We will NOT win a premiership without Jason blake

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

vacuous space
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:... I think [Max] will have to wait at least another game or two.
Don't Sandy have some time off now? My thought is he either comes back this week or he'll come back after the break. Given Blake's ability to play elsewhere, I wouldn't be stunned to see Max come in for Gardiner. We could play Max on Petrie and Dawson on Hale.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
plugger66 wrote:... I think [Max] will have to wait at least another game or two.
Don't Sandy have some time off now? My thought is he either comes back this week or he'll come back after the break. Given Blake's ability to play elsewhere, I wouldn't be stunned to see Max come in for Gardiner. We could play Max on Petrie and Dawson on Hale.
could happen.

as long as we don't throw blake forward. there's a reason he's only kicked 33.23 in 146 games, and it's not all because he's mostly played back. he's actually not a horrible set shot but he just has real trouble getting in good position in the forward line.

PJ
SS Life Member

3 players you could drop for Max - Raph, Gram or Bakes but definately not Dawson or Blake. They have earned their spots and should keep it.
The only 1 out this 3 would be Bakes - structure and skill sets
IMO Baker is less likely to go - simply because there isn't really anyone else to man up on the smaller forwards.
Max has the ability to play both small and tall and earnt his rep doing this.

Would hate to see bakes go but if Max is a must have then this is the best option - given we have a few relly good midfield taggers now. I guess that is probably the most flexible part of including max is that he can take almost any kind of forward.

Bakes on the other hand is more limited but will give you his absolute heart and soul.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Wow, what a train wreck. Um, maybe I should've re-wordee the OP. What I mean is he is an integral part of the team - We could win the premiership without him, but I guess what I mean is go easy on the bloke eh?

I have faith in him being able to do his job and anyone who wants hime out of the team can quite frankly suck my hairy nuts.

Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Yes he is an important part of our side and while he continues to do what the coach asks of him he will continue to be in the first dozen players picked each week.
Nothing flashy, not going to pick up many brownlow votes. He does what he's told to do and does it well.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:If we truly can't win the flag with him out we're obviously not that good.
one of the most confusing comments i've ever read. i have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say.

who is we? is the first we the same as the second we? isn't blake part of the we, anyway?
...and you reckon bergholt's commet was confusing!!!!!

rexy
SS Life Member

spert wrote:10 wins out of 10 games , the best defence in the comp -the best defence we have ever had I reckon, probably the best percentage the club has had at this stage in its existance ..yet people think there is a probelm.??
No problems spert, only opportunities. Opportunities to further enhance what is statitically the best defence in the league with one of last years top ranked defenders.

Maybe this year?
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I can officially say after five years of posting here and nobody knowing who the hell I am, this thread is my most embarrassing moment ever on Saintsational.

Fortunately, noone cares.

:lol: :lol: 8-)

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:...Fortunately, noone cares.

:lol: :lol: 8-)
No, that's not true. Most have always disregarded your opinion, just like the opinions of almost everyone else. The Board is very even handed in this respect.

kannus_

Good post Solar.

Your right if he was one of our best defenders why wasnt he on Bradshaw or brown against Brissy. We lost a bit of S Fishers rebound that day as he had to play on Brown. If Max or goose were in they could have covered Brown and Fisher free.

I find it interesting the argument about Blake being our 2nd best effective kick in the team. only beaten by Dawson. Could that possibly be becasue they are the main two that play kick to kick in the back line to slow they play down and work for a way out. Put him under some immense pressure and that effectiveness will come down.

max is one dimensional i hear someone say. Where else has Blake played this year and had any effect apart from backline. He played in the ruck for a little against PA and we started struggling in the middle when he was there. GT isnt here anymore we wont be seeing Blake in the ruck.

And for all these we have won 10 games and not lost and we have the best defence in the country people. All i have to asked you is do we want to improve or are we happy playing at the level we are now. Lets find out if we can get better rather than be scared to make a change. Surely we can afford a little bit of trial area during the season rather than not changing the team during the year and thinking what if's if unfortunately we dont win a flag(Touch wood).