Are we slipping ???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

esaint66
SS Life Member

Are we slipping ???

How many times do you reckon we cleaned up from defence tonight only to turn it over by foot in the centre.

All the things we have prided ourselves on for the frist 9 round went out the door.

*Running (everyone looked flat)
*Team play (no body was willing to help each other out)

It was bloody head-doing at times, but at least we won.

We need to turn players over until we get the right mix, because IMO our style has become stale after 10 rounds and our lack of changes just accentuates this.

10 - 0 is brilliant, dont get me wrong, but jeez we are slipping.

saintly_safes
Club Player

No offence but "Durr" I reallly thought Melboure would have taken us on & made it a real game instead of that bull****.The win was pretty much in the bag but the way the game panned out made it a slap in the face for afl in Queensland & imo we are better than that :cry:

saint3d
Club Player

I'm not sure what game you were watching but I thought the only thing missing tonight was skills. If we'd kicked for goal a bit straighter we might have won by twelve goals without ever actually looking polished.
esaint66 wrote:We need to turn players over until we get the right mix
I've tried to think of a response to that but I'm lost for words.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saint3d wrote:I'm not sure what game you were watching but I thought the only thing missing tonight was skills. If we'd kicked for goal a bit straighter we might have won by twelve goals without ever actually looking polished.
I second that. Who would you like to turn over for goodness sake?

We won tonight, in case you missed it. Doesn't have to be pretty or polished every week, we just have to win by a point or more to get those 4 points.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

We won on the road, pocketed some $$$, and continue to be undefeated...

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:We won on the road, pocketed some $$$, and continue to be undefeated...
Sounds like a good plan.
Plus I've got $5 on Geelong-Melbourne high-low double.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saintly_safes
Club Player

saint3d wrote:I'm not sure what game you were watching but I thought the only thing missing tonight was skills. If we'd kicked for goal a bit straighter we might have won by twelve goals without ever actually looking polished.
You actually enjoyed watching that absolute poor excuse of a game of afl .Ive seen better examples of afl in under fives

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintly_safes wrote:
You actually enjoyed watching that absolute poor excuse of a game of afl .Ive seen better examples of afl in under fives
The only thing slipping is some of our supporters :shock:

starsign
Club Player

the way the Dees set up and played tactically after 1/4 time it was a forgone conclusion , so we were limited somewhat in executing some of our game plan and set plays, but ...whatever, it was new ground again for this group
Again we will come away with the win relatively unscathed! and no doubt take stock from it .

Win-Win for mine!

saint3d
Club Player

saintly_safes wrote:
Ok I'll confess. I'd rather have a team that loses when it doesn't perform at its best. :|

Milton66
SS Life Member

saint3d wrote:
saintly_safes wrote:
Ok I'll confess. I'd rather have a team that loses when it doesn't perform at its best. :|
Gold! Can we be mates? :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
saintly_safes wrote:
The only thing slipping is some of our supporters :shock:
Yep, I agree. I wasn't lost for words, however the few choice words that did come to mind in response to that post may get me a holiday from the forum. :twisted:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Descriptive words that are being thrown around on here at the moment:

Slump, slipping, spiralling, declining

Hardly words that come to mind when describing my saints...

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

I am just waiting for the week that we only win by a point or two. Some members on this forum will have us winning the wooden spoon in '09... :lol:

Scottish Saint
Club Player

Let's look at the facts: we beat Melbourne by 37 points, Geelong beat them by 43. Hardly any difference.

Hawthorn beat Melbourne by 22 points, the Bulldogs by 7, Adelaide by 17, West Coast by 8.

Melbourne have not been getting smashed this season.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scottish Saint wrote:Let's look at the facts: we beat Melbourne by 37 points, Geelong beat them by 43. Hardly any difference.

Hawthorn beat Melbourne by 22 points, the Bulldogs by 7, Adelaide by 17, West Coast by 8.

Melbourne have not been getting smashed this season.
i think the same and actually reckon Melb have some great kids coming through.

“Yeah….nah””
Marcus1232
Club Player

Fkn hell its like every1 expects us to win every game by 100pts on here.

I look at it as we are not playing our best footy but we are still winning.
10-0 hard to be unhappy with that I would have laughed my ass off if someone said we would be 10-0 right now.

I dont care if we r winning ugly as long as we win

Milton66
SS Life Member

Marcus1232 wrote:Fkn hell its like every1 expects us to win every game by 100pts on here.
Really? Whatever gives you that impression? 8-)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
Marcus1232 wrote:Fkn hell its like every1 expects us to win every game by 100pts on here.
Well we should and until Raph Jimmy JB Schneids Zac Mini and >insert any one of half dozen other plaers here> we wont win every game by 100 points.

And until we do we are no chance for

a) a flag
b) a dynasty
c) a belief cloud
d) a trip to the movies instead of training.

I am very concerned at all of this - very very concerned

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Milton66
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
Well we should and until Raph Jimmy JB Schneids Zac Mini and >insert any one of half dozen other plaers here> we wont win every game by 100 points.

And until we do we are no chance for

a) a flag
b) a dynasty
c) a belief cloud
d) a trip to the movies instead of training.

I am very concerned at all of this - very very concerned
Stop farting at thunder and go to bed. :lol:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Absolute blob of a game.

My one and only live H & A one for the year was an abject dud.

Melbourne played with a heavily stacked defensive half for most of it and we played like we were really bored. We weren't patient at all.

Maybe I expected too much of 1 v cellar.

Still, wins a wins a win...and as for the Demons tool next to me who thought the umpiring was some kind of conspiracy, F*** off home d-ckwad.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

A bit of perspective folks !!

We are sitting on top of the ladder at 10-0. It is bloody difficult to stay "UP" for that long. We have only ever done it 1 time in our history (2004). Next week we have the chance to create another record.

In the week leading up to the Brisbane game it was widely reported that a fair number (6-10) of our players were suffering from flu/colds/tonsiitis, including Riewoldt, Dal Santo, Montagna & King. It takes a week or two to get over these things so these guys might have been a bit flat, even though Roo, Dal & Joey were amongst our best last night. It may or may not have spread further through the club. Let's hope we are over the worst of it.

We are not aware of the "Training Load" that our fitness staff are placing on the players and what stage of the cycle they are at right now. They might be in the middle of a HUGE load in the lead up to the mid season break.

Let's just enjoy where we are at and support the team as it goes for a consecutive wins record next week, and the week after, and the week after, and the week after, and .................... !!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

We are out of form.....

Essendon, Brisbane (ES), Melbourne were the right opposition to play whilst very flat.....

Geelong, Hawthorn, WB or an interstate team away would have got us in the last three weeks....

We need the break to come, and reload...