The response to 9 straight? Drop half the team!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

The response to 9 straight? Drop half the team!

Just as well we are not losing! On my count, here is the list of players who, it has been suggested by some in the last few weeks on Saintsational, should be dropped or should have been dropped:

Steven King
Jason Blake
Steven Baker
Zac Dawson
Stephen Milne
Kosi
Clinton Jones
Jarryn Geary
Raphael Clarke
James Gwilt
Andrew McQualter

I apologise if I have missed anybody's favourite whipping boy. Nick Riewoldt missed a couple of goals on the weekend and Nick Dal Santo had a relatively quiet first three quarters, so I suppose they will be next.

All I can say is that we must have good depth!

Ice Wolf
Club Player

You missed the Schneiderman :lol:

Loyal
Club Player

... and everyone laughed at someone suggesting that players need rest.

geelong are one (1) injury [to bartel] away from being a very, very good team if GAJ went down with another ankle.

Footy Classified - NO ROOM FOR THE, who farted?
vacuous space
SS Life Member

perfectionist wrote:All I can say is that we must have good depth!
We've got Max, Maguire and Gram all playing twos. I know you don't rate Max, but a lot of us do. Trying to figure out how to get him back in is tough. It's been a very even contribution over nine weeks. We could easily wind up with no change again. I noticed that RL said 'before the break' for Max. So Max could be toiling for another few weeks in the V.

There's also a lot of younger talent playing twos as well. You've got our last three first rounders all stuck there. All of them could reasonably be expected to play AFL if they weren't playing for such an awesome team. You know it's got to be killing Lyon having Eddy stuck in the V. Miles has been an emergency forever.

I'd say our depth is pretty reasonable. I'm not sure whether we could drop half our team and still win. A change or two might not be disasterous though. You never know, it might even freshen us up. It might get our feng shui pointing in the right direction (or however that stuff works).

Yeah nah pleasing positive
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Great post, puts it into perspective....

People will have good and bad weeks, I do not think any of the players mentioned have been consistently awful.

In fact there is even a few favourites that have probably strung together a few more average games than the ones mentioned, but no-one is calling for them to take a rest....