Dempster fit and available!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

James
Club Player

I know X is gone. He's in italics. But he wasn't getting a game while he was playing.

L. Fisher will probably be delisted. It's a shame, I reckon he could play, but on and on the ball rolls.

It's good to see we're not just a team at their peak. There's a bunch of good youth coming through too.

Brendon Goddard - 2012 Premiership Captain
Loyal
Club Player

Stephen Theodore wrote:Whens he due to return to Sandringham ?
two weeks :lol:
no seriously, he will be back at sandringham when there is no risk. sometime in the next couple of months.

Footy Classified - NO ROOM FOR THE, who farted?
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think Dempster is a bit further away from senior footy than some people think. I think there is a quirk in the VFL fixture that sees Sandy NOT play for 3 weeks after this weekend. If there are NO games to play in, he can't get match fit !!

Loyal
Club Player

Eastern wrote:I think Dempster is a bit further away from senior footy than some people think. I think there is a quirk in the VFL fixture that sees Sandy NOT play for 3 weeks after this weekend. If there are NO games to play in, he can't get match fit !!
to be honest he is still probably at least a further 3-4 weeks away.
it's interesting though, everyone says that when you do a knee it's twelve months, well SD has shown that if you have a strong physical core and have a solid belief in yourself then you can get back in less than that.

yipper
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:I think Dempster is a bit further away from senior footy than some people think. I think there is a quirk in the VFL fixture that sees Sandy NOT play for 3 weeks after this weekend. If there are NO games to play in, he can't get match fit !!
Stupid VFL draw!! I think the Sandy two's still run around Eastern - so maybe Dempster will be running around in VFL reserves comp for a couple of weeks.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Loyal
Club Player

yipper wrote:
Stupid VFL draw!! I think the Sandy two's still run around Eastern - so maybe Dempster will be running around in VFL reserves comp for a couple of weeks.
not bad really. the magoos would be good for him to just get some juice flowing. :wink:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Extraordinary recovery.

Stories like his and Goose's are the sorts of things that give a club real spine IMO.

d roit
Club Player

Great work, really appreciated his footy last year so great to see he's on the mend.

Will he play a full game this week? or the standard first half or along those lines?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Wasn't most on here saying Dempster was a wasted pick and we could have done much better than Schneider and Dempster with a young recruit??

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
d roit
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Wasn't most on here saying Dempster was a wasted pick and we could have done much better than Schneider and Dempster with a young recruit??
Relevance? How long ago did these posters say this? Before or after he became an integral part of our defensive make up?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

d roit wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Wasn't most on here saying Dempster was a wasted pick and we could have done much better than Schneider and Dempster with a young recruit??
Relevance? How long ago did these posters say this? Before or after he became an integral part of our defensive make up?
Who cares, it was a question and goes to the heart of the fickleness of supporters.

By the sounds of it you were one of those and i have pricked a nerve 8-)

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
d roit
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
d roit wrote:
Who cares, it was a question and goes to the heart of the fickleness of supporters.

By the sounds of it you were one of those and i have pricked a nerve 8-)
Not really mate, if anything i was always a fan of Dempsters athletic ability with the swans, and by mid-year was of the view that it was a great trade - and that we got schneider for free.

Fickleness shmicklenes, your definately allowed to dislike a player at one stage and then grow to like him. If he plays well, and is important to the team and these two areas are an improvement on past performances well then opinions are allowed to change just like their performance.

I don't see why in a positive thread, you feel the need to bring up a point like that? A simple, "good on ya sean" would have sufficed....

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Sorry i didn't post the way you would have preferred.

From now on i will PM you and get your approval prior to posting :wink:

Lance or James??

d roit
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Sorry i didn't post the way you would have preferred.

Yes, great victory joffaboy.

Your whit and intelligence is only matched by your number of relevant, thought-provoking posts.

Milton66
SS Life Member

MAybe if supporters weren't so quick to write off new recruits before they pull the jumper on, people like Joffaboy would have no reason to comment.

Fairdinkum, even Ray was called a "poor man's Fiora". :roll:

Sheeesh, people want to give Armo a go even though he's done SFA. Where's the logic?

