So was Gram dropped???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
The_Dud wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
The_Dud wrote:we needed a token Aboriginal player in this round...?
What a dumb comment! Stick to abilities and not race.
JOKE
Unfunny - considering you are always on Jimmy and Raphs case.

Can be construed of bigotry.
unfair

the only reason i'm only on their 'case' is cos of their skin colour...

felixleo
Club Player

Pi** off you neanderthal and Gram was apparently sore after last week coping a corky.

Are you gonna be the one?
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:unfair

Add in you rip roaring joke - and apparently that seems to be the caes.

You said it mate.

Oh I see another piece of champagne comedy :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Not the funniest thing I've ever read but surely not inappropriate during indigenous round.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

You said it mate.

geez, i think my obviously tongue-in-cheek comments say more about those who take it seriously and get 'offended' than me

get your hand off it...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

You said it mate.

geez, i think my obviously tongue-in-cheek comments say more about those who take it seriously and get 'offended' than me

get your hand off it...
Oh you are killing me....

top billing at the Comedy festival next year :roll: :roll:

Oh BTW I'm not "offended". I haven't ever been subjected to racial abuse and pathetic demeaning racist jokes.

Mabye Raph or Jimmy may find it offensive. Hows about you grow some plums and go tell you rip roares to their face you internet hero turd.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
The_Dud wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

You said it mate.

get your hand off it...
Oh you are killing me....

top billing at the Comedy festival next year :roll: :roll:

Oh BTW I'm not "offended". I haven't ever been subjected to racial abuse and pathetic demeaning racist jokes.

Mabye Raph or Jimmy may find it offensive. Hows about you grow some plums and go tell you rip roares to their face you internet hero turd.
so, you're obviously gonna keep your hand on it...?

felixleo
Club Player

Sorry to the Dud if it was only in fun but sometimes its hard to see satire on this site.

Are you gonna be the one?
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:To teach him to bloody well kick the thing and not shank it 4 out of five times.
Yep this year his kicking has been extremely ordinary and last couple of games remarked that he would be extremely close in getting dropped.... :? then heard he was ibjured thought maybe thats why, evidently not...

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

he was dropped because he is average...better yet shti...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
undecided
Club Player

Gram wasn't even named for sandy, was he?????. Did any actually see him play with there own eyes.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Hinted at in another thread by a poster who usually has good mail that Gram needs to pull his head in after hours this week. Might give the explanation for his dropping....

Bring back the Lockett era
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

python wrote:If the option was there next week, raph or gram, id go gram 100 percent of the time,
who says it has to be one or the other?

we had a number who were worse than raph today and missed gram badly i thought.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

He was dropped because he didnt do a good recovery but after today he is straight back in the side.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:He was dropped because he didnt do a good recovery but after today he is straight back in the side.
one would think so.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Whatever the reason, let's hope he makes the most of his opportunities when he is back...we do need him, I hope he appreciates the fact.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

undecided wrote:Gram wasn't even named for sandy, was he?????. Did any actually see him play with there own eyes.
Gram did run out for Sandy yesterday. Kicked a goal but I didnt see him play. Source VFL website

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
fingers
Saintsational Legend

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews ... 39149.html

CONFUSION surrounds the reason St Kilda dropped Jason Gram from the side that defeated the Brisbane Lions yesterday, after the defender was a late inclusion for the Saints' VFL affiliate, Sandringham.

Gram was listed on the Saints' team sheet on Friday as omitted due to injury but when the final line-up was released before yesterday's game, Gram was out with no reason as to why he was replaced by Raphael Clarke.

The 25-year-old, who was battling a left thigh injury during the week and could not join a complete training session at Moorabbin on Thursday, hobbled a lap of the ground at training with his thigh heavily strapped before he returned to the change rooms.

On the day, Saints officials said he had only bruising to the thigh and would be right to play yesterday.

Sandringham found out yesterday morning that Gram was a late inclusion. He tallied 19 possessions but the team lost to the Cats.

A club spokesman said last night that he was not "100 per cent certain" why Gram had been omitted and the Saints' football department did not return The Age's calls.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:he was dropped because he is average...better yet shti...
Really! Must be taking a leaf out of some of your latest. That is very ordinary.

Another opportunity awaits!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

undecided wrote:Gram wasn't even named for sandy, was he?????. Did any actually see him play with there own eyes.
he was in the best for sandy.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews ... 39149.html
Query over Gram omission
Andrea Petrie | May 25, 2009

CONFUSION surrounds the reason St Kilda dropped Jason Gram from the side that defeated the Brisbane Lions yesterday, after the defender was a late inclusion for the Saints' VFL affiliate, Sandringham.

Gram was listed on the Saints' team sheet on Friday as omitted due to injury but when the final line-up was released before yesterday's game, Gram was out with no reason as to why he was replaced by Raphael Clarke.

The 25-year-old, who was battling a left thigh injury during the week and could not join a complete training session at Moorabbin on Thursday, hobbled a lap of the ground at training with his thigh heavily strapped before he returned to the change rooms.

On the day, Saints officials said he had only bruising to the thigh and would be right to play yesterday.

Sandringham found out yesterday morning that Gram was a late inclusion. He tallied 19 possessions but the team lost to the Cats.

A club spokesman said last night that he was not "100 per cent certain" why Gram had been omitted and the Saints' football department did not return The Age's calls.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:To teach him to bloody well kick the thing and not shank it 4 out of five times.
Stats tell me that Raph only had 2 disposals that didn't hit a target yesterday. Classic Raph, both were clangers, and one of them a spectacular one.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
thirty-seven!?
Club Player

On AFL.com

Saint Gram's VFL run due to lack of preparation

ST KILDA defender Jason Gram is in line for a recall to the senior side this week after impressing for Sandringham in the VFL.

Gram was originally named in the squad of 25 to take on the Brisbane Lions but was replaced by Luke Miles on Friday night. Miles was named an emergency, while Raphael Clarke took Gram’s spot in the 22.

Gram had battled with a thigh injury in the week leading up to the game and St Kilda General Manager of Football Greg Hutchison says the Saints felt he was best suited to having a run in the VFL.

“Early in the week his preparation wasn’t quite where we thought it would be to get him to the line for the weekend,â€