Aisle attendants..why one might not be back next week...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Aisle attendants..why one might not be back next week...

Couldnt resist telling the story of the Aisle attendant up on the MW last evening. A few on here witnessed the sory Im about to tell, so feel free to correct/add to my story as applicable :-)

The MW is unique as far as reserved seating goes. We dont have a whole bay of it, just the front 6 rows. This means that the aisle attendant actually has to do his/her job properly, explaing to punters as they come up the steps with just GA tickets that they cant actually sit in all those nice empty seats in Rows A-F.

What doesnt help is ES' weird decsion to put "reserved" signs on the underneath of each aisle seat..which even when flipped up makes them impossible to see from the actual aisle..making said attendants job just that much more important.

Now..after politely telling about 20 people who were trying to sit there that our row is reserved, I just casually remarked to our attendant for the day that "you might like to tell your bosses sometime that you cant read those reserved signs unless you bend down and stand on your head" The response I got was quite interesting "Oh you St Kilda supporters are the biggest pack of whingers Ive ever met..why dont you go and ring Neil Mitchell and complain to him"

O....K :shock:

That was just the beginning

Once the game got underway, it transpired that this bloke was a big Bombers fan, and started barracking accordingly!!. All a bit of fun you might think..until with the game blown open in the first 20 mins, he starts roundly telling off the MW regulars near him for "being too cocky"!! Said regulars told him that perhaps he should stick to doing what he's paid to do and barrack a bit less

Comes quarter time and into the second quarter, the barracking continues, and and one of our own decides to have a word with him and tell him again to do his job. Attendant then cracks it and yells that he is "getting his supervisor to sort us out" at half time

Comes half time and yes, supervisor duly arrives...has a chat to said supporter (who is a SS regular too I might add!) agrees with his side of the story..and beckon our Hero attendant out the back for a word.

Didnt see him after 1/2 time.

All in all very bizzare. OK he was a Bombers fan, no crime against that, but to carry on like a fervent fan while ignoring people who are arriving late and trying to sit in reserved seats??

Oh and his personal hygeine was severely lacking too..do they have showers at the ground? :?

At last report I heard someone was gona ring ES and complain about him this morning..

Anyone else got any strange staffing/attendant stories at our ground??lol

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Re: Aisle attendants..why one might not be back next week..

saint66au wrote:OK he was a Bombers fan, no crime against that,
On this point we will agree to differ!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Every time I "work" an AFL game it reminds me of how I should NOT behave when I'm a member of the crowd.

Goes out the window at the 2 minute mark usually the next week :oops:

Have some funny stories but can't really share them. Here.

Don't work/won't work Collingwood/Carlton games anymore.

Worst supporter category this year was at Skilled the other day when a Cat "fan" carried on a treat in front of the Roos cheer squad because they called Mooney a dog for the one he eventually got rubbed out for.

The bloke was hysterical because while they were 40 odd points up, oppo supporters (being cheer squad) dared hang sh1t on Moons.

Collingwood and their mob, don't start me... :lol:

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Iceman234 wrote:Collingwood and their mob, don't start me... :lol:
No..please do go on, Iceman.
I'd love to hear your stories about the Filth supporters... There's not enough good humour in here these days.
It'd make a pleasant change from the usual G.T vs Lyon; Butterss vs FF bickering.
At least it's a subject that everyone here could enjoy.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Now..after politely telling about 20 people who were trying to sit there that our row is reserved, I just casually remarked to our attendant for the day that "you might like to tell your bosses sometime that you cant read those reserved signs unless you bend down and stand on your head" The response I got was quite interesting "Oh you St Kilda supporters are the biggest pack of whingers Ive ever met..why dont you go and ring Neil Mitchell and complain to him"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i can just see the expression on ur face when something in the back of ur mind clicks and says "WOW this guy has issues... maybe i'll look over there"

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:Collingwood and their mob, don't start me... :lol:
No..please do go on, Iceman.
I'd love to hear your stories about the Filth supporters... There's not enough good humour in here these days.
It'd make a pleasant change from the usual G.T vs Lyon; Butterss vs FF bickering.
At least it's a subject that everyone here could enjoy.
Nope not here, some people like them...

My ratings of oppo supporters though based on my experience...

Worst - Collingwood, closely followed by smug Carlton supporters, who actually generally know less about football than the Pies supporters. Both have an uncanny ability to start fights among themselves.

Space >>>>>>> to Essendon - who, when they start the fights, go about it much more tactfully, and back out making it look they were the victim - big :lol: to a mate who follows this forum from the Bombers...

