangerous. It was also a perfect game to put preasure on a few of the apparent fringe players. Dawson stood up again which was fantastic and only the know nothings would suggest he played poorly.

As for Madsaintguy what exactly do you think Jones job is? If you dont know by now maybe you shouldnt comment. At the moment Jones would be the inform tagger in the AFL and his part in the teams revival this year cant be underestimated.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL