Round 10 Team

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: He may have to improve all those things but that isnt why he didnt play.
Yes maybe the fact that he didn't turn up for that physio appointment didn't help matters.

Did not help him or the team and not turning up is just like not turning up to training IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
rexy
SS Life Member

Not surprised, but I did expect a couple of changes this week.

Thought Gram would come back but as we still dont 100% know why he didnt play and I didnt see him play at sandy I will presume that he did not do enough to come straight back in. Could be a late change though as others have said.

Would have liked to see Goose get a game, there are some questions to be answered around the Goose and I thought this might be the week to seek the answers? Maybe next week? Who knows?

Thought we might debut Lynch, bottom side, just had a day out for Sandy, chance to go away with the senior side, debut without the preassure of all of his friends and extended family in the crowd etc. Just see where he is at?

Maybe this year?
GrumpyOne

Re Gram; Rooey confirmed disciplinary reasons on TFS, but hinted on the possibility of his late inclusion.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

It is clearly very undisciplined by our forward pockets to just roam up the ground - to wander around centre-half back and the centre circle - without putting any scoreboard pressure on at all!
They must think they are in the under 13s! The coach needs to ensure that they PLAY IN POSITION!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
ctqs wrote:
Sobraz wrote:I thought we really missed Grams run and carry last week...

He is clearly in our best 18, and probably sits about 10-12 in our most important players...

Clearly he has stuffed up somewhere along the line... I hope Ross isnt just leaving him out to teach him a lesson, knowing we're only playing Melbourne..

This is a danger game, and our best 22 should be picked for every match...
You have GOT to be joking. For goodness sake.
Sobraz... Our best 22 is picked each and every week FFS...

Gram did not cut it...

He needs to do the team things....

Kicking to a player in a better position...

Tackle ......

Be accountable....

AND

improve his disposal...
He may have to improve all those things but that isnt why he didnt play.[/quote]

so then why is he not playing this week?

spert
Saintsational Legend

Raph out Gram in, I reckon

Solar
Saintsational Legend

esaint66 wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
Sobraz wrote:This is a danger game...
1st versus 16th. If this is a danger game, then every single game in the AFL is a danger game.

Well it's a professional league so any player or team going round is worthy of beating anyone.

On e last whinge though ..... GIVE LYNCH A GAME !!! :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
bit sad that in ranga round they only find one red in BJ (is zac a ranga?).

anyway it's a good side that keep winning. gwilt needs to lift back to his early season form.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

I suspect that the selectors have got it right for the 10th straight week. We'll know soon enough. Go Saints.

older saint
SS Life Member

I think Gram didn't automatically get back in because he made the mistake of giving some else his spot and now he has to take it back .

This is the great thing withthis years team it doesn't matter who is inside the jumper it is what the numberonthe back does or doesn't do that determines selection.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:This is the great thing with this years team it doesn't matter who is inside the jumper it is what the number on the back does or doesn't do that determines selection.
I think you have got it backwards - It does not matter what the number on the back is (ie reputation) it is the player inside the jumper that has to prove whether he is a boy or a man!

BELIEVE OR BURN

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Raph out Gram in, I reckon
I'd be dropping Bakes for Gram. Hate to say it, but he could do with a run in the magoos, imo.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
starsign
Club Player

He may have to improve all those things but that isnt why he didnt play.
so then why is he not playing this week?
According to Roo on the Footy Show his omission was for disciplinary reasons, in that he did not complete the full preparation that is expected of us!
A poster here earlier mentioned him not appearing at a physio appointment, and that could be part of it maybe?