Geelong - FFS get out of the way of Bomber if they lose. I was at the game in 2007 (rd 4 or 5) when Bomber had recently had his tentative contract extended - and they got done by the Roos. I posted here that the Roos were the real deal :oops: , and that game started the 50/53 streak.

But that day, if you can find me a Cat's fan who didn't want to execute Bomber, then I'll go hee.

Anyway....beer time

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Ben Hall will probably hate me saying this, but you should email him about the behaviour or lack of attendance by aisle attendants and a their clear lack of customer service and meeting their contractual obligations.
I've been harping on about the problems with Aisle 38 for the past two years, and once again our attendant left half way through the last quarter.

Ben on behalf of the club needs this information in order to approach Etihad Stadium management re the ongoing isssues, so send it to him now.

And if that doesn't motivate you, think about the $125 000 the club has just coughed up to Collo and friends. We're getting slugged $125 000 and the robber barons of Melbourne Stadiums Limited still can't provide sufficient security for supporters.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:Ben Hall will probably hate me saying this, but you should email him about the behaviour or lack of attendance by aisle attendants and a their clear lack of customer service and meeting their contractual obligations.
I've been harping on about the problems with Aisle 38 for the past two years, and once again our attendant left half way through the last quarter.

Ben on behalf of the club needs this information in order to approach Etihad Stadium management re the ongoing isssues, so send it to him now.

And if that doesn't motivate you, think about the $125 000 the club has just coughed up to Collo and friends. We're getting slugged $125 000 and the robber barons of Melbourne Stadiums Limited still can't provide sufficient security for supporters.
Funnily enough trace, one of the things this attendant told me before he ran off the rails and turned into a Bomber feral was that they are paid for 4 1/2 hours, but if the crowd is considered small enough to not require X amount of attendant staff, they are dismissed after 3 hours and lose 90
mins pay

Given that this fella prolly clocked on 15 mins prior to gate opening (at a guess) , thats 2.15pm + 4.5 hours = 6.45pm..yep about 3/4 time!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:The MW is unique as far as reserved seating goes. We dont have a whole bay of it, just the front 6 rows.
i think that's the same all over level 3. just the front few rows are reserved.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
saint66au wrote:The MW is unique as far as reserved seating goes. We dont have a whole bay of it, just the front 6 rows.
i think that's the same all over level 3. just the front few rows are reserved.
the "wing areas" of level 3 have reserved seating at the front..yes you are right :-)

What I really meant to say is that the MW bay is St Kilda yearly reserved seating so, an we tend to know each other, its much easier to spot folk who inadvertantly try and sit there not knowing its reserved (cos the signage is crap)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Don't know -about daylight to the Bombers fans, there always appears to be plenty of agro at their games and they are remarkably one-eyed. They scream like lunatics for holding the ball if one of their players gets within the same postcode as an opposition player in possesion of the pill !! :roll:

Had my first confrontation at a game for quite a while on Sunday evening, as is usual it was a Bombers game. This dill laughed out loud & heartily whenever there was a Saints error, turnover or simply something less than perfection. He actually struck me as someone that would have laughed and cheered had one off our boys been stretchered off or done a knee. The final straw was when Roo had a mark spoiled up against two defenders and moron screamed "you're s**t Reiwoldt". At this stage I informed him "you must be kidding" (or words to that effect :wink: ). I also informed him that Roo would be a ranked ahead of the entire Essendon list, but conceded that Roo was not in the same class as Lucas.

I cheered when Roo got a 50 in the last quarter for being dumped after a mark. Moron screamed disagreement and I pointed out (quite politely :wink: ) that he was dumped after marking by an opponent not in the contest. This genius then wanted to argue about why it was called a 50 when they were only 15 out from goal ! :shock: By this time Roo had slotted it through and I suggested that he call it whatever he wanted, I would be calling it a goal !!!

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Quixote
SS Life Member

That guy sounds like a prick - but not nearly half as bad the Bomber supporters I was surrounded by on L1!

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Essendon supporters are scum. As some know we on the Gold Coast watch the game at the Mermaid Beach Surf Club. We have had quite big crowds this year, most week around the 50 mark or more. Very rarely do we have apposition to deal with. However, last week there was a big table of Essendon supporters, great. The support for the Saints seem to go up a level, all but 2 Essendon supporters left 20 minutes into the first quarter, yes, the first quarter, how pathetic!! :roll:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
GrumpyOne

Saint Bev wrote:Essendon supporters are scum. As some know we on the Gold Coast watch the game at the Mermaid Beach Surf Club. We have had quite big crowds this year, most week around the 50 mark or more. Very rarely do we have apposition to deal with. However, last week there was a big table of Essendon supporters, great. The support for the Saints seem to go up a level, all but 2 Essendon supporters left 20 minutes into the first quarter, yes, the first quarter, how pathetic!! :roll:
Is that the club that has the big glass windows looking out over the beach?

