We cant beat Geelong with

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

JEANLUCPICARD wrote:
joffaboy wrote:can the mods please F*** these trolling halfwits off???
Ok Stalin. Any other opinion other than yay stkilda should be banned?

What the hell? Did you grow in Australia or North Korea?
or perhaps the USSR? :roll:

kaos theory
Club Player

Re: We cant beat Geelong with

kannus_ wrote:Jason Blake in the team. Slow decision maker too many stupid free kicks and not good enough to play as a tall defender(Bring in Maxy)

James Gwilt in the team. Very slow when chasing down opposition. Not damaging enough.(Bring in Goose)

Raph Clarke in the team. Sloppy player. Very slow. Bad decision. Not a one grab player.(Lucky we have Milne to come back and replace him)

McQualter a worry. You watch teams like Melb and they have so many kids which excite and look like one day they will have the potential to break a game open. Lets bring in Armitage for some fresh legs and give the kid a crack.

Alot has been said about our bottom 6 and people are raving about how much they make a difference but compare our bottom 6 to Geelongs and there is a massive gap.

Ive always said you cant win a GF with players that wouldn't get a game with another club in the league and unfortunately these 4 would not get a game at any other club because they are not good enough.

Nows the time to bring back Goose and Max. Get some game time into them now rather than in Rd 16plus leading into finals.
Another troll.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

http://www.finalsiren.com/MatchDetails. ... 6ac764caf9

How many players in that side couldn't beat Geelong?

Yeah nah pleasing positive
CaptainRiewoldt
Club Player

blake i agree is a back up time to bring in the real backmen max and goose.

raph - give hima chnace FFS he has just got back once he get used to the speed of afl again he'll dominate- see reiwoldt.

macqualter?? - has been great seriously leave him alone alone

gwilt?? - we are sitting on a goldmine here once he erupts oMG it will be al over we need his x factor come finals time.

in summary - blake out max/maguire in

that is all

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

CaptainReiwoldt wrote:blake i agree is a back up time to bring in the real backmen max and goose.

raph - give hima chnace FFS he has just got back once he get used to the speed of afl again he'll dominate- see reiwoldt.

macqualter?? - has been great seriously leave him alone alone

gwilt?? - we are sitting on a goldmine here once he erupts oMG it will be al over we need his x factor come finals time.

in summary - blake out max/maguire in

that is all
How does the Tip Rat get back in?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: We cant beat Geelong with

kannus_ wrote:Jason Blake in the team. Slow decision maker too many stupid free kicks and not good enough to play as a tall defender(Bring in Maxy)
very harsh! I think he has improved considerably over the past season or two.

Leave JB alone!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Actually believe Blake would get a spot in quite a few teams in the league, he's a jack of all trades that play almost anywhere.
But in answering your question regarding Geelong, if we play like we did last night, wouldn't matter who was in our side, we wouldn't beat them, or a few other teams in the competition right now.
However, if we play like we did against the Bulldogs, filth, Port Powerless, Adelaide, West Coast etc, oh yes we will beat them.
We would beat them even with Blake, Gwilt, Mini etc.
If everyone in your side does their job, than you can beat anybody.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
StSteven
Club Player

felt very afraid watching them today, Maybe they will have the flu in 3 weeks after 2 trips to WA!

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

As always, a ludicrous list of whipping boys.

McQualter? He's been a key element in sustaining our pressure when they are bringing the ball out of defence and has also shown new abilities as a crumber. I reckon that Schneider goes before him ATM.

Raph? Obviously, he'd be a worry in the hothouse situation of a finals series. (Wait a minute!! Wasn't he our best player in the finals last year? Gee....)

Gwilt? He's been very good in 2 out of our last 3 games (he was ordinary last week, but he wasn't alone). Sure, he isn't as much of a threat inside the attacking 50 as Riewoldt, Kosi or Milne. But he's doing well and his physical presence off the ball is growing each week: which is something we haven't really had inside our forward line since Hamill busted his knee.

Blake? You've got to be kidding!! Along with Riewoldt and Sam Fisher (and, towards the end, Raph), he was one of the stars of our run home last year. He hasn't played at his best in the last couple of weeks, but he is as at much risk of being dropped as I am of getting a date with Jessica Beal.

Baker? I thought he was among our best for the first few rounds of the season. He's played a couple of rather poor games, but - as with Blake - he's a hard, seasoned performer who adds more to our overall impact as a team than many on here seem to be able to understand.

I notice that Schneider, no matter how little he delivers in a game (and I reckon he has played one good game out of 10 goes so far this season), is always immune from criticism in these sorts of discussions. I guess Schneider's a pretty Aryan sort of a name, so he's likely to appeal to the sort of posters who reflexively attack Jimmy and Raph (oh Lordy hush my mouth: how could I possibly dare to suggest that some of our beloved posters have a problem with dark-skinned players? Shame on me.)

Look, I know that many on this forum seem to have a broken record running in their heads that says "play the kids, play the kids, play the kids".

But this is getting ridiculous. We are 10-0 FFS. Our defence has been so miserly that we are a good chance of breaking some sort of all time record. We are the second best attacking team. What more do some of you expect??

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

dont be implying a racist line when there clearly isnt one, thats pretty pissweak !!

Gwilts been ok imo, not so for others. Raph has been shocking imo, not so for others

Im offended that you read racist bulls*** into it. Pathetic.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Our defence has been so miserly that we are a good chance of breaking some sort of all time record. What more do some of you expect??
It seems that some supporters will never be happy until we hold a team goalless for an entire game ... oops sorry .... did i say goalless I actually meant scoreless :roll:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
rexy
SS Life Member

iwantmeseats wrote:dont be implying a racist line when there clearly isnt one, thats pretty pissweak !!

Gwilts been ok imo, not so for others. Raph has been shocking imo, not so for others

Im offended that you read racist bulls*** into it. Pathetic.
Agreed, what you are accusing people of is a pretty serious offence. Dont bandy it around and detract from the real issues of racism which exist in our community.

Maybe this year?
AP Erebus
Club Player

YAY!!!!

Another low tier player bashing thread!!!

At least SS is consistent in the types of threads being generated.

it has been around this time that "Kosi" will headbutt a fence, rip a hamstring or belt someone.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

We can't beat Geelong with....

A bit of a direct statement don't you think, perhaps an "in my opinion" would have been nice?