If people want decent posts, they should think about the threads they start in the first place.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
d roit
Club Player

Milton66 wrote:MAybe if supporters weren't so quick to write off new recruits before they pull the jumper on, people like Joffaboy would have no reason to comment.

Sheeesh, people want to give Armo a go even though he's done SFA. Where's the logic?

If people want decent posts, they should think about the threads they start in the first place.
Yes, but then again maybe we should just concentrate on the fact that these players are playing very well, rather than who predicted it and those who didnt...

Milton66
SS Life Member

d roit wrote:
Milton66 wrote:MAybe if supporters weren't so quick to write off new recruits before they pull the jumper on, people like Joffaboy would have no reason to comment.

Yes, but then again maybe we should just concentrate on the fact that these players are playing very well, rather than who predicted it and those who didnt...
Agree.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

d roit wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Sorry i didn't post the way you would have preferred.

Yes, great victory joffaboy.

Your whit and intelligence is only matched by your number of relevant, thought-provoking posts.
tissue? :roll:

Lance or James??

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

it was probably you

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

d roit wrote:

How well is Dempster playing? Please fill me in. :roll:

Yeah Milton66, you are spot on. So many are quick to jump down a players throat even before they have pulled on a jumper for the club.

Now we have a bunch of the usual suspects hailing a bloke who hasn't even played a game after a full knee reco :roll:

So far this week we have had half the team dropped, some n00b demanding the pacey Armo be included, and now we have the hailing of Dempster as the second coming.

Fair Dinkum this forum is full of lame brained cabbages.

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
it was probably you
Have you seen him play on TV yet??

get to a game armchair hero :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
d roit wrote:

How well is Dempster playing? Please fill me in. :roll:

Yeah Milton66, you are spot on. So many are quick to jump down a players throat even before they have pulled on a jumper for the club.

Now we have a bunch of the usual suspects hailing a bloke who hasn't even played a game after a full knee reco :roll:

So far this week we have had half the team dropped, some n00b demanding the pacey Armo be included, and now we have the hailing of Dempster as the second coming.

Fair Dinkum this forum is full of lame brained cabbages.
I was about to write the same. It seems like Dempster has improved with a reco and without playing a game. He is nice player but even when fully fit I think he will only be back up this year baring injury and a real form slump.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
it was probably you

well infact i have however on television you can actually judge how good someone is at kicking the football to you know...which dempster is good at

so if im an armchair hero you are a keyboard hero

emoticon eyes roll thumbs down smartass face

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
it was probably you

well infact i have however on television you can actually judge how good someone is at kicking the football to you know...which dempster is good at

Get to a game and get back to me

You have no credibility about anything football because you dont go to games.

You only can make judgements on what others show you.

As for internet hero - you were the one making disparaging remarks about the warning from Brumby before Black Saturday.

I might make remarks about football, but I dont try to score points off the death and suffering of hundreds and thousands of my fellow countrymen.

Must be a hoot for someone as cool as you that people are dying of Swine Flu - like to make a smartarse comment on that as well?

You deserve rolleyes because of your stupid comments. :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
it was probably you

Get to a game and get back to me

You have no credibility about anything football because you dont go to games.

You only can make judgements on what others show you.

As for internet hero - you were the one making disparaging remarks about the warning from Brumby before Black Saturday.

I might make remarks about football, but I dont try to score points off the death and suffering of hundreds and thousands of my fellow countrymen.

Must be a hoot for someone as cool as you that people are dying of Swine Flu - like to make a smartarse comment on that as well?

You deserve rolleyes because of your stupid comments. :roll: :roll:
and i made a mistake about the black saturday remarks...we all do it buddy...

so you have credibility because you go to games????

just wondering as i couldnt care less really what you think about me or my views, its just funny watching you trying and compare credibility with me

but its ok because you go to games right??? probably have wet dreams dreaming of one day coaching st kilda...

and over the past 5 years ive been to 10+ games...so i do go to games im not fortunate enough to libve in melbourne otherwise i would

then i would become credible like you but until i do i will have to settle for being clueless...

one day, one day