One hot day last year my missus had to almost break my arm to tear me away from that window. Some really nice flesh on display out there. 8-) 8-)

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:
What doesnt help is ES' weird decsion to put "reserved" signs on the underneath of each aisle seat..which even when flipped up makes them impossible to see from the actual aisle..
On the Dockland wing, Aisle 12, the front 3 rows are AFL reserved seating for forward scouts, assistant coaches/coaches doing forward scouting. The 'Reserved' signs are draped over the back of the first seat in each row - easier to see. :shock:

Would that attendant be a tallish skinny fellow ??

Hold your ground :shock:
Loyal
Club Player

surely there has to be a better solution in being able to recognise the area than a couple of daggy things on the bottom of the seats?
how could there be a better system of identifying the area as MW?
surely there could be a coreflute sign at the front of the ailse on the fence that reads: 'FRONT SIX ROWS ARE RESERVED SEATING'

Footy Classified - NO ROOM FOR THE, who farted?
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I have heard the Saints member didn't bother to contact Jihad Stadium.

Apparently the supervisor was very professional and helpful and the supporter gave him all the information and the supervisor looked as though that this is a common occurance with the nuffie in question (or so I have heard).

Rocket Science qualification is not a prerequisite for employment as an Aisle attendant, or so I have been told :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

MCG-Unit wrote:
saint66au wrote:
What doesnt help is ES' weird decsion to put "reserved" signs on the underneath of each aisle seat..which even when flipped up makes them impossible to see from the actual aisle..
On the Dockland wing, Aisle 12, the front 3 rows are AFL reserved seating for forward scouts, assistant coaches/coaches doing forward scouting. The 'Reserved' signs are draped over the back of the first seat in each row - easier to see. :shock:

Up until last week we did have a "reserved" sign draped over the back of each aisle seat, but they would have to get someone to collect them at 3/4 time. Obviously another cost cutting measure.

Yes, the attendant (I use that term very loosely) was a tallish skinny fellow with greying hair. He certainly wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed that's for sure.

thehandbrake
Club Player

Was surprised with how mouthy the Essendon supporters were. Spose that's what happens to an arrogant mob when they get a sniff of possible success after a few years of shiteness.

Anyway, enjoyed this reparte with some hothead Essendon supporter towards the end of the match- As he left (early), kept mouthing off "Who have you beaten?? Who have you beaten??"

Response: "You, for one! Now pi$$ off!"

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

snoopygirl wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
saint66au wrote:
On the Dockland wing, Aisle 12, the front 3 rows are AFL reserved seating for forward scouts, assistant coaches/coaches doing forward scouting. The 'Reserved' signs are draped over the back of each aisle seat - easier to see. :shock:

Up until last week we did have a "reserved" sign draped over the back of each aisle seat, but they would have to get someone to collect them at 3/4 time. Obviously another cost cutting measure.

Yes, the attendant (I use that term very loosely) was a tallish skinny fellow with greying hair. He certainly wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed that's for sure.
Hopeless if that's the case..... I will find out this week whether that 'cost saving measure' is also being implemented on the Dockland wing Aisle 12 reserved seating

If it's the tool I'm thinking of, he has worked on the opposite wing, and generally tries to be talkative to patrons. Obviously I've never seen him at a Bombers match :shock:

sainter35
Club Player

Even if the supervisor did act on your complaints at the game, I'd still contact the events staff co-ordinators with the location and what happened. They would be very interested to know.

saintnat
Club Player

we should all be happy aznd get along good likr not all my family some go for another club and essendonm i hate saints are best

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

saintnat wrote:we should all be happy aznd get along good likr not all my family some go for another club and essendonm i hate saints are best
:shock:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

sainter35 wrote:Even if the supervisor did act on your complaints at the game, I'd still contact the events staff co-ordinators with the location and what happened. They would be very interested to know.
Done..whilst discussing the arrangements for the Carlton game with a Ticketing Manager (see seperate thread btw) I brought up the incident. She was appalled and will pass it on to the relevant people

Oh and on the reserved seat signs, yes the Stadium had to find alternatives to the slip-over sleeves as they were getting stolen(100 uses around the house :shock: ) They are aware that the signs where they are under the seats arent very visible and are looking at other options

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:
Oh and on the reserved seat signs, yes the Stadium had to find alternatives to the slip-over sleeves as they were getting stolen(100 uses around the house :shock: ) They are aware that the signs where they are under the seats arent very visible and are looking at other options
:shock: What? Perhaps getting their staff to do their job competently?