Well done Raph [er]

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Well done Raph [er]

There are lots of things that people have been slagging him over - has anyone seen the passage of play 10 minutes to go in the first!

He hand balls to King - who then pops it back up into the air [absolute suicide] - Rapher in the midst of 3 Demons - Raph just gets his hand to it to bring it to the ground - then dives into the pack to muscle the ball out - by now there are 6 demons to two sainters - one Rapher on the ground - the ball is then forced back into the vacinity and Rapher again lunges to just get the ball out - to King - who clears to Hayes ----------> fast forward 10 seconds - Goddard goals!

Not saying he was BOG - just accepting of thefact that Raph does the good 1%er things - and busts his guts for the Sainters
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Tue 02 Jun 2009 1:10pm, edited 2 times in total.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Saints43
Club Player

Great goal BJ!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Can somebody please inform Sainter_dad that it is against forum rules to praise Raph Clarke.

Mods can you issue him with a warning for flagrantly disregarding this most sacred of rules?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Yes Sainter Dad, how will those whips ever hit Raph if you're standing in the way?

Young Georgie
Club Player

Re: Well done Rapher

Sainter_Dad wrote:There are lots of things that people have been slagging him over - has anyone seen the passage of play 10 minutes to go in the first!

He hand balls to King - who then pops it back up into the air [absolute suicide] - Rapher in the midst of 3 Demons - Raph just gets his hand to it to bring it to the ground - then dives into the pack to muscle the ball out - by now there are 6 demons to two sainters - one Rapher on the ground - the ball is then forced back into the vacinity and Rapher again lunges to just get the ball out - to King - who clears to Hayes ----------> fast forward 10 seconds - Goddard goals!

Not saying he was BOG - just accepting of thefact that Raph does the good 1%er things - and busts his guts for the Sainters
Bottom 6: 1%
And then Rapha was ready.
The Great King tested the much maligned Rapha who was mercilessly attacked once more by his inner demons.
More evil forces arrived in the hideous form of some unrelenting saintsational posters to kick and to abuse.
On hands and knees desperately fighting and lunging Rapha valiantly found his way through the seething mass and bravely triumphed without turning the ball over.
Young Rapha proved himself to the Wise King who offered his blessing by paving the way with a magical Hayes and leaving the Almighty Goddard to finish off the good work, shoot for glory and deliver us the 4 points.
Redemption at last Rapha?
Yes it is written: the Saints are coming...with Raph...to claim the holy grail!

Graceful, elusive, strong overhead and no Easybeat!
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Remember what accepting mediocrity did to us in the 80's?

Bring back the Lockett era
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Remember what accepting mediocrity did to us in the 80's?
Never did I say that I was accepting of mediocrity - but all too often there is never a mention of the good things our supposed 'bottom 6' do. I just thought it worth mentioning that he did do some good things - and did show awareness of the game around him.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

10 zip and a % of 183 after round 10 is as far from mediocrity as this team is from any team that ran out in red white and black in the '80's. In fact I never missed a single game during the 80's and I was lucky to see 10 wins in the entire decade!!

fingers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Can somebody please inform Sainter_dad that it is against forum rules to praise Raph Clarke.

Mods can you issue him with a warning for flagrantly disregarding this most sacred of rules?
Sainter_Dad - yellow card. Don't do it again.

sainter35
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Can somebody please inform Sainter_dad that it is against forum rules to praise Raph Clarke.

Very true.

However to me the bigger concern about that post is calling him Rapher/Rafa.

Until now the only person I'd heard call him that was Bruce McAvaney.

Just don't start calling him special or delicious Sainter_Dad.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

sainter35 wrote:

Very true.

Yeah most people around us at the game call him "Oh My God Not" Rapher

― Aristophanes

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

sainter35 wrote:

Very true.

Exactly, he is Raph.

Rapher/Rapha/Raffa is a Spanish ponce that got knocked out of the French Open the other day.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
sainter35 wrote:

Very true.

Exactly, he is Raph.

Rapher/Rapha/Raffa is a Spanish ponce that got knocked out of the French Open the other day.
Okay Okay - I will call him Raph - If you guys acknowledge that that piece of play was a little "special" :lol: :wink:

― Aristophanes

yipper
SS Life Member

BringBackMadDog wrote:
10 zip and a % of 183 after round 10 is as far from mediocrity as this team is from any team that ran out in red white and black in the '80's. In fact I never missed a single game during the 80's and I was lucky to see 10 wins in the entire decade!!
Spot on - exactly. Mediocrity pfft!!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I hope Raph doesnt ever read Saintsational. When in form he is one of our best players, he proved that in last years finals series. He is probably down in confidence at the moment, as a result of reading this Forum.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Im highly critical of him, and wasnt happy with him watching him first hand on Sat night.

But, Ill back him again. But people, if you think we can carry his erratic form and think we can challenge for a flag you are sorely mistaken. Standards this year are much higher.

Please Raph, take your time this week and make good decisions.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Im highly critical of him, and wasnt happy with him watching him first hand on Sat night.

But, Ill back him again. But people, if you think we can carry his erratic form and think we can challenge for a flag you are sorely mistaken. Standards this year are much higher.

Please Raph, take your time this week and make good decisions.
Good constructive critisism IWMS.

I think you are more than fair and you are spot on. NOBODY should lower their standards if they want to stay in the team.

If you dont do what is required you should get dropped.....but

10-0 and a % of 183 is doing what is required and I will back the players in the team until they dont get the win.

Until then they have earned their credits.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Milton66
SS Life Member

Interesting how a positive "Raph" thread struggle to get to 16 replies... yet a bag Raph thread shoots to 2 pages+ with a bullet. 8-)

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
claystreet
Club Player

I will add to it

Hes 2 games in, he needs the run, and i hope he gets a great game under his belt against the Roos.

Should retain his spot for this week put in a gooden and cement a spot hopefully.